• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

This is sad!

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
http://espn.go.com/ncf/playbyplay?gameId=332502390

Miami was horrible on offense except for the 2 big plays we gave up for TD. Everything else is embarrassing. I wonder if this is our "Georgia" game this year, the ones that we dominate on the field but not on the scoreboard.

This one will hurt for awhile, especially with a BYE week coming up. I just hope we figure it out soon. Tennessee looks good this year and should be respected.

Ga8or22

Eventis sultorum magister.
I was extremely upset when I saw Champ blame the defense for the loss. You never hear Nicky Satan blame one part of his teams for a loss. No wonder we loose recruits to Bama and LSU. They don't blame one part of a TEAM for a loss they may blame the entire team and then take coaching responsibility for them not being prepared. BUT CHAMP - NO it is the defense's fault - CRAP I wouldn't want to play for the man.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
With the expection of one play that 52 yard TD pass which it the nearest defender was in Marlins stadium, the D played well. Coach shouldn't blame the D, A good chuck of that loss belong to him.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
First, let us focus on the good news:
  • Miami is not in the SEC, so we still have a shot at the SEC East if this loss serves as a wake-up call. Sometimes losses do better than victories (see 2008 Ole Miss).
  • We have a bye week to tweak the offense. More than likely the offense itself will not change, just as it never changed under previous coaches when the Gators looked like crap.
  • Statistically we won the game, which means that a swift kick in the @$$ should fix the Gators against future opponents of a similar caliber. Maybe Miami is a better team that everyone expected, or maybe Miami hates Florida more than we hate them. There has been lots of message traffic predicting that Miami wanted this game more than Florida, and there might have been some truth to that.
  • We have some playmakers in Louchiez Purifoy and Vernon Hargreaves III, with occasional plays from Trey Burton.
Now, the bad news:
  • Florida only showed flashes of brilliance that could allay our fears for the rest of the season. For each deep pass completed, interception made, or long run broken there was a buzz-kill penalty or stalled drive to offset it.
  • We have no back-up to Driskel. None. Get used to it. We have to stand behind him. He needs to get better, or his offensive coordinator needs to change up the offense for him in one week and keep the changes simple enough for him and the rest of the offense to implement against Tennessee.
  • Muschamp and Pease have not been known to change much midseason. Do not expect much difference in two weeks, unless a swift kick in the butt is all they really needed.
  • The playmakers are not making plays, or they are making plays and not being supported by other phases of the game.
  • WTH is wrong with the defense's conditioning in the first half? Holy crap! Sure, they shut down the opposing offense in the second half, but the opposing offense gained way too much momentum and way too much ESPN highlight material.
  • It was Miami. It tastes bad losing to them no matter what. The NCAA could vacate this win or 100 of their previous wins, and it still sucks to lose to Miami on the field.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema