• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

UF - UT 2011 score prediction

Swamp Person

Swamp Gator
34 - 21 Gators sending them home on a rocky road. I think it's going to be a bigger spread but I'm just going to be nice. Go Gators!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
hmm! Interesting...I've settled at 35-17 Gators myself the last couple of days.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I know what you mean...I'm not going back on my fairly upbeat prediction, but I'm one of those Gators that ALWAYS gets nervous at the outset of SEC-play, no matter that season's previous scores or wider context. I am going to be more and more concerned with assorted weaknesses, real and imagined, as kick-off approaches, that's always how it goes, especially the last couple of years where we've won the "preliminaries" in so unimpressive fashion. Despite clear reason for hope that this team is sound and headed in the right direction, my annual sense of foreboding is even worse this time because we really still know so little. Or rather, we can't be sure of what we THINK we know, and that makes my usual "last-minute Vol-jitters" all the more persistent.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I put my statistical analysis on the pre game thread. My score prediction again: 27-17.

Historical note: Since I am a statistics guy, I follow Jeff Sagarin. This time last year, he had Florida #10 ranked #17 in his own system and unranked Tennessee at #31. Oddly enough, we won, 31-17. This year he has the #16 Gators ranked at #7 in his own system, and Tennessee at #21. Using his method Florida could win this 36-10 because we are at home, under rated by other polls, and not getting redirect for the teams we have played so far. My own statistics want to call this one 32-10, but I think the UT offense will test our young secondary and JB4 will struggle to keep up in a shootout.

ShortBus

VIP Member
i'm not too sure what the score will be. I hope our secondary grows up fast... we need some picks.. interceptions are HUGE momentum changers. might need that today.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I Thought I was going to get my wish until the refs started playing for T.
Man, so did I the way we started out...and when we CONTINUED to move the ball easily, I kept thinking how even MY score was getting chipped away at by all those TDs-turned-into-FGs. As it turned out, your score was pretty DOABLE--fewer mistakes and better finishing on BOTH sides of the ball and we're there--the good news being we are definitely within shouting distance of being that good, the bad news being that not only are we not THERE yet, but we continue to have the same kinds of errors and mistakes that keep us from breaking thru' to that next level--no matter HOW close, HOW "doable".
It's up to us now: to a great extent we're "beating ourselves" out there, and then doing enough GOOD things to overcome it, get the win. That won't do against the Tide or the Tigers. We will HAVE to clean it up, do even MORE of "the good things" AND quit beating ourselves with carelessness, foolish penalties and missed opportunities. We DON'T have to be anything LIKE perfect: it's not necessary in order for the whole team to be a lot more efficient AND in better position to win the ones we should win, AND challenge (even realistically have shot at BEATING) those few others.

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
We ^^do have to clean it up but the game against tide and lsu is going to depend on the refs. It was clear that the refs wanted UT to win with those bs calls

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
34 - 21 Gators sending them home on a rocky road. I think it's going to be a bigger spread but I'm just going to be nice. Go Gators!

I do believe you won the guessing game! Wherever you pulled those numbers, we may need your guess next week.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
But IA, I get the impression you are pretty hardened in your certainty that JB IV can't throw it very far (and tho' I'm giving our OC the benefit of the doubt here for now, I am ready to recognize the signs that you are right, AS they develop IF they indeed do, and rejoin the "Damn Brantley"-squad if that happens) and "R & D" will be pretty well the offense from now on, so I guess that kind of "Bold #" won't be coming again, even against KY--or will we be ABLE to run it up mostly using the 2 speedsters again, even if it turns out to be "just one more time" before we face that gauntlet of tough "D"s in October?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema