• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Week 9: NR Florida Gators vs #1 Georgia Bulldogs "World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party" 10/30/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
The good: the streak is alive.
The bad: the Gators had the worst 2 minutes of football and never recovered.
The ugly: AR15 probably will be in concussion protocol for a bit.

Attachments

• 16312A3E-6950-4B01-8898-CF2C678775C7.jpeg
    16312A3E-6950-4B01-8898-CF2C678775C7.jpeg
    211.3 KB · Views: 95

Escambia94

Sorry, bra’: When it has all come down to “MORAL victories”, and THOSE amount to things like”most yardage against your otherwise high-flying rival”, and/or “no-shut-out-streak preserved”, well I know YOU know that just won’t DO.
When my dad was teaching himself Japanese (preparing for a posting as an attaché with our ally in the Western Pacific some years back), he used to make up strangely difficult phrases with which to practice “unwieldy phrasings” he swore tended to arise with diplomatic language, and some of them made us laugh, became family-catch-phrases we came to echo to each other, some I still remember:
For example, “Is yours a precious undershirt?” became a favorite among us...we came up with new ones he was happy (in his own strange way THANKFUL) to field and translate...
Our Gators are now inspiring new ones for me:
“We are a worthy door mat”, for eg., would make a superb example, I’m sure.
Hey, gimme a break...we were strangely raised, but a warped sense of humor was a definite asset—and I suppose it is my hope that it might help us ALL NOW!
Fun fact: I was born in Japan.

ゲーターズに行こう!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
@Escambia94,
Whoa, dude. My brother taught over there...now teaches Asian Studies stateside.
But my dad’s Air Force service over there was way back.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
How warm is Mullen's seat?
Frankly, I hope it’s “GOOD and warm”—and that he KNOWS it.
Something SHOULD have lit a fire under his butt a LONG time before this, doncha THINK?
You KNOW I wasn’t quick to feel this way—even now, I urge him to rethink his stubbornness, SUPPORT him in any real and true effort to reorganize this team, shake things UP! There were concrete REASONS we backed him, believed in him not just as a Head Coach, but as a GATOR HEAD COACH! I am willing to suspend judgement just once more, give him the “one more chance” he shows he truly needs, craves, DESERVES:
Show us you WANT IT, Coach!
Not just as a coach, but as the GATOR COACH.
Is that asking too much, at this point? Is it all just cynical “dollars and sense” after all?
At this point, either you want it, want it THROUGH AND THROUGH, or it IS “just another job” after all—in which case, you have already failed: on the record/by the numbers!

Escambia94

I do not think his seat is warm. Not at all. His record looks a lot like Jim Harbaugh’s, and every year their fans put him in an imaginary hot seat. Michigan fans are just as spoiled, possibly more so, than Gator fans.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I do not think his seat is warm. Not at all. His record looks a lot like Jim Harbaugh’s, and every year their fans put him in an imaginary hot seat. Michigan fans are just as spoiled, possibly more so, than Gator fans.
Aw, come ON, E—:
Now you have us on par with Harbaugh and Michigan?
THAT’S gotta be a condemnation darker and more severe than any supposed “hot seat” at Florida!
Ok—so I’m sorta making a derisive joke out of it, but on closer consideration you must agree: we GOTTA be able to do better than THAT—without hardly TRYING!
That whole thing up in Ann Arbor has developed into a yearly satire: What’s more absurd? Their annual over-self-estimation/underachievement, or the overwrought, hand-wringing surprise/shock when their expected “Breakthrough” fails to materialize once again?
Are we really in a similar state? Do we truly belong in the same category?
For if we are, then we TOO are reduced to the level of “standing joke of current college football”, after all.
That ALONE should put our Coach on a “Hot Seat” right away! I know (and agree) that given everything we know about his position and personal relationships with “those that matter” at UF, as long as there aren’t dark’n’deeply buried matters we aren’t aware of somehow poised to surface, Dan Mullen probably is NOT in any immediate danger of being fired—but he has GOT to take the various obvious shortcomings seriously, and very soon I think HAS TO begin to address the most clearly-pressing. He has to CARE about such things—and the only way for a Coach to express it that MATTERS is to take steps, MAKE MOVES to FIX it!
He neglected to do that in any visible way after LAST season.
The way 2020’s collapse has “flowed into” 2021’s continued slide through “inconsistency” into full-on “less-than-mediocrity” has been starkly unavoidable. I’d go so far as to say, “His main protection continues to be no obvious hot young replacements on the uprise...”—but that could change pretty darn quickly, believe me...especially for a losing Coach foolish enough to note and rely on it.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Aw, come ON, E—:
Now you have us on par with Harbaugh and Michigan?
THAT’S gotta be a condemnation darker and more severe than any supposed “hot seat” at Florida!
Ok—so I’m sorta making a derisive joke out of it, but on closer consideration you must agree: we GOTTA be able to do better than THAT—without hardly TRYING!
That whole thing up in Ann Arbor has developed into a yearly satire: What’s more absurd? Their annual over-self-estimation/underachievement, or the overwrought, hand-wringing surprise/shock when their expected “Breakthrough” fails to materialize once again?
Are we really in a similar state? Do we truly belong in the same category?
For if we are, then we TOO are reduced to the level of “standing joke of current college football”, after all.
That ALONE should put our Coach on a “Hot Seat” right away! I know (and agree) that given everything we know about his position and personal relationships with “those that matter” at UF, as long as there aren’t dark’n’deeply buried matters we aren’t aware of somehow poised to surface, Dan Mullen probably is NOT in any immediate danger of being fired—but he has GOT to take the various obvious shortcomings seriously, and very soon I think HAS TO begin to address the most clearly-pressing. He has to CARE about such things—and the only way for a Coach to express it that MATTERS is to take steps, MAKE MOVES to FIX it!
He neglected to do that in any visible way after LAST season.
The way 2020’s collapse has “flowed into” 2021’s continued slide through “inconsistency” into full-on “less-than-mediocrity” has been starkly unavoidable. I’d go so far as to say, “His main protection continues to be no obvious hot young replacements on the uprise...”—but that could change pretty darn quickly, believe me...especially for a losing Coach foolish enough to note and rely on it.

FireRonZook.com started right after Zook got the job.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
@Escambia94,

One more thing:
Are we “Gator Fans” truly “spoiled”, let alone “among the MOST-spoiled-in-college-football”???
“Spoiled” how and in what way?
It has been a long time since we’ve won ANYTHING meaningful. And we’ve YET to play in the annual 4-team “CFP” rounds...Haven’t they been ongoing now a full decade?!!
We have somehow retained HOPE—mostly out of trust and faith in our Coach and players. If all that has been misplaced, it seems a tragic waste of time and effort.
They have asked for our support, throughout an outright PANDEMIC, and have gotten it.
That seems a noble thing to me...Not everyone can win, but are we deserving to be castigated as “suckers” for continuing to BELIEVE? Is it “spoiled” to be disappointed in their coming up short? In asking them to make changes, redoubling their efforts:
“Once more into the breech, my friends!!!”
Not to condemn them as lazy, incompetent or traitorous—on the contrary, at worst likely just poorly USED (though some would argue “criminally WASTED”)!
OK...We do take these GAMES too seriously perhaps sometimes—but that all began long before WE came along. We all know the stories, have heard it all analyzed ad infinitum—how especially in the SOUTH these “mere football games” took on more and more “weight and meaning” in the decades after reconstruction, a reaffirmation of regional pride and a healthy redirection of resentment into sporting competition and healthy social integration, or so the theory goes. It ain’t always so “friendly” OR “healthy”, but it beats all kinds of alternatives! Along the way all manner of our human social and political weaknesses have manifested themselves—and NOT to our exaltation or betterment, either: on the contrary. But like elsewhere, we carry on, try to do better, eliminate the grossly wrong, unfair and unjust.
All in all, by now it is generally harmless and a whole lot of excuse-for-FUN.
When it all comes together.
When it DOESN’T, when things fall apart and the “REBUILDING” must begin once more, that’s when it’s NOT so “fun”. It sure as HELL ain’t so fun NOW:
We THOUGHT this was going to be an “on-our-way-BACK”-year; Instead, it’s turned out a “plunging-into-the-abyss” sort-of-affair. And that ain’t NO picnic.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
FireRonZook.com started right after Zook got the job.
Oh, Mullen’s no Zook. That much I think we CAN say with confidence. Not that he was a bad guy—and he WAS honest.
But I never had much faith in Zook except as some “marker”, a kind of “holding action” after Spurrier—when NO ONE was likely to suffice, to measure up.
But he eventually gave way to Meyer.
Leo Durocher was right, I guess:
“Nice guys finish last.”
We sure have seen a strangely varied demonstration of THAT one’s mixed meanings—Meyer THROUGH Mullen, with a coupla complicated “M’s” in between!
I don’t KNOW what to make of it all at this point!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
On further reflection, here’s my “stark morning-AFTER” take on your question:
“Probably (almost CERTAINLY) NOT—but maybe he SHOULD be?!!”
Man “SHOULD” be more bothered by it than he appears to be...there’s an “URGENCY” that seems “required but somehow LACKING here now!”
I’m not sure how to read or interpret that, at this point.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(...It’s ALMOST as if he’d be RELIEVED to hear he was fired now!)
He wouldn’t be the first otherwise seemingly successful Coach to suddenly find he was “burned out” here at UF...that for one reason or another found it all “just wasn’t WORTH IT”!
Of course, in other cases, subsequent moves and events called those claims and supposed “realizations” into question (I’m of course talking “Urban Meyer” now!), but I’m certainly wondering wtf is going ON with THIS Coach now!
But I’m ALSO just as likely simply grasping at straws, blindly groping in the dark for an explanation, ANY explanation for actions, outcomes and behavior that just don’t add UP!
You can probably just ignore my blatherings—or make up your OWN for now!
Maybe there’s simply “another shoe to drop”—and all will become more clear once it does.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Never mind how all the “experts” out there (not to mention our own FANS) try to hang on us the rest of this season and into the post- and INTER-seasonal periods from here...
NONE OF IT IS REAL.
Just because it is loud, just ‘cause it drowns out everything ELSE, does NOT make it anything more than “the latest pile of SH*T”!!!
Just more “POLITICS”!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I have washed all my Gator T’s.
Am folding them up and putting them away RIGHT NOW.
I don’t know when they will see the light of day again.
Sliding the drawer closed now.
MAY move them to a “certain suitcase”—but am putting that off for now: Let’s see what in fact ensues from here, gents.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Me, I’m in “shut-down/withdrawal”-mode...
That whole deal with only POUNCEY remaining on the field with the Florida fans for the post-game singing of the alma mater song was just terrible form...I gotta go with the general fan reaction, along lines of “Coach only thinking of himself—and HE just wanted to SULK!”
I’m thinking that locker room is in deeper disarray than we even guessed or realized.
Mullen could be gone soon after all—possibly by his own HAND!
Frankly, I didn’t EXPECT THAT, even after everything that had just happened. I didn’t watch his post-game presser this time. Guess I’ll hunt it down on YouTube and check it out after all—Don’t have any real desire to suffer through it, but now thinking may be important to “read between the lines”, get an idea of “seeing what’s coming”? Anyone of y’all who saw it have any thoughts?
I mean, he DID do one, right?
He didn’t just bail from the field and disappear, right? THAT would be its OWN KIND OF “STATEMENT”!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
@Escambia94,
What is your take now after the whole post-game on-field “team NO-SHOW” for the Alma Mater song?
Care to re-evaluate overall team morale after all, E—?
Yikes!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...That’s how it happens, when it happens:
It very quickly goes from a trickle to a TORRENT!
NOTHING would shock me now...Hate to say it, but we could well be in for a cascading series of seemingly “blind-side hits” now...
Hope I’m wrong, TOTALLY, WAY OFF WRONG—but snap closed those safety belts and get ready, just in case, Gator-brothers: We could be bout to be tossed about a fair bit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema