• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Week 1: #13 Florida Gators 35, FAU Owls 14, 9/4/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
@DRU2012 I redid the scoring and came up with an overall grade of B+. I hate that Mullen did this, but he did treat game 1 like an extension of preseason, so the assessment is not complete. He ran as many players as possible onto the field. If he does this again against USF, we might not get a good assessment either. Regardless, we can see with our own eyes that the passing game is not ready for SEC play. Maybe based on what we have seen we can be confident that the Gators could win an old-fashioned slugfest in the trenches with the rushing offense and rushing defense, but passing offense and defense do not look good regardless of what we saw last week.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I believe the Gators will still dominate USF who lost 45-0 to NC State and like the Gators the Bulls also having a QB battle. Their best one (based on their first game) is their lefty freshman McClain. Their D had trouble against the run with two of the NC State running backs getting more than 100 yards.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
@DRU2012 I redid the scoring and came up with an overall grade of B+. I hate that Mullen did this, but he did treat game 1 like an extension of preseason, so the assessment is not complete. He ran as many players as possible onto the field. If he does this again against USF, we might not get a good assessment either. Regardless, we can see with our own eyes that the passing game is not ready for SEC play. Maybe based on what we have seen we can be confident that the Gators could win an old-fashioned slugfest in the trenches with the rushing offense and rushing defense, but passing offense and defense do not look good regardless of what we saw last week.
Hate to say (and SEE) it, but as the week goes on (and two repeat viewings have ensued), I can’t help but agree.
“Work with what you got” may be an ideal aim for a Head Coach (and a hallmark of OUR Coach’s approach), but at some point you have to ask, why IS it that this is “what we got” from season to season. I mean, anyone could see this COMING!
By all signs, we WON’T really have any idea of “what we got” ‘til later in the day Saturday after next.
And maybe not even then.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Hate to say (and SEE) it, but as the week goes on (and two repeat viewings have ensued), I can’t help but agree.
“Work with what you got” may be an ideal aim for a Head Coach (and a hallmark of OUR Coach’s approach), but at some point you have to ask, why IS it that this is “what we got” from season to season. I mean, anyone could see this COMING!
By all signs, we WON’T really have any idea of “what we got” ‘til later in the day Saturday after next.
And maybe not even then.
The scary part is that we may have already seen what we have: a running QB with years under the same system yet struggling to execute and a dual threat QB with natural explosive capabilities hindered by lack of starting experience in this system.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The scary part is that we may have already seen what we have: a running QB with years under the same system yet struggling to execute and a dual threat QB with natural explosive capabilities hindered by lack of starting experience in this system.
Well, at this point we’re all HOPING that we’ll see more from Emory—that the talent, knowledge and experience is THERE, and has the potential to blossom forth quickly these first few weeks. The “scary” part of it comes mostly from rumor and in the end, just lack of EVIDENCE...There were stories of exactly these same shortcomings (uneven consistency, short-arming throws to open receivers) trickling out of summer camp.
On the other hand, we can pretty well COUNT on Richardson continuing to grow; sure, we continue to HOPE he is used and needed just as an “added weapon” for now, a further flexibility in our overall offensive attack while he DOES grow into the eventual role of “Future QB-1”, it at least the one piece of good news in all of this are the clear signs that we DO appear to have that guy on the way: Given time and done right (and considering whom we do have at Head Coach in charge of that scenario), A.R. could well be the one we’ve been waiting to see out there since the last time someone wore that number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema