• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

TEBOW GETS WINS!!!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
thats all I have to say to all his haters....TEBOW GETS WINS!

End thread.
And it just drives the haters and their mouthpieces, "the expert-detractors" on radio and TV, NUTS: they just don't know WHAT to say about it--and what comes out is often actually pretty funny. They find themselves arguing that "great stats" from Cam, whom they love and fawn over, are more important than getting WINS, which of course even a lot of the media folks, who up until recently went along with the put-downs, are having to admit is what Tebow DOES, and what it's all about. The haters have begun to look and sound stupid, and you can see it on the faces of their colleagues, who are embarrassed for them.

FrozenGator

Gator Fan
I have said before and I will say again: Tim Tebow is 236lbs of pure determination to win. There is no other player out there who simply wants it more. Even if he doesn't always succeed, or doesn't have the tools to help him succeed, he'll drag the whole freaking team to the end zone if he has to.

If the Bronco org looks at the sheer will to win in spite of trying their best to hamstring him and still says, "Won't be a star," they ought to be checked for head trauma.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I have been struggling with ways to measure Timmy's abilities, because the NFL QB rating system is actually a passer rating system. The assumption is that all that the QB does is pass the ball. The ESPN QB rating system does not divulge exactly what it is measuring, other than it is an improvement on the current QB rating system. I think Timmy is showing us that high percentage passes may be good for stats, but not for wins. High yardage means nothing if the drive is killed by an interception. If Timmy keeps this up, he may force us to change the way QBs, are measured. Let us be honest here. The main stat we look for is wins. The most fun plays are battering ram runs with bodies flying or wicked long passes. Timmy excels in those.

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
I was watching sports center just now and it's pretty funny, they are saying pretty much what E- said. All of a sudden now we are hearing positive comments, and Bermin said broncos dominated the game by running. Tebow provides that option threat that allows the broncos previous non existent running game now to dominate a game(pretty impressive).And they won with tebow only completing 2 passes. He said to think about this "what if as he grows, he complete 10 or 15?" now we might have a dominating force in the nfl!!!

I'm just glad to finally start hearing some positives about our boy Tim. And with out a doubt, TEBOW WINS GAME.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
if u cant see this gimmick wont last long i dont know what to tell you

he is getting wins tho

At first I thought this was a gimmick, then I realized what was going on. I will take off the Orange and Blue glasses and say this, "Tim Tebow is not a classic, pocket quarterback." Tim Tebow will find ways to win games, but it will not be sitting in the pocket, at least not anytime soon. Timmy brings some qualities to the rather boring NFL game that other game changers have brought before--something different that works. Neither John Elway nor Steve Young would hack it in today's NFL as "classic, pocket quarterbacks", just as they did not 20+ years ago. Elway's first 2 years in Denver looked like Tebow's. Both were good baseball players that picked up football but still stuck to baseball mechanics when throwing a football. Both liked to run when there was an opportunity to do so. Steve Young was a left-hander with goofy mechanics that also liked to run, but could throw when he was not forced to do what the regular quarterback was doing. Elway settled into what looked almost like a traditional pocket passer as he got older, but he was still throwing sidearm and baseball fastball. Young ran less towards the end of his career, and found his niche throwing when he was allowed to do things that even Joe Montana did not do, such as roll to his left or slide to his left. Both of them used their legs less as their passing matured, and as their bodies got older and more banged up...as long as there was a Terrell Davis or a Ricky Watters to share the burden of running the ball.

Tim Tebow is not here to make us happy by pretending to be a traditional quarterback. He is here to change the game. If he has to run a gimmick for a few years until he matures, then he will do it. It took John Elway 14 years to realize that he did not need to win a game by himself. It took Steve Young 6 years to find his way to San Francisco and emerge from Joe Montana's shadow.

jwmann2

Gator Fan
Tebow is winning and this is the most important thing. While I do like the guy, his passing skills are below par.
They are trying to factor in the option offense in Denver and you can't run that system in the NFL. HE will end up getting smacked and the corners are simply too fast.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I think E-'s got this thing nailed, analytically-speaking. As he says, even the idea that the "system" Fox has installed in basic form and continues to elaborate on being a "gimmick" isn't really the point. That "system", as it evolves, is playing "catchup" to TT's real and natural skills as they expand and develop ANYWAY. For now, it is the best that Tim can get from the team and organization he is with: the more Fox keeps opening play up and adding more variability to the plan, the further TT is likely to go BEFORE that "gimmick's" day-of-reckoning--and even if/when it does, it will be up to Tebow himself to "adapt and create" on his own. On that day, it'll be the emotional (rather than the analytical) aspect of his game that will carry him (AND his team) forward--the part of Tim Tebow's unique personality-based skill-set that is so difficult to quantify, but is always there. What did you think you were WATCHING all those years, Gators?!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The latest absurdity is Elway's whining complaints this past weekend about Tebow being a BURDEN to the Broncos, that his "limited skills" leave them "exposed", and "in the long run" won't help them "win a Super Bowl". Now, there's a REASON that NO self-respecting Coach OR GM should (or WOULD, under any normal circumstance--like, say, they wanted what was best for their TEAM) say anything remotely like this in public in the middle of the season about their starting QB (during an ongoing WINNING STREAK, no less!). Beyond possibly threatening that young quarterback's OWN confidence and comfort zone, it DEFINITELY threatens his relationship with the rest of the team (who have finally come around to really beginning to respect and believe in Tim the last couple of weeks), shaking THEIR confidence and loyalties, upsetting the delicate balance that a team "playing above its head" on a win-streak depends upon to keep it going: it could even split the team. You just don't DO it--unless THAT was your true intent. Is there ANYONE here who still doesn't buy my view that Little Johnie Elway bitterly resents and despises Tim Tebow, would rather see him fail and the team lose every game than have this "upstart", this "pretender to all that is MINE here in Denver" continue his rise to "beloved local football hero"?
Earlier this morning I heard Cowherd, that whining, jock-worshipping apologist for all the ex-pro anti-Tebow nay-sayers, set up Mortenson with THIS lazy fastball, waist-high: "Don't you agree with John Elway, isn't he right when he calls Tebow a burden and says he leaves the Broncos completely exposed, as far as any hope for long-term success?" (Yeah, real even-handed Q; no bias THERE...)...to which "Mort" replies, "Oh YES! Of course he's right--look, in the long run, you don't care about a bunch of WINS, you are after a SUPERBOWL!!!"
I kid you not. My mouth dropped open--for a moment, even the obvious response (ie. "And how exactly do you WIN a Super Bowl? With A BUNCH OF WINS!!!") wasn't enough. Oh, I know "where he was going" with this "reasoning", it's just that it's part of a really lame ongoing public effort by Elway and his old-guard pals and their lackeys to rationalize a strategy that, arising out of Elway's own petty and vindictive short-sightedness, was wrong in the first place, and has turned out to backfire as a way to "show Tebow up" and see him fail, and now requires just these sort of mental backflips and contortions of logic to carry forward at ALL.
Eventually these @$$holes WILL succeed--if "success" is screwing with their own team's chemistry and good-fortune and then blaming the results on the quarterback you hate and want to get rid of--and they will then unceremoniously "get rid of" him. For Elway, though, that alone isn't enough, I'm afraid: he wants, he NEEDS to see TT somehow laid low, and he will do ANYTHING to somehow see this happen, as long as he has any control over Tim's destiny. We can only hope that somewhere out there is a Head Coach (or PROSPECTIVE Head Coach) of a down-trodden, long-suffering team, someone with a contrarian bent and a gambler's soul who has some fresh ideas and sees the possibilities--and never mind all the rest of this phony, PERSONAL axe-to-grind BS.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema