• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Stephen Alli in the CFL

FrozenGator

Gator Fan
Apparently, my Blue Bombers picked up Stephen Alli, but according to the newspaper here: "Florida wide receiver Stephen Alli, drafted in the sixth round despite injury red flags, is still not healthy."

Any news from down yonder about this guy? I don't recall seeing much of him, but last season was a desert for me in terms of seeing the Gators play.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Apparently, my Blue Bombers picked up Stephen Alli, but according to the newspaper here: "Florida wide receiver Stephen Alli, drafted in the sixth round despite injury red flags, is still not healthy."

Any news from down yonder about this guy? I don't recall seeing much of him, but last season was a desert for me in terms of seeing the Gators play.

Stephen Alli is an interesting character. Few know that he is actually Canadian, because he is listed as being from New Hampshire. He transferred from his high school in Canada to a private school in New Hampshire, created a buzz with Urban Meyer, and was brought in as a raw athlete. Alli should have been a basketball or soccer player, but he decided to stick with football. By all accounts, he is very smart and was debating whether to go to medical school or enter the CFL Draft.

He was injured in 2012, and need extensive metal in his knee in order to repair whatever he injured. The news is rather hard to find. My guess is that he never regained his raw speed after surgery. He has the size to be a tight end, which is where it would make sense to shift a receiver of his size after being slowed by surgery, but Canadian Football does not use the tight end position very much.

All that being said, I hope he finds success in the CFL, or finds the money to go back to medical school.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
@FrozenGator,
Would really like to see more of our "borderline-pro"-grads consider continue their playing days, earn a good living and continue to pursue their dreams up there--Tebow is the extreme example: With the right coach and team I believe he would have torn the League up (suits his style and skill-set), and maybe eventually pulled a "Warren Moon", made a name for himself (as a leader, personality and PLAYER, not just as the celebrity he already is), and gotten that elusive chance with an NFL club later in his thus-ongoing career as a professional quarterback.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema