• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

We found the Honeybadger

His name is Matt Elam.

Gators you gotta admit, that was one of the best Florida Plays of all time, that strip he had after getting beat deep.

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
His name is Matt Elam.

Gators you gotta admit, that was one of the best Florida Plays of all time, that strip he had after getting beat deep.

He needed that since he bit on the play action, that was his redemption for blowing coverage. Not saying LSU would have done much even with the field position, but it sure as hell stomped any motivation they had left in the ground.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Both Elam and I think Roberson blew coverage. On top of that, Elam was responsible for a couple bad penalties. Honestly, I am okay with a couple personal fouls if that is what it takes to make opposing receivers afraid to go against Elam. Odell Beckham is a cocky kid that learned to fear the Swamp. Beckham did not play in last year's 41-11 stomp of the Gators, but this year he got the message thanks to Mr. Elam. If it takes a foul to get that fear embedded, so be it. For some reason, when Easley gets a penalty, it is usually at the wrong time. Elam can get away with some penalties, at least in my book.

Escambia94

BTW, we need a better nickname for Elam than a ripped-off name from another team. Based on his Twitter exchange with Odell Beckham, might I suggest "the Sandman"?
sleepytime.gif

FrozenGator

Gator Fan
Honestly: I want to see defensive players killing each other in an attempt to punish the other team. I want there to be nothing but abject terror on the part of opposition offenses at the prospect of going up for a high catch, or running up the middle. And if that means our own defenders get knocked around by teammates, hey - it only toughens them up. :p

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
Thats what happened against LSU, 3rd play of their drive Elam demolished Spencer Ware, then later the fullback.got dropped, eventually you saw all LSU RBs running for the side line once they touched the rock.

We need another game like that from Elam

Escambia94

I think that Lattimore was scared by an LSU defensive back. Whomever is running for SC on Saturday needs to fear Elam or any other Gator coming to lay the smackdown.

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
I think that Lattimore was scared by an LSU defensive back. Whomever is running for SC on Saturday needs to fear Elam or any other Gator coming to lay the smackdown.

especially if they are on the field and NOT 100%

about to post another thread about recent news

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I don't know what happened here, why this post pooped up this high on the Thread-list with its last dated activity almost 2 months ago--and why I never saw (and hence never commented on) this thread at ALL) until EARLY THIS MORNING!!!
Anyway, although I am WITH LF on the idea of a nickname for Elam, his unusual fiery kind of leadership, and that established hyper-crazy-non-stop-MOTOR being his trademark, AND a factor in an angry kind of on-field "leadership" that invited SOME special label be bestowed, even here at the end...However: I have some qualms (even at this late date, when it is mostly moot) with the ones suggested here:
"H0neybadger" IS "already taken"--we can come up with our OWN, thankyou very much.
"Sandman", while OK, doesn't really capture HOW Matt plays, which is so much of what makes him unique.
No, we have to so better...At first I was thinking something like "Wildman", but that is too generic. Then I HAD it:
How about "Hurricane", as in the way thy NAME these storms?--You know, how they start out "Tropical Storm (whatever)", and they keep that name until they progress up and die off--so that here we have, Matt "Hurricane" Elam. THAT would have been COOL, with maybe the national announcers picking it up (they ARE both lazy AND copy cats in the way they do this) in calling a game, with "...And "Hurricane" Elam takes him down!", or "Matt "Hurricane" Elam knocks him OUT--forcing the fumble!" Whatta ya think? I welcome a better one...but that's what I came up with (however late-in-the-"game").

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema