• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Week 6 Scores and Highlights

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Here is the schedule of key games in week 6:
Saturday at 11:00 CT
#8 Tennessee @ #25 LSU
#23 Mississippi State vs Arkansas
Texas @ Oklahoma

Saturday at 2:30 CT
#2 Georgia vs Auburn
#9 Ole Miss @ Vanderbilt

Saturday at 6:30 CT
#13 Kentucky vs South Carolina
#1 Alabama vs Texas A&M
#14 NC State vs FSU

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Interesting being here in Austin now--where the vibe regarding their pending game with Oklahoma (amounting to a general feeling that with their injuries and mainly "half-or-less completed" rebuild) resonates with my own feelings regarding our current situation at UF.
Not that OU has looked near as powerful as expected--while Mizzou has of late, on the whole actually exceeded expectations as far as their level of play schedule likes of UGA, etc...
I don't know WHAT to make of our chances against them this morning!

Escambia94

#8 Tennessee 40, #25 LSU 13. The Volunteers amassed 502 yards to LSU’s 355. LSU volunteered to give up the ball twice in Death Valley. LSU now has losses to FSU and Tennessee.

Escambia94

#23 Mississippi State 40, Arkansas 17. The Razorbacks were lost without their best weapon as Jefferson sat out with an injury. The Fighting Cowbells flashed a surprisingly good rushing offense in addition to the pass-oriented Air Raid.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hey--Vandy seems to be holding its own against Ol' Miss! That's how it goes in the SEC. But it ALSO might mean that WE are in the basement of the SEC. So even if I APPROVE of them beating Kiffy's squad, it doesn't necessarily bode well for US.
We have GOT to become a more physical defense! Our Offense will continue to "learn and grow", become more consistent, but it is still our defense that has the most work ahead, depth and talent to add.
They showed heart and determination today, all kinds of signs of improvement--but they had so far to go to start with that even after MAKING the gains they showed today they continue to have much work still ahead of them.

Escambia94

Hey--Vandy seems to be holding its own against Ol' Miss! That's how it goes in the SEC. But it ALSO might mean that WE are in the basement of the SEC. So even if I APPROVE of them beating Kiffy's squad, it doesn't necessarily bode well for US.
We have GOT to become a more physical defense! Our Offense will continue to "learn and grow", become more consistent, but it is still our defense that has the most work ahead, depth and talent to add.
They showed heart and determination today, all kinds of signs of improvement--but they had so far to go to start with that even after MAKING the gains they showed today they continue to have much work still ahead of them.
Ole Miss just scored. Vandy 13, Ole Piss 10.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, Vandy just showed why and how you lose going on 23 straight SEC games...That defense looked like US, giving up the passing TD on the short pass on 3rd and long, where the receiver catches it in the flats and runs untouched almost 60 yards to the endzone for the quick and EASY 6 points.
Ugh. Never mind: That reminds all TOO much of OUR "excuse for defense" at times.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Texas curb stomps Oklahoma 49-0 and hands the Sooners their first shutout since 1988.
Yeah--i could TELL the Longhorn game was going well for them: my next door neighbors had a big screen, keg and barbecue going in their backyard--and there was lots of whooping and "HOOK 'EM!!!"s being shouted in the background while I hunkered down in ongoing frustration in my darkened room on the opposite side of the house. Fortunately, my relatively few Longhorn fan friends here AREN'T ready to buy into the inevitable "Texas is BACK!" talk that will now ensue. Hell, even FSU is talking that by now (HAS been ever since they barely beat LSU on that team's string of failures and miscues in the first game of their SEASON, no less.)
That is some weak-ass shit.

Escambia94

Alabama leads aTm 7-0, but Alabama QB Jalen Milroe AKA “discount Anthony Richardson” fumbles the ball.

Escambia94

Alabama leads aTm 17-14 despite three turnovers by discount Anthony Richardson.

Escambia94

South Carolina leads Kentucky 17-7 as the Cats struggle with their backup QB.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
UNC 27, scUM 24.
Well, that's good news at least...Now: If NC St can cash in this 4th quarter seeming collapse by FSU and somehow pull this one out with their inexperienced backup QB (starter knocked out if game earlier)...but it LOOKS like they just cannot move the ball with this kid.
FSU is probably going to win this by default.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
#2 Georgia 42, Auburn 10. The Dwags are a juggernaut. That is all.
The only SEC team outside of UGA that is blowing people away (and NOT Bama, who continues to WIN, DESPITE not playing dominant football at the moment) so far has been TENNESSEE--who LOOK "OK" but somehow DON'T quite seem to measure up to the very best on EITHER side of our conference.
I am just WAITING for ONE COMPLETE GAME from this Gator squad this season--Hopefully it comes against UGA in the Cocktail Party, and it's enough to pull out a "SHOCKING WIN"!!!
That and maybe 2 or 3 wins more SOMEWHERE on our remaining schedule would probably be satisfactory for now from MY P.O.V.
The Tixe, for THEIR part, is about to have to punt to aTm with just moments left and a short lead...
They could easily FINALLY ONE one of these close ones they've been flirting with.
Like I say, this is a weird season, withjust a handful of "Elite" teams deserving of playoff inclusion.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema