• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Week 4: #11 Florida Gators 38, Tennessee Volunteers 14, 9/25/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)

The #11 Florida Gators host their SEC East rival Tennessee Volunteers for the 21st time in the 51st all-time meeting. The Mighty Gators boast a 30-20 record in the series and have won 15 of the last 16 meetings including an active four-game winning streak.

Florida’s rushing offense is ranked #2 in the nation with 335.7 rush YPG and will be tested against the country’s #5 rushing defense, which is only 54.3 rush yards allowed per game). Overall the Gators have the #8 offense with 552.7 YPG. Tennessee has the #17 defense, having only showed 265.0 yards per game. Granted, Florida’s statistics have been padded against FAU and USF. Likewise, Tennessee’s statistics have been padded against Bowling Green and Tennessee State. The lone Gator loss was against #1 Alabama in a fiercely contested 29-31. The Vols lost 34-41 to Pitt in a game where they led the Panthers 10-0 in the first quarter only to squander the lead.

The Gators are favored by 19 and the over/under is at 64. The Gators have been leaning towards the under and have fallen short of the point spread, so I will predict a 32-14 victory for the Gators.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator

The #11 Florida Gators host their SEC East rival Tennessee Volunteers for the 21st time in the 51st all-time meeting. The Mighty Gators boast a 30-20 record in the series and have won 15 of the last 16 meetings including an active four-game winning streak.

Florida’s rushing offense is ranked #2 in the nation with 335.7 rush YPG and will be tested against the country’s #5 rushing defense, which is only 54.3 rush yards allowed per game). Overall the Gators have the #8 offense with 552.7 YPG. Tennessee has the #17 defense, having only showed 265.0 yards per game. Granted, Florida’s statistics have been padded against FAU and USF. Likewise, Tennessee’s statistics have been padded against Bowling Green and Tennessee State. The lone Gator loss was against #1 Alabama in a fiercely contested 29-31. The Vols lost 34-41 to Pitt in a game where they led the Panthers 10-0 in the first quarter only to squander the lead.

The Gators are favored by 19 and the over/under is at 64. The Gators have been leaning towards the under and have fallen short of the point spread, so I will predict a 32-14 victory for the Gators.
I’d like to think we’ll beat YOUR predicted spread, E—, but overall I will of course TAKE the win. I’m already on record with a bigger margin for our side there in The Swamp. I think we win this time with more talent, depth, and clear-eyed purpose team-wide; if I’m wrong, especially about that last part, then I am wrong about a host of positive signs of growth and maturation that I believe now has us on the cusp of reentering that “CFB Elite” we have longed to rejoin, and only truly began to believe was achievable with Mullen’s arrival—his strong hand, steady and unique TEAM-building.
We’re nearly there—but it still depends NOT just on finally, repeatedly breaking through in the BIG GAMES, but in “holding serve” in all the rest.
Like this one; so yes, “a win is a win”, but HOW we win these kind of games rightly sharpens the picture, reflects on who we are, where we’re going, and how fast we’re GETTING there.
We’ll take the win regardless, assuming it comes, but its quality, how we recover and come back after LAST week’s close loss, is a crucial mark of who we really are and are coming to BE.
Even against an improving Volunteer squad, these Gators, at home in the Swamp, are “GOOD ENOUGH”, “better enough” I think to win going away. Now they need to go out and show us, show THEMSELVES the very same.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Less than half an hour until the scheduled kickoff time go this one in Gainesville...
I’ve got it tuned in on ESPN (was hoping to see the latest CFB highlights here now—but instead the Clemson/NC St game is still ongoing...):
The Wolfpack Judy missed a field goal that would have put them ahead with 6minutes left in a close defensive struggle.
It remains a 14-14 tie for Clemson, who just went 3-and-out...ANOTHER chance for the Wolf Pack to pull out the big upset at home. But they just DON’T have the offense. Unless they somehow pull this out here and now they will lose to the favored team, I think. But they are driving now: regardless, Clemson SHOULD drop, for whatever THAT’S worth...Wrap it UP, boys!
WE have a game to play here!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Doing! Clemson is handed a chance...Nuts. They will win now. See y’all in a few minutes (7:10pm kickoff) once this one is over.

Escambia94

I like watching the following potential upsets:

#16 Arkansas is currently leading #7 aTm 20-10 near the end of the game.

#9 Clemson is tied 14-14 at the end of the 4th with NC State

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Clemson just isn’t that great this season, no matter WHAT happens in that one now. I’ve switched over to the Louisville at FSU game, hoping to see the NOLES lose. Shoot—a Cardinal PI keeps the NOLES drive alive on 4th down. Would have been over, damnit. Going by what I’m seeing here last few moments on SEVERAL channels, this is a WEIRD day with late twists; I just wanna see us come out and PUT THIS ONE AWAY EARLY. No drama this week.
Louisville takes C over on downs. At least THIS one turning out “ok”—not that I care THAT much.
That Clemson game is disappointing—but I guess I’ll end up switching back in a sec—but unless NC St can get control, I may just go elsewhere until OUR game is ready to go.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I like watching the following potential upsets:

#16 Arkansas is currently leading #7 aTm 20-10 near the end of the game.

#9 Clemson is tied 14-14 at the end of the 4th with NC State
Yeah, me too...So now that Clemson scored after getting HANDED a SECOND? THIRD? Chance, I’m sorta bummed ‘cause I KNOW the media boneheads will somehow make this a reason to NOT drop them as they SHOUKD...FSU is getting THEIR “gift extra chances” too ( or they lost with an INT). NC St has pulled ahead in the 2nd overtime—but has missed the compulsory 2pointer.

Escambia94

Sweet. NC State defeats Clemson. Arkansas defeats aTm. Louisville defeats FSU.

EJ5 needs to step into his throws.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Here comes Clemson’s 4th down:
Game OVER. Clemson defeated. This, plus the A&M upset, opens the door for us THIS season, possibly—but I won’t go there. Not yet.
This is “one game at a time” territory if there ever WAS one.
So let’s get over to the Swamp and begin our potential DESTINY.
We are ahead 7-0, here:
Stopped them on TGEIR first possession, then marched down the field on ours.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Missed tackles—and we’re tied.
Thus is the “worst case scenario” right up top. Had ‘em STOPPED, then the same old poor Gator tackling AGAIN reared its head.
I am SO SICK of this. Grantham and Co.’s continued failure to stress (and TEACH) proper technique is still standing between us and reliable, consistent victory.

Escambia94

The Florida defense was going to be susceptible to the big pass play. UT does not have a scary running game.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I MEAN this: I feel we have ALREADY seen enough (this season) to replace Grantham after this year. Now it is up to the offense to just DOMINATE the rest of the way—make it so that our defense CAN’T screw it up!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I DO love our running game—so good we can sit a coupla FIVE stars, bring them along slowly.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Terrible play there—never had a chance. Drive stopper—on first down!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
But we run so well, not nec the case: 4-down territory?
Not necessary.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We WILL wear these guys down. Eventually they will have to start selling out against the run—and Jones will burn them.
For now, just keep driving.
If our D can just not be a liability (and we can not STOP OURSELVES, damnit!), this is still our game to win going away.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Now moving backwards.
NOT liking what I’m seeing now. This is where a decent defense could help settle it all down—but we don’t have that now.
Oh well—we get the 3 points.
But that just gives the Vols a crack of hope. Like I say:
What I wouldn’t GIVE for just a competently consistent defense right about now. With our running game, we’d match up with ANYONE, even in OUR conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema