• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Tebow can still imrpove, even with worse numbers

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Don't look only at his stats this season, there is a lot of room for improvement beyond statistics. He can still have a better pocket presence, improve on his reads and checking down, finding the 3rd, 4th, or even 5th option, instead of just tucking the ball and running if the first two guys aren't open.

But look for great #'s again from the kid. Something like 40 touchdowns through the air and 10 or so on the ground. Despite almost a certain less # of carries and yards on the ground, I would be really surprised if he isn't the first option as a runner on the ground on the goaline. He has proven he can pound it in again and again and again. Those other guys? Not so much. Yet anyway.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
He already won the Heisman and has proven he can put up wicked numbers. I don't care if his TD:INT ratio is 1:5, as long as we're winning games.

gator212

Gator Fan
Well, he isn't perfect, but a pretty darn good passer for those that questioned his passing abilities before last year. We can all improve.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Well, he isn't perfect, but a pretty darn good passer for those that questioned his passing abilities before last year. We can all improve.

That goes without saying. Another way he can improve is end of game situations, being able to come back and win a game, and two minute drill situaitions. But like already stated early, the one area, well the only area, that really matters is that we win more games. If he goes 14-0, welcome God status for Mr. Tebow (if he already hasn't reached that).:bananapartyhat:

Dapper-Dan-Man

Gator Fan
That goes without saying. Another way he can improve is end of game situations, being able to come back and win a game, and two minute drill situaitions. But like already stated early, the one area, well the only area, that really matters is that we win more games. If he goes 14-0, welcome God status for Mr. Tebow (if he already hasn't reached that).:bananapartyhat:

Very true.

But the way he played as the Georgia game was getting out of reach last year was great, if only the center hadn't fumbled the snap...

I just think the image of him heaving four straight incompletions at the end of the Capitol One Bowl left a bad taste in our mouths.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Very true.

But the way he played as the Georgia game was getting out of reach last year was great, if only the center hadn't fumbled the snap...

I just think the image of him heaving four straight incompletions at the end of the Capitol One Bowl left a bad taste in our mouths.

Indeed.

But he did everything in his power to help us win. If only him and Percy had a little more help. Our offense should be very good this season. To me, the season will be won or lost on defense, especially the DT's and S's.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan

Based on what I've read, Dan Mullen was working with Tebow on the two-minute drill this spring.

If we can keep our O-line and receiving corps healthy this year it only serves to benefit Tebow. Besides the areas you've mentioned, another area he could improve on is spreading the ball around more and being less predictable when it comes to his plays. Often it was the Tebow-and-Harvin show in 2007, and if our offense is too predictable it works against us. Hopefully going back to the two-QB system this fall cuts this down besides taking more of the heat off Tebow and focusing on the strangths of his skillset.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Based on what I've read, Dan Mullen was working with Tebow on the two-minute drill this spring.

If we can keep our O-line and receiving corps healthy this year it only serves to benefit Tebow. Besides the areas you've mentioned, another area he could improve on is spreading the ball around more and being less predictable when it comes to his plays. Often it was the Tebow-and-Harvin show in 2007, and if our offense is too predictable it works against us. Hopefully going back to the two-QB system this fall cuts this down besides taking more of the heat off Tebow and focusing on the strangths of his skillset.

Another one of Tebow's favorite targets I fear he might go to too much if he gets the playing time is Riley Cooper.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Another one of Tebow's favorite targets I fear he might go to too much if he gets the playing time is Riley Cooper.

Coop will likely be his primary target in the deep zone, but Louis Murphy is also a good deep-route receiver who I'd like to see get some passes thrown his way.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
I can't wait to see Thompson or Carl Moore.

Same here.

Thompson has great speed (more of a straight line guy, doesn't have the moves of a Rainey, James, Harvin). He has good hands, too. Should fill in nicely for Caldwell.

Moore had a decent spring, but as he gets more familiar with the offense, you should see vast improvements. He is some kinda talent. Similar to T.O. in game. Not as good as T.O., but really similar game.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Same here.

Thompson has great speed (more of a straight line guy, doesn't have the moves of a Rainey, James, Harvin). He has good hands, too. Should fill in nicely for Caldwell.

Moore had a decent spring, but as he gets more familiar with the offense, you should see vast improvements. He is some kinda talent. Similar to T.O. in game. Not as good as T.O., but really similar game.

Thompson was on Newton's Orange squad in the O&B game, so we really didn't get to see all that he's capable of doing. I look for him to pick up where Bubba left off and make some plays this fall. Am anxious to see how well he performs during August two-a-days.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema