• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Sigh...Lookin’ fer a ray’o’light!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sittin’ here watching YouTube in the middle of the night (FSU at the Swamp, 2020)—and instead of the “bit of upside buzz” I was hoping for in the face of all the BAD NEWS—beyond football, of course: but now they are inevitably talking about “what to do about the SEASON?”!!!
Well, we could/CAN see they’re running out of time WITHOUT THE DREADED “getting creative”.
The whole business with Charlie Strong going over to the Tide was (as E- put it, “disappointing, sad...” As E- said, that already just didn’t feel right, sit right...Have been HOPING for good news, a chance for us to ALL to “Move ON...”—and UP—like the title of this post implied.
But the most, the best we can say about it right NOW is, well, “It’s coming down TO it, no?”
Me, I don’t CARE to speculate or debate alternative scenarios right now.
College Football could be OUR SALVATION now!
Instead, though, it threatens to be the knee we’re all about to be bent across before a spanking! About that much fun, at any rate—LOL!!!
I mean, some of the opinions, supposed “solutions and alternatives” we’ve heard, read, had to be exposed to already!
Are you serious? ALL you so-called “media EXPERTS”:
SPARE ME, FOLKS!!!
Late game last Thanksgiving Week:
Who saw any of the REST coming after THIS one?
I guess we’re ALL sick of living this SciFi dystopia, but it continues get out of control and out of hand.
I can’t even tell anymore whether this rant is a valid voicing of perspective, OR one more example of me LOSING THE SAME!
I only know that that very same “perspective” IS THREATENED by having things going off-the-rails in this venue, to this degree here and now:
I’m not even READY to “reasonably discuss solutions and alternatives” next: THAT’S a level of thoughtful balance I can only HOPE either won’t be required, or (seeing how, more and more, it appears will be necessary) we’ll ALL somehow be able to negotiate.
Ah well. We’ve managed so far. Long as you and those you love are well, safe, and are able to adapt and hang in, hang ON...
Well, “More POWER to you ALL, together onward towards MORE OF THE SAME, FELLOW GATORS!!!”

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I hope everyone doing OK. It sucks don't get me wrong, I lost out on events because of cancellations. I'm not going to worry about what might happen or might not happen in the fall. I am more worried about what could happen like now or the next day, week, etc.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Football commentary: I do foresee a modified college football season. There is too much at stake to completely forego fall sports--even if the season is pushed back.

Political commentary: Those of us who have jobs throughout the corona-virus crisis should not be projecting our beliefs onto those who are now unemployed or are about to lose their businesses. I am perfectly fine with working from home, but most of my friends are currently furloughed or getting ready to shut down their businesses forever. I think the people in the latter situation would rather take a chance with the virus than wind up homeless and broke.

Personal commentary: I no longer give a crap if anyone disagrees with me about the corona-virus crisis. We need to reopen the planet and get busy living or get busy dying.

Last edited:

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I hope everyone doing OK. It sucks don't get me wrong, I lost out on events because of cancellations. I'm not going to worry about what might happen or might not happen in the fall. I am more worried about what could happen like now or the next day, week, etc.
Football commentary: I do foresee a modified college football season. There is too much at stake to completely forego fall sports--even if the season is pushed back.

Political commentary: Those of us who have jobs throughout the corona-virus crisis should not be projecting our beliefs onto those who are now unemployed or are about to lose their businesses. I am perfectly fine with working from home, but most of my friends are currently furloughed or getting ready to shut down their businesses forever. I think the people in the latter situation would rather take a chance with the virus than wind up homeless and broke.

Personal commentary: I no longer give a crap if anyone disagrees with me about the corona-virus crisis. We need to reopen the planet and get busy living or get busy dying.
I thank you both for your insightful, cogent analyses...
Between you, y’all have pretty well COVERED MY OVERALL VIEWS on the subject here.
We’re all the way down to “one day at a time”, take things as they come and DEAL with it...believe me, sometimes, when it comes to life or death issues and the safety/well-being of our families and those we care about, we are each and ALL required to “properly prioritize”!
Perhaps we as a nation (at least since the WWII days?) have seldom faced a time or situation where that was more true, where there was suddenly more on the line, and more required of us in response. Personally I have witnessed a WIDE range of variance in behavior out there—both encouraging and disappointing at various times.
Tonight, I’m watching an SEC network replay of the last Orange Bowl—and though I know we ultimately win it of course, I guess I had conveniently forgotten how uneven our play, h I w we mostly FAILED to shine as a team down there and, if anything, played DOWN to the level of a mostly mediocre opponent.
I don’t care to draw ANY conclusions on our prospects going into an unfathomably obscure football for either our program OR COLLEGE FOOTBALL IN GENERAL!!!
I’m gonna hang in and refresh my memory as to HOW we come OUT of this one “OK” (that IS my overall impression-in-memory, after all)—As for the rest, well, let’s ALL just hang in there, HANG TOGETHER IN ALL KINDS OF WEATHER (to paraphrase the song), s as Nd see e we here we’re at come summer, and beyond.
Until then, be well, STAY well guys (geez; Cavs just scored a TD in the 4th quarter...We MUST still answer, even pull away somehow—or I’ve been living in some Gator dreamland ever since!:
‘Cause we have been the lesser team, flat and uninspired in the 2nd half of this one while I’ve been watching “with one eye” THIS time around!
Talk to y’all when we next have some real “Future Gator News”, hopefully SOON—More than ever, THE SOONER THE BETTER!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema