• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Tebow Combine.

mjfan23

VIP Member
Anyone know what kind of numbers Tebow will throw up at the NFL combine. Im really curious to see what he does. It seems as he has kept his weight room numbers quiet. Any one heard anything?

JvilleJohnny

i know he can throw up 225 like 30 or 40 times. he used to bench with the linemen haha.. but i don't think they let quarterbacks bench too much in the combine because it gets their arms tight before throwing around the football... but i know if Tim were to go in there and impress with his squat ability and arm strength then he will go much higher in the draft..not that all these guys haven't heard what Timmy can do haha

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
If tebow cant fix his throwing motion and be a QB i would like to see him be a LB

Check out the throwing motions of Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay, Jason Campbell in Washington and Byron Leftwich of Tampa Bay. They all have the same long delivery that will look eerily similar to Tim Tebow's. People knock Tebow's throwing motion, but a good number of QBs possess the same motion. I believe when the scouting reports come out, the scouts will note the throwing motion and mark it down, but they won't be writing down "turn this man into a TE or LB". Keep in mind that the sports pundits knock Timmy's delivery because they like advertising the bad stuff about Timmy. What else is there to complain about? Timmy won't be graded as high as Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy, or even Jimmy Clausen in terms of throwing motion, pocket movement, or defensive reads--we all know this.

If only Timmy had kept his completion percentage closer to 70% I would compare him to Daunte Culpepper of the late 90s at UCF. Other than that, they have similar build, throwing motion, speed, defensive reads, scrambling ability, and brute strength.

What I am trying to get at is that while Timmy is not the perfect NFL QB, all of his faults can be found in current NFL QBs. He may not get scouted highly and he may not go in the first round. His biggest fault is not his skills, but the offense he played in. People will overlook his faults if he played in a more pro-style offense (we should start another thread on how the UM offense will effectively kill Brantley's draft-ability unless the spread is run like it was in '08).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema