• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Steve Addazio Promoted to Offensive Coordinator

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Florida Gator head football coach Urban Meyer picked offensive line coach Steve Addazio to succeed Dan Mullen as offensive coordinator. I'm not surprised Meyer chose to hire from within his own staff. He's a very loyal coach and wanted to promote someone who already knows the offense, rather than bringing an outsider in.

Mullen, hired as Mississippi State's head coach earlier this month, still was expected to call plays when the top-ranked Gators play No. 2 Oklahoma in the Bowl Championship Series national title game Jan. 8 in Miami.

"I'm excited to keep the continuity of our play calling within our current staff," Meyer said in a statement Saturday. "Steve has played a key role in our offense in his time at Florida. Our entire offensive staff is involved in game planning and scripting plays. As always, I will remain very involved in the offensive game plan."

This is the best way to approach the big game in my opinion. I'm sure the Gators could still win without Mullen, but it's all about routine with these kids. Changing something could have been drastic.

Addazio, who served as Indiana's offensive coordinator before arriving at Florida in 2005. He has worked with Meyer for many years, including two at Notre Dame.

Meyer said receivers coach Billy Gonzales, running backs coach Kenny Carter and tight ends coach John Hevesy will continue to have roles in calling plays and putting together game plans.

Addazio, though, got the promotion.

"I'm extremely humbled because I know it is a group effort of our offensive staff and players that have made us successful and will continue to make us successful," Addazio said. "Coach Meyer's track record obviously speaks for itself with his previous coordinators."

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema