• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

THE SUNDAY BLOG, WEEK 11

News Bot

News Bot
The Sunday Blog comes at you after a long night of watching football and apparently some of my friends did the mannequin challenge during the USC-Washington game. Oh wait, they passed out.

* So who do you have in the top four now? Nos. 2, 3 and 4 in the AP poll for only the second time ever and we have quite a mess. ESPN’s Heather Dinich, the expert on the College Football Playoff committee, wrote this — “If the committee is consistent with its reasoning from last week …” My impression is that you don’t see a lot of consistency. So there’s no telling what we’ll see on Tuesday. My best guess — 1. Alabama. After that, your guess is as good as mine.

* Repeat after me — every game is it’s own game. It’s my mantra but I sometimes get carried away with previous results. There’s no way to explain how Auburn and LSU can run over Arkansas’ defense like it wasn’t there and Florida can’t sniff a big play against the Hogs. And there is no way to explain Auburn recording zero second-half first downs against the Georgia defense we saw in Jacksonville. And there is no way to explain Shea Patterson’s fourth quarter against Texas A&M. Just enjoy.

* It is the best game in the world. I have some things I don’t like about college football, but the good outweighs the bad. I don’t like how officials are so incompetent, especially when it comes to picking up flags for no calls and missing holding for 13 consecutive plays. But you know what my biggest pet peeve is? That ESPN keeps cramming the Football Power Index down our throats. It’s dumb. The chances of 2, 3 and 4 losing Saturday was 0.3 percent according to the FPI. No, it was 100 percent.

* Deshaun Watson is a really good quarterback and a class act. But we still have to point out that his 13 interceptions are the second most in college football. And that his coach shouldn’t have gone for fourth-and-1 because we have tremendous hindsight. And that Watson should never have to throw 70 passes in a game.

The post THE SUNDAY BLOG, WEEK 11 appeared first on Dooleys Desk.

Source: GatorSports.com - Dooley's Desk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema