• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Saying "GOOD BYE" to Tommy Bowden

Kevin

Gator Fan
THIS IS NO RUMOR! THIS IS FACT! Clemson head coach Tommy Bowden stepped down this morning from, of course, his job (now former job) as Clemson head coach. Of all things, I got a good laugh at what his father, Bobby Bowden said about the whole issue. "Well at least I won't have to worry about him beating me anymore." Well GREAT OBSERVATION coach Bowden. It's only you're last yr (out of the past eternity) at FSU. So why not just throw your last game with Clemson up in the air and may the better team win! (as Clemson has done the past few yrs from my understanding)
There's a team in South Carolina that's in the SEC! THE ROTTEN GAMECOCKS as we know them! Y'all may not know this, but after the 12-7 score in favor of Wake Forest against Clemson, the momentum shot UP for the Gamecocks this weekend against Kentucky; with which they were actually able to pull out of Lexington with the win. I believe South Carolina finds their motivation for winning in the fact that Clemson loses, as USC won against its past two road games (Ole Miss and Kentucky) and Clemson lost their past two games (Maryland and [at] Wake Forest) I've heard that Clemson's assistant coach will take the job for the time being, and "the time being" could be until the end of this season. I also heard this was a trial basis and it just may result in a permanent position. As of now, no one knows. Even though FSU and Bobby Bowden are our rivals, my sympathy is with Tommy and his family, because they (Tommy especially) took alot of trash from Clemson and the fans with the past two losses. But the playing doesn't get easier for the Tigers. Georgia Tech travels to Death Valley Saturday. And two road games follow (at Boston College and at the home of our "good friends" FSU!) So back to Gator talk! We have the week off and then HOMECOMING agaisnt Kentucky. Then we need to get our team to practice, practice, practice and pray hard; because we face Georgia in Jacksonville Nov. 1! Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a repeat of the Florida/LSU game. Anyway, GO GATORS!

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Tommy Bowden should have been let go years ago. All he ever brought to Clemson was an 8 win season.

I'm surprised at the fact that he "stepped down" during the season. More like they forced him to step down or he would get fired.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Now I'm waiting for Saint Booby to ride off into the sunset; I'll be anxious to see what the outcome of the NCAA investigation of the SOW will be.

Based on what I had heard on ESPNU this morning, it was inevitable that Tommy Bowden would be on his way out the door; their QB (Cullen Harper) was happy about his stepping down.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
Clemson might be the most underachieving team in the nation, because every year for the past few years, they were supposed to win the ACC.

And as far as Bobby Bowden at FSU, I don't want him to go! I don't see FSU ever turning around with him as coach. I think FSU will stay in mediocrity as long as Bowden stays there. If FSU ever does rebound, it will be with a new coach, whether's that Jimbo or some other coach they bring in.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema