• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Week 4/ 1: #5 Florida Gators 51, Ole Miss Rebels 35 9/26

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nice! First and goal anyway.
Can we run it in? Or fake it and throw to Pitts?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
700E70FC-9E99-42DC-987D-F9EA4E70DC0D.jpeg

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
That was very nicely done, over all.
Things are now starting to build for an answer on the other sideline, you KNOW they are feeling that. Our defense is about to get a real chance to show what THEY can do: And if that two-QB look is the best they got, well, gotta believe Grantham is “licking his chops” now...

Escambia94

The Gators and Rebels are dead even in statistics. Balanced attack by the Gators. Creative attack by the Land Sharks.

Escambia94

Sigh. The Ole Miss offense is very sneaky, especially without Shawn Davis filling a critical void.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Letting them have that 3rd and 19 killed us. Gonna be a long game—and our D will HAVE to do better, even WITH our offense moving the ball.
That loss on “targeting” is gonna hurt us all game. Hope Grantham has an answer—‘cause Kiffens’ plan was already working WITHOUT that disaster.
We are in a down and dirty FIGHT now!

Escambia94

Sometimes being lucky is better than being good. Brenton Cox to Gervon Dexter in that interception!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sigh. The Ole Miss offense is very sneaky, especially without Shawn Davis filling a critical void.
Yes. Here’s where Grantham earns his pay AND status.
Especially with Jones throwing an ill-advised rainbow off his back foot for an INT.
And now the double throw. We may about to be buried here. Either we snap out of this, adapt to this crazy-cool offense, and QUICK, or we are done for here.
INT! Nice coupla plays to get it back. But Mullens has Jones back in there...and he RUNS it for a big first down.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Tony breaks free!! Zone a TD pass to Grimes. WHEW! So WE respond!
But how to stop this Rebels offense without our proper secondary?
Grantham is gonna have to be as inventive now as Kiffens, I’m afraid:
I don’t wanna see us have to win a straight on scoring duel here.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
What is with our defense? OK, the two QB look threw us off—Maybe it shouldn’t have, but now it seems like EVERYTHING THEY DO, run AND pass, are fooling us.
It truly looks as a Grantham himself wasn’t ready, didn’t have his TEAM ready—not armed with a proper game plan...
Idea now is to somehow get to the half with a lead—then ADAPT: That’s always been a strength for this Coaching staff. It would really stink, be truly disappointing, if it turns out yet can’t do it here...winning or losing will depend upon whether they can manage it.
...and they let them have ANOTHER escape for a 1st down. I’m telling you: we are barely holding on for our very life here on defense.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Need them to pile up some unforced errors here. We need another turnover.
But we let them escape again.
No answers. Damn. Our playmakers will either make the difference, or won’t.
Tie game.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
If this was a mid-season game, I’d be turning it off now, maybe tuning back in later. But I at least Wanna see how we respond now. Might just make dole lunch, just let it unfold for now. An getting that heavy, sad feeling. That targeting call may well have SUNK us right off the bat, as I feared!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I am just thoroughly disappointed with our Defense and its lack of preparation.
This is the most lost I’ve seen a Grantham D. Now the offense is stalling—and only by out scoring them do we show ANYTHING so far.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema