• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Week 2: #13 Florida Gators 42, USF Bulls 20, 9/11/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Only a poor thriw saved us from getting scored on there.
It here comes the easy 3.
Shameful, really. Only their inadequacy keeps them from truly challenging us.
I am confident Mullens’ offense will grow stronger over the course of the season—but Grantham’s defense?
I am pessi, to say the least.
Richardson with the big Bonn on his first play and throw!!!
Touchdown!!!
Beautiful throw, great catch.
More we see, better he looks.
At this rate, I find it hard to envision AR15 NOT assuming at LEAST “co-starter” status by the end of this season.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
And here’s that damn near SICKENINGLY WEAK Grantham “bend-and-try-to-break” defense again.
I just don’t see what we can do with this DC’s scheme on defense from here. The Tide is gonna EAT OUR LUNCH next week.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The defense is playing off the ball and off the man. They need to tighten up.
That’s been the main glaring flaw in the defense’s general approach since they first took the field this season.
Everyone (but Grantham, apparently) sees it.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emory seems to have settled down a ways...Then they pull an illegdd as l procedure...
But then throws a BEAUTY to Henderson 35 yards for a Touchdown!
Now THAT’S why he’s starting!
God, if we had a truly decent DC, who KNOWS where we might be headed this season?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I think EJ5 should ONLY throw deep passes.
Lol. You’re right: It is with the routine, guy’open for 7 yards-over-the-middle where he has difficulty so far.
Needs to be worked on, clearly.
But how do you do something similar with that DEfense??!
Only big play stops by talented individuals are the saving grace so far—and while that’ll save us versus the likes of USF, the true elite of the SEC we all KNOW will consistently trample the likes of this Gator defensive mess. I just don’t see us fixing this so quick; I’m starting to think a whole PHILOSOPHY change is required. We have a great deal of the PARTS, it seems—It’s just how it is all being used (FAILING to be “used” properly) that is damning us to ultimate defensive mediocrity.
And you can’t change Defensive Coordinators in the early going and expect to get things properly turned around and successful the rest of the way?
Doubtful, at best. We’re stuck with him THIS season.
Another beautiful fake-and-throw LONG by AR15!
Touchdown!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
NOW D beginning finally to assert itself...but a truly good team would have caught us in a bit of a trap early had they been able to really take advantage of the advantages they were able to grab in their first coupla drives.
Now we are beginning to dominate them.
Since that first 3-and-out our Offense had just put pedal to metal. Emory for one is more and more playing instinctively—out of his mind rather than in his head! THIS Gator team might come to be one that can match scoring with ANYONE.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK. So any “panic” with respect to our offense (especially at QB) was “premature” to say the LEAST!
But it is difficult to overstate our difficulties, oncoming DANGERS, on defense.
I PRAY for similar, if relatively more delayed improvement on THAT side of the ball. We have GOT to get considerably better over there, obviously.
Can that happen? All I can say at THIS point is “It damn well BETTER!”.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
At this rate, we may see the THIRD stringers on offense by the 2nd half.
The defensive first team has work to do, however.
That late-hit by the USF defender was an ugly cheap shot. If thus were baseball a little “chin music” would be in order...Here in College football you just have to suck it up, make them pay on the scoreboard.
Oooh. Nice pass by Emory, side armed to thdd Ed sideline; Shorter should have been able to hang onto it. And I question the ensuing punt—both its placement AND decision to kick it from there in the first place.
I know we’re treating this as more of a scrimmage now the rest of the way, but still:
Not Mullens’ normal style.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, we started slow but have come on strongly ever since.
Another low-life cheap shot by the USF player covering the punt...One more reason Mullens should have his offense GO FOR IT here. Stick it TO ‘em!

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
After a slow start the Gators look like an SEC team facing a middle-tier AAC team.

Attachments

• 3538C906-F398-46AE-BD01-4E0EE56DC018.jpeg
    3538C906-F398-46AE-BD01-4E0EE56DC018.jpeg
    209 KB · Views: 100

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I guess the Gators just start slow at all noon kickoffs.
Come to think of it, I’ve noticed that before. On to something there.
We could pretty well call out final score on offense here; but it is over on defense where we still g he ave e were oral to go, and should WELCOME the opportunity for our D to get a full half of work. Against a team trying to save some face in front of its best home crowd in a while.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Just wondering, whose the Gators 3rd string QB? I think Richardson will see a few drives in the third quarter maybe (again maybe) Jones could get another. Ultimately, it's going to be whoever is the third-string QB by the fourth quarter if not sooner.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
All in all, by 2nd quarter we were FUNCTIONING: Looking the way we’d like to see this team looking ALL THE TIME.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, its
Just wondering, whose the Gators 3rd string QB? I think Richardson will see a few drives in the third quarter maybe (again maybe) Jones could get another. Ultimately, it's going to be whoever is the third-string QB by the fourth quarter if not sooner.
Well, that’s be either Kittna or the other freshman—another “distant 3-star” whose dad ALSO played in the NFL, I believe. I guess we get these “less-heralded-but-with-LOADS-of-“upside” kids as much because their dads wanna see them shepharded, developed and brought along “by the best”—“QB-whisperer” Dan Mullens. And this is exactly the kind of early opportunity they might have hoped for coming in.
Meanwhile, 2nd half back on and Gator D back to its early “no show” again, it seems.
What IS it about Grantham’s charges’ consistent let downs at the start of games and halves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema