• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Tennessee hate week!

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Post your best Rocky Flop, Tennessee hate pictures!
1176169_10100116974709042_959287352_n.jpg

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
WHAT A JOKE! Pathetic--and total Tennessee move: Without a drop of "class".
Contrast this with the Gator Way, the SPURRIER Way:
Back when Spurrier first came riding in to help, a string of desperate Coaches having dug our program into a deep hole, the SEC having THROWN THE BOOK at us, everything but the then dreaded "Death Penalty"...When we were still on extreme "Probation" and subsequently swept thru the SEC schedule undefeated, but by rule denied being declared the SEC Champion (there WAS no Championship GAME, in Atlanta or anywhere else yet back then), at season's end Spurrier himself went out and had gold and diamond "SEC Champion" rings designed and made, at his own expense, for every member of that Gator squad.
THAT'S how you do what far as I can tell or guess what I THINK they were TRYING TO do or say here at Tennessee back in 2016...and it HAS to be inspired by, rest ON actual wins and losses, in the end what happened ON THE FIELD. This Tennessee thing is just kinda desperate and weird...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/MBKRowdies/status/909199363414556672?s=19
[/TWEET]

Feleipe Franks to Tyrie Cleveland!
Times like that--in fact even NOW, in response to this POST--there needs to be a reply-icon a notch ABOVE "Like" here at GE: Every Gator gives that one a "LOVE"!
(To be used sparingly, of course: And btw, such moments come rarely...We sure don't WANT to find ourselves regularly REQUIRING such heroics to beat ANY Vols team...but this series, this RIVALRY, has been replete with close struggles, strangely decided...One I remember back around the turn-of-the-milenium (back when BOTH programs were riding high, trading seasons of dominance in the SEC East, the EAST then considered by far the dominant of the two divisions) was also decided at the very end--a Gator victory on a short pass into the endzone that was in truth held by the receiver for just a fraction of a second before being slapped from his hands...Still, the receiver did hold onto the ball, his feet firmly planted on the ground in the endzone, and the official had already perceived/ruled it a TD--anyway, his arms and hands were in process of shooting into the air by the time the defender knocked the ball out of his hands and to the ground in what they call "a Bang/Bang play". Controversial, not at all "cut and dry" when you watch it at "normal speed". Last play of game: Gators win.
In those days, this game was the "SEC opener" for both teams: A game that at the time annually gave the victor the inside track to winning the East in the SEC. We were ecstatic, Vols fans outraged. Only fueled the rivalry. If you can, take a look at the play: literally a "classic judgment call", to this day I have to admit that "it could go either way", but I also still think it was the RIGHT call. Perhaps we were "lucky" to get it then, there--and another brick in the wall of reasons I have come to despise relying on "luck" to get wins! And yet, it brings exciting moments. Extraordinary sudden joy to one side, crushing disappointment to the other. Anyway, there is little point in whining about it: I have more and more come to realize that these "big moments", no matter HOW they actually come out, are themselves the culmination of a BUNCH of chance-events leading UP to them. This game is essentially an ongoing process of action, chance and REaction. The TEAM that rides that wild "flow of events" in relaxed readiness tends to be in a position to exploit a "moment of good fortune" at the very end. Drives us crazy, but as they say, "...needs must when the devil drives".

Escambia94

Check out West Virginia QB/ former Florida QB Will Grier taking advantage of Tennessee playing bad defense.

Escambia94

Problem is The Gators have Franks as the QB though he did beat UT last year.

True. What I hope is that the Gator offensive coaches can identify this weakness and use Kadarius Toney or another speedster to attack those edges, which will slow down the defensive rush and open up running lanes down the middle, which in turn opens up passing opportunities.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Never mind, he beat them again.
And there's something worth noting, for all my OWN dissatisfaction in the course of watching/WORRYING about his play in particular during the game yesterday:
While Franks WAS inconsistent and somewhat LESS than "sharp", especially reflected in the "feel", what I kept referring to as "choppy" play in our offense, overall he AND they did what they HAD to, dealt successfully with the situations at hand, finished things as necessary. Given short fields by the D early, Franks mostly took 'em in. Cashed in the opportunities.
Later, with game on line and the opposition showing late signs'o'life, he ran things sharply, threw a coupla DARTS, completed them downfield for timely TDs. The offense wasn't what or where it needs to be (and SOON--like, NEXT WEEK), but they acquitted themselves in satisfactory fashion when it counted most.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema