• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

What if....RIVALS

Kevin

Gator Fan
What if Florida had no rivals at all. I mean, its not going to happen but just think about it. What would be the point of sports? They would just be boring and time-wasting. Even though we hate rival teams such as: UGA, UT, LSU, SC, UK, Vandy, Auburn, FSU, and Miami, and even more so their fans and supporters, what would we be without our close rival "friends" [or enemies]? Or what would our rivals be without us? I think they would find relief in there being no UF. But, they're jealous (obviously); we're so good, we could beat them anyway on any day. I mean, really, take FSU for example. They're our only major in-state/out-of-conference rival (well, other than Miami). We would beat no other Florida ACC team until the time came to play Miami every 6 yrs, or ever how often we play the stupid team (and quite frankly, they've been a pain to beat).
Now, take LSU for another example. They're our only rivals from the SEC West that we play every yr. And Vandy, UT, UK, and SC are our rivals because they're in the SEC East with us. However, UGA is another story that I don't feel like discussing right now!
My point is: Even though we hate our rivals (and they hate us), aren't they critical in making sports fun and enjoyable? Dont we like our "rivals" even more than we think we do?!
What do you think?

nismodrift

VIP Member
ya, I mean I love watching the gators every game even if it is a AA school we're going against and it's pretty much a guaranteed win, but that florida state game at the end of the year is the game I'm always pumped up for whether we're in title contention or not, that game is the biggest of the year in my book. there's nothing like a good ol rivalry always gets you looking forward to a new season.

rawdog

VIP Member
Games against rivals are always the most exciting games and always the games we look forward to. Football wouldn't be football without rival teams.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema