• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Projecting the 2020 SEC Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
The SEC made the best decision it could in limiting the 2020 season (if it happens) to a conference-only schedule that starts September 26th and ends December 19th (for the SEC championship game). The SEC will plan for a nominal 10-game schedule to be played over 11 weeks, presumably with contingency plans to drop one or two games due to COVID-19 outbreaks. The late start was built in to account for a projected spike in COVID-19 cases over Labor Day weekend. As it stands now, Florida will have home games hosting Kentucky, South Carolina, LSU, Missouri, and an SEC West team. Florida will travel to Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, an SEC West team, and a "neutral" location against Georgia. For now the prevailing theory is that the World's Largest Outdoor COVID-19 Party will still take place in Jacksonville under NFL-recommended restrictions on the venue. With that, here is the possible schedule:

1. 9/26. Same. Florida plays Tennessee in Knoxville.
  2. 10/3. Same. Florida plays South Carolina in Gainesville.
  3. 10/10. Same. Florida plays LSU in Gainesville.
  4. 10/17. Same. Florida plays Ole Miss in Oxford.
  5. 10/24. TBD. Bye, host Arkansas in Gainesville, or play Auburn at the Plains
  6. 10/31. Same. Florida plays Georgia at Jacksonville (Georgia is the home team).
  7. 11/7. Same. Florida plays Vanderbilt in Nashville.
  8. 11/14. Same. Florida plays Missouri in Gainesville.
  9. 11/21. TBD. Bye, play at Arkansas, or play rescheduled COVID game
  10. 11/28. TBD. Bye, host Kentucky, or play rescheduled COVID game [preferably host Kentucky]
  11. 12/5. TBD. Bye, or play Kentucky, Arkansas, Bama, or Auburn; or play rescheduled COVID game
  12. 12/12. TBD. Bye, or play Kentucky, Arkansas, Bama, or Auburn; or play rescheduled COVID game
  13. 12/19. SEC Championship.
    Screenshot from 2020-08-06 10-04-34.png

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I would like to see them maybe delay the season until October 3rd and have the SEC in the new year (though I doubt the NCAA will do that).

Escambia94

I would like to see them maybe delay the season until October 3rd and have the SEC in the new year (though I doubt the NCAA will do that).
I am just going off what the SEC says. The SEC commissioner and the member ADs agreed to September 26th, so that is what I went with. Everything else is speculation. Maybe the season will get cancelled midway, or maybe the season will continue on through a few outbreaks. Nobody knows.

Also, the NCAA does not have that kind of authority to change the football season. It will be interesting to see how the NCAA will use what little authority it has to handle the COVID-19 situation.

Escambia94

The SEC released its notional football schedule. See the new post at https://www.gatorenvy.com/threads/florida-gators-football-schedule-2020.20700/.

1. 9/26 Florida at Ole Miss
  2. 10/3 South Carolina at Florida
  3. 10/10 Florida at Texas A&M
  4. 10/17 LSU at Florida
  5. 10/24 Missouri at Florida
  6. 10/31 Bye
  7. 11/7 Florida vs Georgia (World's Largest Outdoor COVID-19 Party, WLOCP)
  8. 11/14 Arkansas at Florida
  9. 11/21 Florida at Vanderbilt
  10. 11/28 Kentucky at Florida
  11. 12/5 Florida at Tennessee
  12. 12/12 Bye
  13. 12/19 SEC Championship (Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema