• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Week 4: #11 Florida Gators 38, Tennessee Volunteers 14, 9/25/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Let’s see what happens NOW:
Grantham, how about dialing up some of that PRESSURE you were once supposed to be KNOWN for?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
That “Hooker” is a slippery QB back there! We are gonna be running our TAILS off chasing him all evening, looks like.
Best we get control of this thing, knock out a coupla consecutive drives for SIX here now. It is within our power, I am sure: That is probably both the most promising and FRUSTRATING thing about this Gator squad. It is in our own hands—and we haven’t yet really GRABBED AHOLD OF IT!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
They haven’t really taken over this thing offensively yet.
Like I say, there are PLENTY of signs that we COULD—but neither play-calling nor execution has been especially tight.
Another procedural penalty.
But we kick them deep anyway.
Again: Oh for a “decent defense” right about now.
Pressure them, force the throw, maybe get a Pick-Six???
Can’t REMEMBER our last—and we may NEED something like that to turn things around, get where we SHOULD be about now.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Now we are in trouble.
They are starting to BELIEVE.
We better step up NOW, get the lead and KEEP IT!
Your house is ON FIRE, Gators!
Don’t panic; just get real ACTIVE. You have the talent, and plenty of time.
(The problem, of course, is on defense—and either they snap out of the “off night”-mode they arrived here in, and do so NOW, or our season is about to go dii out in the “let down drain” right here and now.
I mean, we are in a FIGHT—and now just gotta WIN it:
Never MIND the score, the “spread”, what anyone expected—JUST TAKE IT BACK.
This is a big moment for us, right here, right now.
We need to just put our heads down and PERFORM.
We all see what is happening.
At the very least, we are “off our game”. But that can be overcome. Just come together, reach down deep inside and work TOGETHER: depend upon yourselves and each OTHER!
You may not ultimately “impress the world” here tonight—but you CAN become more than EVER a TEAM.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We just aren’t looking particularly SHARP right now.
Do we go for it here? With THIS defense?
Oh oh: Our center is down.
MIGHT end ANY thought of going for it now: Even if he’s OK, the backup’s gotta come in here now. Mullen probably has the punt it.
All starting to go against us now—small stuff AND large.
No matter: Up to US to get this back. We do still have the talent advantage...but for the moment, we’ve lost a great deal of our “home in the Swamp” advantage—and we NEED it now, more than ever!
I now have that tight feeling I’m my gut; last time I felt it this bad was against LSU last season, and y’all know how THAT turned out.
We GOTTA take this over, take it BACK. Trouble is, it will require help from our Defense!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK—make them punt, at least. It we NEED something HUGE: a coupla big plays, wherever we can find them.
Unfortunately, our offense appears to have lost its edge.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I don’t know quite why, but Jones isn’t that aggressive here tonight. This is one night I really wish we could bring AR in.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
If we don’t at least have the lead back by the half, you think there’s any chance we’ll SEE AR15 in the 2nd half here?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Theses kind of “chip away” drives would be ok if we already HAD a lead of a coupla scores, but the way things have gone/are going it is just liable to keep us FROM the lead!
THERE’S the big run!
Nice! But we still need to BUILD on that. The defense has GOT to step up here—at LEAST make a stop...Preferably much more than THAT.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Good! Finally. That tune our defense did its JOB.
4th and long.
Time for another drive, right here, right NOW!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
That coverage kid needs to be GONE—targeting PLUS 30 yards of penalties, looks like to ME.
This is the kind of thing that ALWAYS favored us somehow.
Now up to US to cash all this in before the half.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I don’t care WHAT these announcers say: This Gator team came in here tonight with an “Alabama Hangover”, and is only now STARTING TO come out of it towards the end of the first half. I won’t even give them THAT unless they score the TD here.
But they need to GO FOR IT!
What happened to our passing game? Is Emory that unreliable?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
If they end up going for the 3pointer here (as I suspect they are about to do), I’d say they haven’t yet grasped that they are in TROUBLE here tonight. Made it—then loses the ball!!!
This is what I mean. We HAD them, about to be up ten.
Thst was PATHETIC.
That’s how you lose, for REAL.
I am SO disappointed in this team’s performance here tonight. We are NOT where I’d HOPED we are after all.
We are doing EVERYTHING to lose this one. Sad.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Is Richardson healthy? The team isn't looking too good with Jones. Auburn replace their two-plus year starter for their backup (TJ Finley) who was splitting time at LSU and he got the game-winning TD pass.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So: Anyone have a feel for what’s coming here in the 2nd half?
You can throw all MY “analysis” AND “prediction” out the window...At this point, we gotta be happy to escape our own PLACE with a win.
And that’s another thing:
Can we get our GATOR CROWD back into this? We’ll NEED them here, I think.
We get the ball to start things in the 3rd, I believe:
So it is up to the OFFENSE to get it done—at least start things rolling our way!
Personally, I’d still like to see AR15 trot out there to at least run that first series, take us down the field. Healthy, I doubt this Vols team is ready for him.
But ONLY if he IS healthy, obviously. A thousand reasons NOT to, if he isn’t 100%.
But if just a mainly psychological move, for the sake of Emory etc, well, that thinking may be a luxury that Mullen can no longer afford.
I got a feeling we’ll never know—that (unless HE is hurt) Emory will start and STAY all through the rest of this one.
That we will win or lose from here on HIS performance.
HE isn’t the reason we are in this fix so far anyway.
There are seem real reasons, a number of key mistakes at key moments—and above all, of course, that inconsistent Grantham defense.
I don’t know if it will EVER be good enough to allow our OFFENSE, no matter HOW much it continues to improve, to get us to a Championship.
But for now, we gotta just focus on this one, do what needs to be done to FINISH and PULL THIS ONE OUT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema