• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Said Yes Tim

Leakfan12

VIP Member

I'm sure most of you seen this or heard about it in the news but Here's a vid of a female Air Force airman asking Tim Tebow out on a military ball in April in a base in Louisana. I believe he should said yes. Too bad, she not stationed in MacDill because I would ask her if I could be her date if he said no.

tim shoulda smashed kim k or atleast get married and start gettin laid this shit is crazy idk what he waitin for he can find so many worthy good sweet girls with so many that want him but idk i think tebow is just a little too commited to god and is kinda missing chances and wasting his prime time on earth but if charity makes you happy w/e

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
tim shoulda smashed kim k or atleast get married and start gettin laid this shit is crazy idk what he waitin for he can find so many worthy good sweet girls with so many that want him but idk i think tebow is just a little too commited to god and is kinda missing chances and wasting his prime time on earth but if charity makes you happy w/e
(laughing) Well, none of US are Tim Tebow--and you know what WE would have done with that kind of "access"--but maybe that's part of WHY we're NOT Tim Tebow (thank the Lord)...Anyway, I'm here to tell ya that in case anyone's forgotten (and I HOPE that's the case--and NOT that y'all had TOO many lonely nights), you really don't need celebrity, wealth or great looks to get laid fairly regularly in college and the years directly after...you just have to put yourself OUT there, right? What more can I say here? I'm not exactly God's gift to women, but as I recall, a little confidence and a smirking sense-of-humor went a long way in this regard! Young women, who ultimately make all the choices in this area in any event, are just as horny as men are--just add alcohol (which at that age, they DO--oh my, they do) and all WE had to do was say "OK!". So, aside from the various OTHER social situations that arise (and it's then up to YOU to seize them--the "opportunities", that is), in your 20s you have only to put yourself where the BOOZE is, and the rest'll take care of itself. Pretty shallow, yes, but I wasn't aware we were discussing "the woman I will spend my life with" here...
As for Tim, who IS in that frame-of-mind if thinking about women at ALL, it's a different story, though. He knows all this "celebrity stuff" is a sham, a shallow judgment of him as an image that has nothing whatsoever to do with who he really is, what he thinks, feels or believes--and everyone who approaches him either has an angle, or is in awe of him as that IMAGE, not the man inside. That goes for the women who come onto him as well, especially the countless ones who admire him from afar (including this "Airman", of course); they may very well be "sweet and decent" and very attractive, but how can he take any of it "to heart"? Between the mail and the internet, how many thousands of them can there be?
No, when TT somehow finds "the right person", and he will, it will come "out of the blue", probably meeting her somewhere outside his "celebrity rounds", maybe even someone who knows little or nothing about him when they first collide. It's interesting to consider what KIND of girl she'll BE--a quiet, low-key and devout "little woman at home", or a strong, active and involved personality herself? I suppose some complex mixture is possible, even likely...best to steer clear of another "celebrity", though--that NEVER works, long term, and I like to think TT's all too aware of the dangers there.

FrozenGator

Gator Fan
Okay, without getting too preachy about this, maybe I can shed some light on Tim's motivations, and why this comment struck me as ignorant and missing the point.
Time Tebow - and any Bible-believing, real-life Christian - does what he does out of obedience to God, first and foremost. Nothing matters except obeying God's Word. Whether it's working hard ("Do everything as unto the Lord"), abstaining from sex before marriage ("Do not commit adultery"), speaking only well of others ("Let no unwholesome talk come out of your mouths"), or working with charities ("Whatever you do to the least of these, you do to me"), it's his obedience to God that drives him.
"Missing chances and wasting prime time on earth" doesn't factor into it because his worldview is focussed on God. There are no missed chances, and no wasted time when someone is obeying God.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I find it hard to believe that people think Tim Tebow is too squeaky clean to be real. I know a lot of people like him, especially in Florida Christian schools and home schools around the country. In some ways, I grew up like him. Devout household, homeschooling, no sex before marriage, lots of charity, few girlfriends, always busy with school and work. Those people exist and they do thrive in society.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, FG, what you say is true, but there's more to it than that, I think--even if we take G'villeBnR's somewhat laughing comment more seriously than I think he meant it...maybe I'M the one who's wrong, though; if I offend anyone, I apologize.
Tim Tebow's been "one of the guys" in the locker room for 1/2 his life as well, don't forget--he couldn't lead 'em if he was somehow "untouchable", or unapproachably "above all worldly pursuits"--and being a "leader of men " has never been a problem for TT...I'm pretty sure he has been able to do that WITHOUT the gutter-minded verbal debasement of women that is normally associated with jockdom--hey, I've never felt comfortable with it myself, nor needed to stoop much lower than the winking frankness I showed above in discussing the funkier aspects of partying and male/female sexual politics (OR gymnastics!) with other American males.
My point is that I figure he and his peers meet each other half way: they probably have come to temper the grosser aspects and descriptive extremes out of embarrassment and a certain respect, and he no doubt has developed a thick skin, a playful sense of humor and a selectively deaf ear to the whole matter...that seems his style. No doubt he "follows the Word of God", and the Bible has much to say on these matters--and he knows his Bible, of that we can be sure. When it comes to the Dos and Don'ts, right and wrong, from "who begat who" to "go forth and multiply", and all the many worldly temptations that can distract a man from his goal and his God along the way, the Book is quite explicit; it goes into marvelous detail on most of what you, he, or anyone else is likely to hear discussed in locker rooms anywhere, anytime, over many years.
It's not that he doesn't think about "missed chances" or "wasted time", but rather that he has a completely different concept of what those things are, as he sees the world and his place in it. Obviously, I can't say I've lived my life his way--or ever had the urge to do so--but I nonetheless admire Tim and his determination to live it according to a set of principles. That is something I DO understand, and have come to do so myself, in my own way. It just took me a while to find out what that "way" was; though the search began early, the answers (and hence, the principles) came piece-by-piece, over time. Like a lot of folks, I had to stumble in darkness, through trial and error, to build my own "ethos", the bedrock foundation that I can fall back on to guide me--"the things that matter", no matter what.
I have great sympathy and patience then for young people who cover their uncertainty, emptiness and growing cynicism with boisterous enthusiasm, loud humor and a manic search for company and excitement, while they secretly grow more and more worried that "this is all there is?" (I was lucky--it drove me into the military, which in turn started me down a road that finally began to answer questions, filled in blanks, pointed me onward--and taught me to value life, all life, and more).
What I DON'T trust, or have ANY patience for, is an adult who HAS no firm values or belief. That's the sort who as leaders perpetrate all manner of evil, and as followers not only allow it to occur, but make it possible, indeed actively usher it first into being, then to power. They're good at masking themselves, but do not be fooled: give me the lost cynics over the slick yes-men every time.
And that's MY "preachy" two cents--or maybe a bit more...call it a nickel, then.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Here is my preaching for the day:
Tebow 3:16
For God loved college football so much that he gave us his other son, that whoever believes in him shall win in NCAA fantasy football.

Too bad Timmy plays most of his NFL games on the day of Sabbath. He plays so much better on Saturdays.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I'm sure the airwoman's intentions are more pure than Kim and Katy's (especially on Kim's part LOL). Remember this has been done before with Marines asking Mlia Kunis and Justin Timberlake out to their Marine Ball and succeed (though I think the female marine asked JT out because he put Mlia on the spot to accept). I think she (the airwoman) just wants a date and that's all. I think he can take a weekend off of training in LA to attend.

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
I wouldnt go touch Kim K. with a 10ft pole. Shes nice to look at, but that's its. At some point in a woman's life they realize that a man going to settle down with a woman who's been passed around more than a bottle opener at a hillbilly Bonfire.(just made that saying up just now lol)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema