• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Week 5 scores and highlights

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
What a chaotic week in college football! Some of the games were moved due to Hurricane Ian. Alabama won, but may drop due to an injury to Bryce Young. Georgia won, but they barely escaped Mizzou.

#1 Georgia 26, Missouri 22.
#2 Alabama 49, #20 Arkansas 26
#3 Ohio St 49, Rutgers 10
#4 Michigan 27, Iowa 14
#5 Clemson 30, #10 NC State
#6 USCw 42, ASU 25
#14 Ole Miss 22, #7 Kentucky 19
#8 Tennessee BYE
#9 Oklahoma St 36, #16 Baylor 25
#11 Penn State 17, Northwestern 7
#12 Utah 42, OSU 16
#13 Oregon 45, Standford 27
#15 Washington BYE
NR Mississippi St 42, #17 Texas A&M 24
NR TCU 55, #18 Oklahoma 24

#19 BYU 38, Utah St 26
NR Purdue 20, #21 Minnesota 10
#22 Wake Forest 31, #23 FSU 21
NR Georgia Tech 26, #24 Pitt 21
#25 Kansas St 37, Texas Tech 28

Air Force 13, Navy 10
Army 14, Georgia St 31

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yes--"chaotic" is right! NO one is looking particularly invulnerable at the moment, though the announcers and "media prognosticators" continue to separate three "elite" teams from the rest (just for fun, I'll leave it unsaid as to WHICH "three" those are)...each of them had their own "small scare" yesterday, it seemed.
They weren't alone: I scoffed at all the talk (among their fans online, at least) about FSU being "BACK"--and then of course they immediately went out and proved otherwise against their first halfway competent foe (Wake Forrest) Saturday!
Am watching "First and Ten" on my phone right now, but I will say this:
I'm giving Sling the benefit of the doubt for now, BUT that will extend to next weekend AT MOST.
If they haven't settled up with Disney--whom I already neither trust nor respect (in many ways and to a great extent I blame THEM for screwing up Star Wars)--by WEEK 6 of the 2022 college football season, I will have to consider alternatives to my current streaming set up.
I did a lot of investigating, spent time and continue to spend MONEY to ensure I'd have every Gator game available on my TV and/or smartphone--and now that is suddenly no longer the case.
"A curse upon BOTH their houses!"
THAT'S how I feel about it...so I will make changes after that, if necessary.
Now, on to this game.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
After Dumbo Fisher’s loss to the Fighting Cowbells, he is 37-16 at aTM. His predecessor, Kevin Sumlin, was fired with the same record. If TAMU were to fire Fisher now it would cost them $95M.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
After Dumbo Fisher’s loss to the Fighting Cowbells, he is 37-16 at aTM. His predecessor, Kevin Sumlin, was fired with the same record. If TAMU were to fire Fisher now it would cost them $95M.
It was felt that Sumlin had basically overseen the program underperform during his tenure there; they can't be happy up in College Station at this point.
And those frenzied, fanatical folks are even more unreservedly reactionary and impatient than Gator (and/or more regionally, Longhorn) fans!
Glad he left Tallahassee (where he WAS having some success)--and that the bubble has apparently burst for him at aTm.
"Welcome to the SEC, dude."

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema