• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Top conferences in '08

3. Big Ten

The perception will be that the league is down after Ohio State's second straight national title loss and with Michigan in a state of flux, but the reality is that things weren't really that bad last year and there are several good teams returning. Wisconsin will be at least as good, if not better defensively; Penn State will be strong if it can find a quarterback; Illinois isn't going anywhere; and Michigan State will be better. The bottom teams like Minnesota, Northwestern and Iowa should all be far better.
The best team should be: Ohio State

2. Big 12

Remembering that Iowa State started to come on at the end of the year, outside of Baylor, where's the weak link? Eleven teams will be going into the season with an honest goal of going to a bowl game, Missouri, Kansas and Oklahoma will be at least as good as last year when they were all in the national title hunt, Texas will be Texas, Oklahoma State will be dangerous, and Nebraska, Colorado and Kansas State should be better. And then there's Texas Tech, who'll assault the record books with a jaw-dropping offensive season, even by its own standards, while it'll play a little D, too.
The best team should be: Oklahoma
1. SEC

But it's closer than you might think. Georgia, Florida and LSU could be the three best teams in America, but there's a ton of upheaval across the rest of the conference. Tennessee, Ole Miss, Auburn and Arkansas are all undergoing major changes. Mississippi State will still be looking for some offense, and Kentucky should take a step back. In other words, it's still the best conference going, but it could become a tad top-heavy.
The best team should be: Florida

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7857994/20-Questions:-Top-conferences-in-'08

Sounds good to me!

TebowISgod

Gator Fan
I don't ever foresee a time when the SEC isn't number 1... but then again I'm a homer.

I'm surprised though the Pac-10 isn't at least top 3. They won't be down next year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema