• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Too Little Too Late?

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
The Florida Gators won their first basketball game in what seems like forever (really they're 3-5 in their last 8 games). The Gators beat the Kentucky Wildcats 60-53 in the final regular season game of the 2008-2009 season. But was the win too little too late? Are the Gators still alive in their question for an NCAA Tournament bid? Only time will tell.

On senior night, the Gators only senior Walter Hodge came up big. Hodge hit seven of 12 shots, including three of five from outside the arc, to lead all scorers with 18. "It feels great," Hodge said before leaving the O'Connell Center for the last time as a player. "I was determined to win today. This was my last game here. I told the guys we can do this and take momentum to Tampa. The guys did a great job finding me early and I was in a rhythm."

It was the Gators three-point shooting that kept them ahead of Kentucky all game.

"Obviously, for both teams it was a physical grind and a battle," Gators coach Billy Donovan said. "I made a comment to an official: 'We were in the wrong stadium. We needed to move across the street.' It was very physical. Both teams had a tough time scoring. It was certainly not a work of beauty on the offensive end, but I thought the difference in the game was the three-point line."

The Gators now head to Tampa on Thursday for the SEC Tournament. A win would give them an automatic birth to the NCAA Tourney.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema