• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Well its time...

mjfan23

VIP Member
For muschamp to prove something to me.

I have been behind him loss after loss but its time this coaching staff proves something. Alot of people on this sight want to say Urban didnt help them at all with his recruiting... Im not sure if thats a fair statement, urban won games. Its time for Muschamp to win games, period.

Its this a frustration post? probably... But at the end of the day when a team continues to lose you look at coaching... well im starting to look.

This team has talent.... its time to use it to win.

ill give him a pass this yr next yr will be when i judge him

he'll have some bigger better RB's to work with but i wanna see the defense and passing game improve ALOT or else somebody call charlie strong lol

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
For muschamp to prove something to me.

I have been behind him loss after loss but its time this coaching staff proves something. Alot of people on this sight want to say Urban didnt help them at all with his recruiting... Im not sure if thats a fair statement, urban won games. Its time for Muschamp to win games, period.

Its this a frustration post? probably... But at the end of the day when a team continues to lose you look at coaching... well im starting to look.

This team has talent.... its time to use it to win.
I know how you feel, but this ISN'T the team he can be judged by--he has had to mix and match inferior components, some good guys who don't fit and a lot of not-so-good/over-rated ones who don't try (at least not hard enough, not when it counts), and adapt his schemes and his whole approach to the game to even keep it close. I DO have some questions for Weis' choices on offense, but even there I think it's a matter of trying to learn to work with a totally different type of player; right or wrong, I think he'll do better with more of the "tools and components" of an offensive philosophy that he has in mind to apply. He'd BETTER--it looks like he WILL be getting a lot of them, and there'll be no excuses. As I said to aweb in a long analysis of this very issue at the end of the "Game Day Thread", we'll be fairly uneven, especially early on, with all the freshmen working their way into the mix and onto the field next year, but we'll be more exciting, we'll win more games (especially the close ones), and NO one will want to face us as the season gets late.
Look, as I also talked about earlier over there, Meyer left us in TERRIBLE shape, it turns out--then bailed when he couldn't face what he (and his slow-witted alter-ego, the incompetent OC, who Urban left in charge of so much while he moped around and scratched his head for almost 2 seasons) had themselves created. THAT is the only "blaming" that has any real merit and value at this point, as it does establish where the problems lie--in man-power and attitude in the locker room and on the field. These ARE being addressed.
As for the rest, well, again: Coach Boom will be given at LEAST another 2 years regardless, so there is no point in doing anything but take him for what he is and what he says, support him and the team-to-be and continue to watch them closely and hope for the best. Face it: we were set back essentially 2 years by the remnants of the last regime. Now, I have every reason to suspect that we are about to save, or "get back" one of those in the upcoming recruiting cycle (I have written about this elsewhere--if you aren't already aware of what's happening in this regard, well, I talk about it a BIT on today's Game Day Thread...), if things go as well as they are shaping up to go (we COULD in effect get something close to TWO great recruiting classes in one). Fighting with each other over this and undermining team/fan solidarity would only weaken us ALL.
This business of "almost winning games" is just the WORST, I agree. This whole season has been about about a bunch of "woulda/coulda/shoulda" guys losing "woulda/shoulda/coulda" games. I just can't tell you whether this was a great coaching staff getting us that close to a good season with a bad team, or mismanagement having kept us from winning our share--but I HAVE seen, heard and considered enough to believe they should be given the benefit of the doubt, for now.
Let's see if they can "close the deal", and what they DO with it, once they do.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
ill give him a pass this yr next yr will be when i judge him

he'll have some bigger better RB's to work with but i wanna see the defense and passing game improve ALOT or else somebody call charlie strong lol
Frankly, I'm more concerned with Weis and the offense: if I am ready to say "I'll give him 'til next year" about ANYONE on this staff, it is he. The "D" actually did a decent job this afternoon--undermanned (especially on the line, of course, but in the secondary as well) to start with and even with injuries, they have steadily improved, and today they went on the road, were continually put in the hole early on, facing (again!) a bigger team with a grinding running game and kept on the field far too much with little help getting much rest from the offense when they got in there, they STILL managed to hold a contending SEC team to 17 points at their place...they did THEIR part (it SHOULD have been enough to win). That "D" will only get better, much better, and though perhaps it will lag behind at first, the offense will also be bringing in more pro-style playmakers and linemen, and they should help to support and improve the more and more experienced "keepers" we DO have on that side of the ball.
I frankly don't understand a lot of the decisions, either in personnel OR play-calling that are made by the OC; I have learned to reserve judgement in the absence of information on health and other issues, and what I do know does often explain at least possible explanations, but as he gets the personnel he needs to get things turned around (power RBs, more and bigger linemen, and for God's sake a decent WR or two!), I cannot help but expect to see results as NEXT season progresses.
While the playcalling has frustrated, even baffled me at crucial points in the last few games, it has been the personnel decisions that have left me most bewildered. More than anything else, I do not understand how or why players just seem to disappear. First, there was (and continues to be) Gillissley--in fact, he AND Joyer, whom together form a tandem that is as close to a "power running game" as we've got, despite talk earlier on of a greater role for the former and general high praise for the latter, where have they gone? Where were they down at the 1-and-a-1/2 early in THIS game? Then there is the latest "missing person", an acknowledged and demonstrated "great athlete" in Burton: where has HE gone? With banged up and inexperienced QBs, and hardly a decent WR, where is Trey in ONE of his roles? Doesn't the well-known "imaginative game planner and wily play-caller", the "quick thinking and flexible schemer-on-offense" from the pros have some plans and plays ready to go for and with such talents at his disposal, and if not, WHY NOT? I'm not being an "arm chair quarterback" bent on criticism: I really want to KNOW.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uh, No. You dismissed the whole coaching staff AND Foley back then, as you are STILL so anxious to do, and you are with all the knee-jerk crowd who just react to what is right in front of them. Sorry, but that's what I see, and I refuse to have my post be lumped together with THAT.
You really HATE this staff? Better go and watch B-ball for a couple of years at least, 'cause they aren't going ANYWHERE before then...and if things go the way I THINK they'll go, you'll be with all the other people cheering this team 2 years from now, conveniently forgetting how you abandoned ALL support for EVERYONE with NO regard for mitigating factors OR the mess that the PREVIOUS regime put before us all. In retrospect, it is obvious that NO ONE could have avoided the crash Meyer-and-his-conductor had set us on course for before leaping from the runaway train. All of us, Coach AND Gator Nation, were not just starting from scratch this season, we were starting IN THE RED.
I for one will NOT forget your SMUGNESS at our pain and hard times--and that is what your tone AND content reek of: smugness. You hold a rather shallow opinion shared by the most impatiently dismissive elements of Gator Nation, TG, and you seem to be ENJOYING the certainty that you are "right". Not only do I disagree with almost everything you take for granted (all I proposed is that Weis MUST get more from the offense next year, and meant to IMPLY that Muschamp, while he rightly shoulders responsibility as Head Coach and "stand up guy", is NOT in charge of the offense on a play-by-play level), but I am disappointed and frankly offended at your arrogant dismissal of all of us who love what the present Head Coach is trying to build here, and the direction he is trying to take this team. The attitude and standard that he intends to instill, the way the team-to-be will ideally reflect HIS personality, is long overdue here.
You think our troubles somehow vindicate YOU?!! Only my sense of fairness and former high regard for your participation here prevent me from saying more about what I think of THAT.

TraderGator

Gator Fan
No problem DRU . . . it's your Board.

Since you've made it a personal issue with me if I don't agree, I surrender the floor to your postings and opinion.

I'm outta' here.

Good luck!

GO GATORS!

Uh, No. You dismissed the whole coaching staff AND Foley back then, as you are STILL so anxious to do, and you are with all the knee-jerk crowd who just react to what is right in front of them. Sorry, but that's what I see, and I refuse to have my post be lumped together with THAT.
You really HATE this staff? Better go and watch B-ball for a couple of years at least, 'cause they aren't going ANYWHERE before then...and if things go the way I THINK they'll go, you'll be with all the other people cheering this team 2 years from now, conveniently forgetting how you abandoned ALL support for EVERYONE with NO regard for mitigating factors OR the mess that the PREVIOUS regime put before us all. In retrospect, it is obvious that NO ONE could have avoided the crash Meyer-and-his-conductor had set us on course for before leaping from the runaway train. All of us, Coach AND Gator Nation, were not just starting from scratch this season, we were starting IN THE RED.
I for one will NOT forget your SMUGNESS at our pain and hard times--and that is what your tone AND content reek of: smugness. You hold a rather shallow opinion shared by the most impatiently dismissive elements of Gator Nation, TG, and you seem to be ENJOYING the certainty that you are "right". Not only do I disagree with almost everything you take for granted (all I proposed is that Weis MUST get more from the offense next year, and meant to IMPLY that Muschamp, while he rightly shoulders responsibility as Head Coach and "stand up guy", is NOT in charge of the offense on a play-by-play level), but I am disappointed and frankly offended at your arrogant dismissal of all of us who love what the present Head Coach is trying to build here, and the direction he is trying to take this team. The attitude and standard that he intends to instill, the way the team-to-be will ideally reflect HIS personality, is long overdue here.
You think our troubles somehow vindicate YOU?!! Only my sense of fairness and former high regard for your participation here prevent me from saying more about what I think of THAT.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
No problem DRU . . . it's your Board.

Since you've made it a personal issue with me if I don't agree, I surrender the floor to your postings and opinion.

I'm outta' here.

Good luck!

GO GATORS!

It is NOT "my board"--BUT I WILL STAND UP TO AN AGGRESSIVELY DISMISSIVE COMMENT.
There are folks here that will agree with many of your points, but they take no PLEASURE in it, and present those views accordingly.
Do you not see how your anger and apparently DEEP resentment of this current staff has put you in the position of telling the rest of us how little we know, and that the WAY you presented it mocked us in a fashion I normally see only from anti-Gator trolls on other, more-public Gator-sites?
Even the way you flippantly decided to walk "outta here" in reaction to being confronted on this is just MOS--"more of the same". Come ON, man! Do what you want, but understand this: Going THIS route just reinforces our impression, and compounds your error, in my view.
GE is hardly some "Me-too", "Let's all get along" love-fest--far from it! There are a WIDE range of opinions and positions expressed here, but as a rule we are mostly good-natured and respectful of each other; Hell, we have all gotten to know each other to some extent, and, speaking for myself, I appreciate each and every one of our regular contributors--that includes you, TG...hence my disappointment at your above outburst.
Hope you'll reconsider and see fit to join us again here. I am sure I speak for all (even the ones who disagree with you!) when I say that you will always be welcome.

One thing I believe it is important to make clear, this of ALL weeks: I don't "worship" ANYONE, refuse to invest any individual with more trust and/or authority than they have expressly earned, and even THAT has limits: As always, "NO ONE IS BIGGER THAN THE PROGRAM". I am still excited to see what this Coach and his staff can make of our team, understand and give them the benefit of the doubt regarding the early difficulties and set-backs, but if they don't "have the goods", if any one or ALL of them turn out "not to cut it", they'll have to go--so be it, and I will be the first to proclaim my own misplaced trust.
And yes, the one thing we ALL will ALWAYS agree on: GO GATORS!!!

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Just got off work, did I miss something LOL?

I think DRU handled the situation. I missed it, too. My summary: the Gator Nation is frustrated, and we are all handling it differently. I am with DRU on this one. Let's not be like FSU fans and demand instant gratification with the new staff. Let's be Gator fans who stick together through all kinds of weather...at least for a year or two, right?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Just got off work, did I miss something LOL?
Well, apparently TG took down his post, the one I was responding so strongly to, and replaced it with that line from "A Few Good Men"...while I did try to reason with him and retrieve the situation in a fair and civil fashion, I guess he insisted on going with this rather, well, I can only describe it as "childish" way of backtracking and slamming the door.
If he thought he was so damn right in the first place, which precipitated the outburst/response that I reacted to above, you wouldn't think he'd be so quick to take it down. Along with his follow-up above, I'd guess not-being-disagreed-with is just about the most important thing TO TraderGator. I'm sorry to learn this in such raw fashion, but it isn't my problem, or anyone else's here, apparently, any longer. Oh well...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This ain't FSU, on the one hand--or UGA, on the OTHER: I like what I've heard and seen from Coach Boom from the start, and feel it in my gut that he and his staff are still on the right track. This year has been disappointing, and I understand why it has been a set-back, and how it turned out we were actually "starting in the red"--BUT if we're NOT back "with the Big Boys", in the thick of the "National Picture" 2 years from now, I will most assuredly NOT be an "understanding, patient and loyal supporter" anymore.
Meanwhile, though, let's see what happens. There will be plenty of opportunities for us to begin to see results: this next recruiting cycle will be exciting and interesting. The QB competition next Spring, and all the new faces I expect to see vying for spots as freshmen all OVER the place; then the '12 season, which should be a whole lot more fun, if at times crazily uneven with so many new-if-talented playmakers out there, than this one was...I have a feeling that while next year's team will thrill AND infuriate us at times, we'll be getting better and better in fits and spurts--and NO ONE will want to face us by November of NEXT year.

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
Lol. I don't even remember TG on this forum ever? I'm on my phone most of the time so I don't see join dates unless I click their name, but whatevr my feelings aren't hurt lol.

This entire thread can be summed up into one sentence:

And I quote myself haha : "you can judge Muschamp on this season because this is not HIS team he is playing with, it's Urbans." so chill out people. I personally love the fire muschamp provides on the side line and think he is a good coach so far. He has came in with a team he didn't put together and has has a pretty damn tuff sched his 1st year....give him a chance!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema