• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Well.....

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
Haven't been around for a couple weeks since I have had to work the last 3 Saturday's, but it looks like I'm not missing much. Damn we still suck LOL. oh well....

CHOMP CHOMP

Swamp Person

Swamp Gator
Haven't been around for a couple weeks since I have had to work the last 3 Saturday's, but it looks like I'm not missing much. Damn we still suck LOL. oh well....

CHOMP CHOMP

I didn't see none of it Inked. Yes it looks like were rebuilding for sure from what I'm reading. I just hope we start taken the required steps to move forward as painful as it might be. I don't care who it is who gets their feelings hurt by being benched. We got to move on. It's got to be the best for the TEAM.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
There is nobody left to bench. We are just not that good. I am at a loss for words. Not because we lost, but that we looked like losers. Muff a punt? Just stand there and cry about a bad call. Fumble a ball? Just shrug it off and work on fundamentals next week. This is bull****, ladies and gentlemen. I have officially rescinded my Coach Boom for President vote. Ron Zook is starting to look like a genius.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
There is nobody left to bench. We are just not that good. I am at a loss for words. Not because we lost, but that we looked like losers. Muff a punt? Just stand there and cry about a bad call. Fumble a ball? Just shrug it off and work on fundamentals next week. This is bull****, ladies and gentlemen. I have officially rescinded my Coach Boom for President vote. Ron Zook is starting to look like a genius.
I am with you up until the last two sentences, E-.
Coach Boom is just being himself out there--at that point, he was the only Gator showing any FIRE out there at all. If we got MAD, instead of giving in with a depressed, "It isn't fair!"-shrug like the players seem to do every time something goes against them, it would be different. An angry defense, one that was FURIOUS with the call, the mistake (Rainey should have held onto it ANYWAY--that was his 2nd drop in as many punts), at being put in a bad place AGAIN, might have gone out there and shut 'em down (and forced another missed FG?). Nope: they were "down", depressed, sad...the corners (two of 'em were THERE!) let the WR go up and get the high lob in the endzone. Instead of catching their Coach's passion, they used the whole "unfairness" as an excuse; we saw that repeatedly last night, every time something went against us.
It's not Coach Boom's fault that he's been saddled with a bunch of 4- and 5-star CLOWNS, the worst kind of talented-but-gutless head cases.
It worries me that someone as insightful and normally objective as yourself is turning on our Head Coach, E-: he's going to need support from SOMEWHERE in order to get through the cold, hard road between where we are and where we're going. The casual fans and bandwagon-jumpers are going to be howling for his head between here and there, I'm sure, if this goes how I THINK it will. Gators like us, those who love and support this team with clear eyes and for the long term, will be the ones who drop a counter-argument here and there across the web against all the mud that will be slung his way these next few months or so.
And I KNOW you aren't serious about your Zook-comparison. It wasn't Zook's record that was the tip-off with him (and his RECRUITING was first-rate: Meyer should have had an '06 Championship ring made for him!): it was his obvious confusion out there, and the way he infected his team with it. No, Muschamp is no Zooker, I assure you.

Swamp Person

Swamp Gator
Agreed DRU. It's becoming to be as if we were setting ourselves up to be BCS champs this yr. I know in the beginning we were set for the hum drum year on JBrantley being our QB but with the promise of the four wins we set ourselves up for the CRUSHING FEELING which I feel I done to myself. I set the goals not no one else. We will end up .500 I tell you it's a given to me. But we got to suffer the worst to get to the glory. When it started out I thought it was just the glory but now I seen this Auburn loss I know it's real. To me this is our first loss on my schedule that I thought we could really win. I shouldn't of left myself open for even the Hope of beating the Tide or the Tigers but I did. But I got the want to win just like every gator. But you got to be real with the loses to #1 #2 teams in the nation.

One more note. It sounds like IF ( I know they don't count ) we would of had our starting QB we would of won this one even being sloppy. By him being a leader to the offense, By him having the skills to connect to score points. The offense has got to score in games like this. A football TEAM doesn't win with their offense alone but It does help when you got one to rely on. Defenses, and special teams add but it's really the offense who's ONLY job is to score the points isn't it?

Jody Yates

Gator Fan
Be careful what you wish for. Last season a lot of Gator fans, myself included, was calling for JB's head on a platter. What i wouldn't give to have had JB under center last night. The 4-0 start probably did give a false sense of hope for a great season. After playing Bama and LSU we were served a dose of reality. Really what were we expecting though, Bama and LSU are head and shoulders above EVERY team in the country. Looking at these two teams leave little doubt that the SEC will win a 6th st8 NC. I to thought this would be a game we could win even with JB out. I thought we would be able to run very well against Auburn's D. After this 3 game reality check was served up we should revert back to the preseason and remember that this is about where we thought we would be. Most Gators fan were looking at next season or 2 seasons down the road. That being said anyone throwing Coach Boom under the bus after these 3 games is crazy. I think we are capable of beating every remaining team on our schedule. But with mistakes and sloppy play we could get beat by any team remaining.(except one)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Okay. Sober now. I take back what I said about Zook. That was a silly statement. This is one way to purge ourselves of those over rated divas from the old regime. This will take a couple years to fix.

I do not see us climbing out of this quicksand. Georgia is better than Auburn, and we looked silly against them. South Carolina and FSU are looking scary unless something changes in the bye week. One man can raise this team up. John Walter Brantley IV. Damn, I wish I could take back everything I said about him. We need a leader. Easley leads our defense, along with Elam. Rainey is sucking as a leader. Gillislee is a captain, but he needs more carries.

I don't know what else to say. Buckle up and hope we get to .500.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Okay. Sober now. I take back what I said about Zook. That was a silly statement. This is one way to purge ourselves of those over rated divas from the old regime. This will take a couple years to fix.

I do not see us climbing out of this quicksand. Georgia is better than Auburn, and we looked silly against them. South Carolina and FSU are looking scary unless something changes in the bye week. One man can raise this team up. John Walter Brantley IV. Damn, I wish I could take back everything I said about him. We need a leader. Easley leads our defense, along with Elam. Rainey is sucking as a leader. Gillislee is a captain, but he needs more carries.

I don't know what else to say. Buckle up and hope we get to .500.
You've got nothing to apologize for, man--I'm just glad you feel the way you actually DO.
"This will take a couple of years to fix": Ain't THAT the truth? I came in saying (and believing) we'd be "good next year and GREAT the one after that"...Saturday's game confirmed my worst fears, those that began to stir during those back-to-back slaughters: given how MUCH is wrong, the wholesale housecleaning that is required among our players, this group comprised of a few hardworking TEAMmates and what turns out to be a large number of talented losers out for themselves, we must add at LEAST another year onto that estimate. THAT'S assuming the Coach begins the process now, goes with those TEAMmembers he's got, and where possible starts moving the head cases aside THIS season. If they don't like it, let 'em walk--more openings for this next recruiting cycle--his first full one and now even more important than it already WAS. Even so, next season is bound to be the "reload" we were HOPING this one would be last spring, making 2013 our next shot at challenging for BCS contention, and the year after THAT the year we regain our full, "unstoppable might".
There's lots to say about the nuts'n'bolts of "keeping it together", getting the most out of the rest of this year while beginning the work I refer to above--and facing squarely the stark realities of how badly we suck right now, and why. I've got a couple of harsh judgments to make in that regard, but I'll do it elsewhere. There are a number of related questions about who should or shouldn't be seeing more time on the field. What HAVE we learned about the two freshman QBs? Why ISN'T Gillislee getting more carries, even now? What's with all the careless mistakes, foolish penalties, missed INTs, sh*tty tackling, and so on--but these can all wait, too, for now. A lot of it we've vented about piecemeal, in a lot of different places and different ways, all over our site here already.
Bottom line: we're not a good TEAM right now, in fact we are difficult to watch! I don't know about y'all, but where the previous 2 weeks left me in pain, this last one left me angry--and rather than lessening over the last 24-plus hours or so, that anger has strengthened, deepened as I thought about our play. I'm thinking about putting up a separate thread here just for venting called, "What I HATE About Our Current Florida Gator Team"--not just to give an outlet to our rage and frustration, but to let us all see our common concerns and insights, and begin to see what can be done about it all.
I've got a bunch of things I'D say on such a thread, but here's the most important thing I'll leave y'all with here: it isn't so much WINS that concern me the rest of this season (though I KNOW that we are capable of beating every one of the teams we meet the rest of the way--and just as liable to lose to them), it is the degree to which we play as a team, the players on that team playing with head, heart and fearless passion.
ALL the major programs recruit a lot of talented individuals. Any of the top 2 or 3 dozen of such schools get their share of the ones with the dazzling highlight reels, and they all will have extensive modern facilities, strength and conditioning coaches and year round programs getting these young men into the best physical condition possible--FOOTBALL-strong and ready. They all go out and get experienced, successful, "well regarded" coaches to run their programs. What sets the very best of these, the perennial Championship-contenders apart?
It is these very "intangibles": "Head, heart and fearless passion", forged together through hard work, commitment and self-discipline to form a team: a group that is greater than the sum of its parts.
That is exactly what Coach M has had in mind from the moment he got here. How could he know how much work there REALLY was to be done?--Not even WE knew that, and we were HERE the whole time. Not that I believe it would have made any difference--as it turns out, this was his "secret DREAM job", not Texas, and he would have jumped at it regardless. But now he knows, as we do, that this is a bigger job, a longer, rougher road to be walked: there is rot in the very foundation. He'll get it done, and do it right. I just want to see that he gets the chance to see it through--and the only thing I can think of that we might be able to do to help is to answer the inevitable impatience, frustration and ignorance that will come out as howling calls for the coaches' scalps. Answer them each in our own way in comments and contributions on the various public sites out there. Don't let the Big Mouths and the Trolls set the tone.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
That was worse than a drunk post from me. That was a stupid, drunk post.
Aw, c'mon man! If THAT'S your worst, you're WAY ahead of me...When I do it, I go on for paragraphs, PAGES--multiple SELF-INDULGENT "stupid drunk posts".
Meanwhile, in my own inimitable way (and NOT for the first time, it should come as no surprise), in my own post-loss anger-and-beer-fueled throes I responded quickly and curtly to that troubled, twisted, self-styled 1-man "Political Movement" who showed up here Sat. night, trying to inundate us with all that phony drivel (y'all know who/what I'm referring to), and am now the current object of his questionable hold on reality. My only regret, though, is any perceived insult towards a child--the corruption of innocence is reprehensible, the lowest of "man's inhumanities to man", in my opinion. If that "5 yr. old" indeed exists (a sad and scary thought), I really DO feel bad for him/her. Just because HE brought them into the discussion doesn't mean I had to, and I apologize for doing so.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema