• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

We are not very good.

mjfan23

VIP Member
- We have no QB.. Driskel simply cant play at this level.

- Its time to question Muschamp. Hes had his time. He has not produced.

- Defense is solid.

There is simply no excuse for Florida to be unable to recruit a QB that can play at a high level.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
@mjfan23,
Read my last couple/few posts on the Gameday thread (whatever we are calling it this week)...I have my OWN thoughts on where we're at and where I think we NEED to be going.
Don't wanna to repeat it all here (I'm exhausted and bummed...), but tho' I'm not at "Fire Muschamp" yet, and don't think Foley would even consider it at this point, I AM pretty sure he AND Foley know he's gotta produce a serious Chanpionship-run NEXT year now, and that can't happen if they don't begin finding and grooming the QB to lead them there NOW--and a better offense overall than there's any HINT of being built by THIS regime so far...
In other words, I AM saying Driskel's gotta go NOW, the two FRESHMEN have to come in and compete for REAL now, one getting the nod to make mistakes and LEARN in the pressure-cooker SEC-environment, and probably be quietly searching Pease's replacement--HE hasn't shown a THING--ANOTHER guy-with-a-rep that couldn't back it up. There can be no "3rd miss" at OC, or Chomp WILL soon thereafter be gone, right or wrong.
Anyway, check out my comments over there, and tell me what you think, mjf.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
WOW!!! To say fire WM is ridiculous . He is still trying to establish dept. you can't do that with only two full recruiting classes. UM screwed us with dept and quality players. We are a young team. Our offense definitely showed us we can pass the ball. JD made in my opinion one bad throw. The throw to TB was not entirely his fault. As soon as TB made his cut he hold of been looking for the ball. You can't assume your QB will have time to allow you to run 10 yards before you turn your head to look for a pass. The pass was high but TB should of been able to catch it for a first down. BP called a good game. We moved the ball on UM. If not for bone headed fumbles and a bad 4 and 1 call things perhaps would of worked out for us. In no way do I believe the coaches cost this one. This is totally on the players lact of concentration. They should not assume we can come into Miami and win solely on talent. We pretty much beat UM in every statistical category,unfortunately that includes turn overs. JD made some mistakes but so did TB, MJ, our defense who got burnt on a big throw, and offensive lineman Moore who was called on two holds and false starts. Our defense finally showed up after the first quarter. We need our receivers to step up. Remember it's just one game and as painful as an instate rival loss is we still got an SEC to compete for. Also I know a loss is a loss but we were not dominated in any way. We cost ourselves this game and no one can dispute that. We are a young team with loads of talent. We just need to cut back on the boneheaded mistakes and stop thinking talent alone will win games. Execution is what wins games.

To say Fire Coach Boom is to say Fire Mark Richt, who is gonna replace either?

The OC and the playing call are not too hot, the oline is questionable (They do have some injuries) and the QB, enough has been said about him.

Hopefully these two weeks can help him get better, my problem with our O is that the OC and HC lack confidence in Driskel. Coach Boom wants to establish a Power Running Game but dude you do not have Gurley, Yeldon or any one of those types in the backfield, you have to take what the D gives you, if they give you that then allow your signal caller to do it, after you give him permission to do so HE HAS TO EXECUTE.

In addition to this, our guys have to protect the ball better and play with better confidence, we need some TE's to step up and we need some one other than Trey Burton as our go to guy. We need multiple gotos.

Ga8or22

Eventis sultorum magister.
Will Muschamp walked into his post-game press conference and in his very first breath, said something that stunned me and the media; he pointed the finger at his defense.“I think we gave them way too much momentum early in the game. Defensively, the first drive got out of sorts with our...

http://www.gatorcountry.com/florida-...-defense-loss/

Maybe he should look in a mirror. This is the third time we have not been prepared to play.

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
Will Muschamp walked into his post-game press conference and in his very first breath, said something that stunned me and the media; he pointed the finger at his defense.“I think we gave them way too much momentum early in the game. Defensively, the first drive got out of sorts with our...

http://www.gatorcountry.com/florida-...-defense-loss/

Maybe he should look in a mirror. This is the third time we have not been prepared to play.
I just made a thread about this and while he has a point, in no way is our defense to blame. fact is, our offense walked down the field like we all wanted them too and we couldn't put points on the board.

5 turnovers against any team and you deserve to lose. our playcalling did not help either. I have never seen such a run-heavy offense in the 4th quarter by a losing team.

our 1st/2nd down runs were unsuccessful, but we kept calling them

our 1st/2nd down passes were successful, but we didn't call them

I think our practice should involve 1 on 1, Jeff vs Easley. Maybe it will teach Jeff to make quick/smart decisions. I don't understand how we cannot find a QB. It's saddening watching all the other games and every QB in the nation playing good football, yet we can't. Hope we prepare for Tenn because they look good this year

Leakfan12

VIP Member
This sounds a lot like 2010 and 2011. Let me have a few beers before I respond.

A little too soon to tell. Minus the turnovers, Driskel had a good game throwing for nearly 300 yards. If He could cut down on the turnovers, I think the Gators are in business and the running improving helps along with balance on offense. Well hopefully they'll rebound against those Vols.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
I'm not sure why our expectations are so high. Should we have one the UM game? Yes, but lets face it the pieces to the puzzler are still not in place. Add the injuries to the offensive line and it makes it worse. We are getting there but we need more dept at QB and WR. I believe JD is. Good QB and he has the abilities to be great. All he needs is the confidence. His fumbles at least two of the last three were back side hits. Not entirely his fault but since our coaching staff mainly WM I suspect is so darn set on a run orientated offense JD has yet to gain the confidence in the pocket. He showed he can make good accurate throws, but he gets getty once the pocket squeezes tighter. He will learn to settle down the more times he put in that kind of situation. Don't be so hard on thi team. We are a good team but no way are we a top 5 team at this point. We have a top 3 defense but the offense is still finding its identity.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema