• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

We have a basketball team, you know...

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
Not sure if anybody besides myself and MahxFahn remember, but we have a basketball team, and they are pretty good.

Just beat FSU 55-51 after football dropped to them. It was a great showing of defense by both teams. We had a 13 point lead and let them bring it down to a 1 point lead, but still held on for the W.

Macklin didn't play much, he had an injured knee. And Tyus didn't seem 100%. They each only played 13 and 14 minutes, respectively. But we had good play from Murphy (17 minutes) and Young (25 minutes) to make up for it. Will Yeguete played 22 minutes. He shows some promise but I feel like he hasn't yet really found himself an identity with this team.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
There is plenty of excitement with this years team. Can't believe we lost to UCF though. I really only wanted to see three losses going into SEC play and we already have 2. Still have big games against Kansas State, Xavier, and either Miami or UCF.

It would be great to see us play UCF again in the championship of the Orange Bowl Classic. That would help make up for the loss.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
I assumed the Orange Bowl Classic was a tournament, I guess not, so even thought we pulled out a great win against top ten Kansas State, we don't get a rematch with UCF.

And of course after the huge win we go and lose to Jacksonville in OT. I don't get this season. We need to dominate once we get to SEC play.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
went down to the uf xu game yest. Nice little win for UF at a hostile place to play.

That was a huuuuge win. We got in the tourney last year even though we dropped to Xavier. But this year we got them in Cincy, snapping their 30 game home winning streak (2nd longest in the nation).

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
Good win at Tennessee the other day. We played to our strengths, which is out balance, and had 5 players score in double digits.

Also, the D looked sooooo much better than when we played Ohio State. We didn't try to press the whole game, but instead ran a 2-3 to man defense that worked pretty well.

We still give up too many runs though, the other team starts scoring and we get sloppy and play immature on offense.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
No getting around it:
(1) UF is a Football school, first and foremost, hands down, no doubt about it/don't you forget it.
(2) While it is a nice diversion between the end of the football-season and the start of Spring Practice when they're doing fairly well, aside from that fluky "College Dream Team" and the great back-to-back Championship seasons they put together a few years back, in turn "Book-Ended" by the Gator football team's 2 Nat'l Championships that themselves sandwiched Tebow's emergence and Heisman-winning season (we were riding HIGH, across-the-BOARD, for a few years there!), our b-ball team generally comes up teasingly short: In a situation where only sustained success at the highest level will get them out of Football's shadow, Billy D and Co. just don't quite manage it...if anything, the impression is that they either underachieve or, as appears to be happening again this time, fade when the chips are down (yes, I know the "ill-timed injury" to our big-guy has played its part, but the fact remains...)
(3) This is a FOOTBALL school.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema