• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Week 4: #11 Florida Gators 38, Tennessee Volunteers 14, 9/25/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Jones at least gets a lot of it back. Nice little move by Pierce.
First down!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Beautiful:
Nice pitch and catch for the TD.
We are finally starting to play like I expected from the start.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Let’s get to the 4th quarter without letting THEM score again and I believe we can more or less run down the clock and put this thing away!
After that blunder-filled FIRST half, so far we have looked more the team we THOUGHT we had here in the 2nd.
Just keep doing what you’re doing, guys!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Another big run from #5!
Frankly, after that first half I thought it might take at LEAST a big turnover to keep them from overtaking us—but we have RESPONDED here in the 2nd half.
I don’t know WHY they punted there (though they damn near pinned them inside the five). Only gained them a little over ten yards over a complete 0 on 4th and short.
Oh well, IF the D can shut them down from the START here it’ll work out, and we can begin to run the clock and get out of here healthy and with a solid win after all.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
More poor tackling.
I HATE this chronic failure in so many fundamental ways.
Grantham and his staff SHOULD BE ASHAMED.
Their basic fall-back is to get a penalty to stop the guy with the ball! Are they TRAINED that way?
More like “NOT HARDLY TRAINED AT ALL”!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Do y’all think I’m going off “half-cocked”? Do you think it’s too early?
I’m NOT saying fire him NOW;
But I think we have seen enough by now to say that if things don’t DRASTICALLY IMPROVE by the end of this season, he is GONE soon as it’s over. Which of course means we start the search, albeit “quietly, behind-the-scenes”, fairly soon.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
CROWD certainly senses this one’s in the “win column”.
They’re partying, bless ‘em—but I’ll feel better after a coupla more stops, or at least one more drive for six from our offense.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I am still annoyed that EJ5 throws off his back foot when he is not throwing flat-footed. That last pass would be easy for half the SEC defenses to intercept.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Of course I expect Mullen to say “all the right things” in the aftermath; he WON’T center out Grantham—but he HAS to have seen EVERYTHING we have.
I’m in Emory’s corner now: However Coach chooses to use him (or NOT) with or without AR15 is cool with me—We’d be foolish NOT to defer to Mullen when it comes to QBs and the offense. But we KNOW he “errs on the side of loyalty”, it seems: will that continue to extend to Grantham?
Am I the one who is missing something when it comes to our erstwhile Defensive Coordinator?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yep—Mullen continues to have lots of “coaching” to do with Emory: Hotta believe there’ll be extra time in the film room AND on the practice field—NOT just for his work here as a Gator, but if he hopes to succeed as a future draft pick too.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Another steady drive for six!
OK. This one is ours—and if they hadn’t lost that fumble on the drive near the end of the 1st half we’d have even beaten MY spread (would have likely hit my predicted-score EXACTLY). But now our D is back to lackadaisical play I’m garbage time...
We are generally a different team in the second half so far. If we could start to play that way FROM THE START, we could be WORLD BEATERS.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
This game went about as I predicted. I called a sloppy 32-14 game and it ended up being a sloppy 38-14 score. The Vols exposed the Gator defense to the big play. Losing Kaiir Elam in the game did not help. A win is a win, but it was a bit scary to see Tennessee leading Florida in the second quarter. I am still annoyed by some bad habits from EJ5. On to the next!

Attachments

• D5B453F3-57D4-4EEE-96EF-933EE292DF16.jpeg
    D5B453F3-57D4-4EEE-96EF-933EE292DF16.jpeg
    207.2 KB · Views: 98

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK. If you didn’t watch it or at least missed the first half, it at least LOOKS like we lived up to our “widely expected” outcome.
WITH all the close calls and outright upset losses today, there’ll be some shake-up near the top of the rankings.
NOW we go on the road against a resurgent UK team—we are again BETTER than the team we’ll be facing—But this time, in an away game with a loud, hostile crowd, we damn well BETTER be ready to compete from the START. More than ever we will need our Defense to keep things close early on, I’m afraid. And so far, we haven’t seen a whole lot of THAT. Another “slow start” could SINK us this time!
I won’t be making any confident predictions for THIS ONE. I still say we are the more TALENTED team—Both sides of the ball! But we’ve also seen how that alone can fail to help us in the early going.
We have a really fine Head Coach; he’ll do everything he CAN to have us ready, but will that extend to spurring necessary improvements and changes from those in charge of our Defense?
We shall see.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This game went about as I predicted. I called a sloppy 32-14 game and it ended up being a sloppy 38-14 score. The Vols exposed the Gator defense to the big play. Losing Kaiir Elam in the game did not help. A win is a win, but it was a bit scary to see Tennessee leading Florida in the second quarter. I am still annoyed by some bad habits from EJ5. On to the next!
I am anxious to find out how serious the injury to Elam is—he is a BEAST, and clearly essential to whatever success we gain from that unit.
Gonna go over to YouTube and watch Mullen’s postgame presser—for that reason more than any other. When all is said and done, it is our weaknesses on defense that are our biggest handicap...Solve THOSE, and we can very likely put together a strong run for a rematch with the Tide!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I just watched Coach Dan’s postgame presser on YouTube;
There’s a LOT there—he more or less ANSWERS SOME of our main questions, implies a portion of a few more, and ignores some GLARING ONES, DESPITE their being at the very least relevant to some questions he was asked...and there’s SO much there that I will simply recommend y’all take the time to have a look/listen yourselves...
Elam they “HOPE will be probable” for Kentucky, and aside from the coupla guys from the defensive secondary we’d already LOST, there’s the one BESIDES Elam we’ll get back this week or next, the two already lost for the season, and otherwise we came out of THIS one relatively healthy...as for Grantham and the defense, he notes the poor tackling and missed assignments, especially in the first half—but gives his DC credit for “dialing up the right defenses” and the players “tightening up their tackling” and generally “bringing it every play” (“as they were CHALLENGED to do!”) AFTER halftime.
So either he sees it differently from ME, or is staying with the positive for now and hoping for the best, long as we keep winning...I’ll leave it for YOU to check out and evaluate for yourselves.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...One last note before moving ON:
All that has happened TODAY has made NEXT week’s game in Lexington bigger than EVER.
Long as we don’t fall TOO far down early we should be able to win this in the 2nd half.
We DO go on the road for this one, though—so this would probably be a good time to NOT struggle in the FIRST half to BEGIN with.
If we can begin to come out strong, put complete games together, EVERY OPPONENT will have difficulty staying with us.
And we will have to start getting some turnovers on defense: That’s the best way to offset our breakdowns and difficulties on that side of the ball. Eventually we’ll clean all that up—but in the meantime we at least have to become more opportunistic, ESPECIALLY against teams that have themselves shown a certain amount of sloppy play (and so far UK, for example, has been one of those).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema