• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Salute the troops game?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hmmm.... What about foreign military veterans and (more importantly!) their families? For $35, I'd start thinking about dragging my dad down there.... :p
Well--we are and were "allies"--I'd "make the case", give it a shot, anyways (...Meanwhile, anyone else remember when tix to all homegames were FREE to all students with "Full-time Student Activities Card"--$5 per additional (guests) and $10 for seats at away-games? Or does that date me? We used to turn our cards in together week before games in order to get contiguous seats in a block on the student side of then pre-"Swamp"--and non-enclosed--Florida Field).

Ga8or22

Eventis sultorum magister.
Well--we are and were "allies"--I'd "make the case", give it a shot, anyways (...Meanwhile, anyone else remember when tix to all homegames were FREE to all students with "Full-time Student Activities Card"--$5 per additional (guests) and $10 for seats at away-games? Or does that date me? We used to turn our cards in together week before games in order to get contiguous seats in a block on the student side of then pre-"Swamp"--and non-enclosed--Florida Field).

now that really dates you

Ga8or22

Eventis sultorum magister.
Yeah--but I'm still irresponsible...honest!

By the way I can go that far back also - more grey then I care to try "just for men" Remember when the ladies wore dresses and the men wore jackets and ties? The kids today don't.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
By the way I can go that far back also - more grey then I care to try "just for men" Remember when the ladies wore dresses and the men wore jackets and ties? The kids today don't.
Weeelll--it WAS t-shirts'n'cut-offs by the time I was there--HOT in FF on a Fall afternoon, generally...This was the mid-to-late 70's, and it got wild...Remember , we had to endure that 0-10-and-1 season, Charlie Pell's 1st season in G-ville, right in the middle of my time as an undergrad, and bad as that was, we DID show up, and we DID have fun. In fact, when things began to rapidly improve the following year, friends and I would sometimes comment wistfully on how though we wouldn't trade our pride in our Gators' rapidly changing fortunes for anything, it just wasn't quite as MUCH "fun" "now that we had to worry about what was happening out there on the field again!"...Anyone who was there knows the variations on the kinds of "fun" I'm talkin' about, too.
A little different look and feel over on the alumni side of the field, though...the saying was, "They have their blazers and Chivas Regal, we have our jeans'n'Gainesville Green...".

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema