• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

We're coming to Gainesville. Where's the best tailgate?

Houston Eric

Gator Fan
I apologize if this belongs in another forum. My friend and I will be in Orlando the week after the homecoming, but we decided to come in a few days early and check out the game against Kentucky. I live in Houston and he lives in Minneapolis. In all honesty, we don't have a dog in the hunt, but want to experience a true SEC environment. What are some of the best places to go? Any good tailgating spots? I'm 32 and he is 26, so are there any good night spots to hit in town? Thanks in advance for your help.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
You can find good tailgating all around the stadium. The UF Alumni Association hosts a huge BBQ before the homecoming game at Emerson Hall.

Night time, just head to University. There's a few good places across the street from the stadium.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
On gameday, the entire university will be filled with cars/trucks tailgaiting. The best spot for someone the check the scene out is probably up and down University Blvd. You will see a ton of people out there by the Library West building.

After the game, just head to any of the many bars on university. Gator City if you want to stay close to the campus is a solid idea.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
On gameday, the entire university will be filled with cars/trucks tailgaiting. The best spot for someone the check the scene out is probably up and down University Blvd. You will see a ton of people out there by the Library West building.

After the game, just head to any of the many bars on university. Gator City if you want to stay close to the campus is a solid idea.

Gator City on a game night? For an out of towner? There's no way I reccommend that to someone. They should enjoy something a little less crowded.....

Houston Eric

Gator Fan
Thanks for all the great ideas. My friend and I purchased tickets from a broker last night, so it's a done deal to come.
We're not too worried about the big crowds. I've been to games in Austin, Norman, Baton Rouge, College Station, and St. Louis (Big 12 Championship) so I have witnessed that all before. However, the SEC is still the most dedicated crowds by far, and my buddy has never seen that. I have always wanted to check out the swamp as well. Anyway, keep the ideas coming. Thanks again for the help.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema