Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
The Gators still have plenty to play for. Here are my power rankings and projected bowl games:
- #2 Georgia (6-0, 4-0) Orange or Cotton
- Georgia is now the top Dawg of the SEC--at least until the SEC Championship Game.
- #1 Alabama (5-1, 2-1) Cotton or Orange
- Many assumed Jimbo Fisher would be the first of Nick Saban's assistants to beat him. The loss does not hurt Bama's goals unless they fall apart, which is unlikely.
- #16 Kentucky (6-0, 4-0) Sugar, Texas, Citrus, or Outback
- The surprising Wildcats command the SEC East. They will likely win 1 of 2 in their next major challenges: Georgia and Mississippi State.
- #17 Ole Miss (4-1, 1-1) Sugar, Texas, Citrus, or Outback
- The Rebels need to win 2 of 3 among Auburn, Texas A&M, and Mississippi State in order to grab the Texas Bowl.
- #13 Arkansas (4-2, 1-2) Sugar, Texas, Citrus, or Outback
- The Razorbacks outplayed the Rebels and are more dangerous than their record and power ranking. They need to beat 2 of 3: Auburn, Mississippi State, and Alabama.
- #18 Auburn (4-2, 1-1) Sugar, Texas, Citrus, Outback, or Gator
- The War Eagle Tigers still have the dangerous gauntlet of Arkansas, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Mississippi State, and Alabama.
- #20 Florida (4-2, 2-2) Sugar, Texas, Citrus, Outback, Gator, or Duke's Mayo
- Given where the Gators are there is still plenty to play for. The Gators can finish 9-3 (5-3) by only losing to Georgia and beating LSU, South Carolina, Missouri. If some other teams stumble, there is a possibility that the Gators play in the Outback or Citrus Bowl. For now we are looking at the Gator Bowl.
- Texas A&M (4-2, 1-2) Sugar, Texas, Citrus, Gator, Duke's Mayo, Music City, or Liberty
- The Aggies may have found life later in the season, but they still have Auburn, and Ole Miss to test them.
- Tennessee (4-2, 2-1) Sugar, Texas, Citrus, Gator, Duke's Mayo, Music City, Liberty, Birmingham, or Gasparilla
- The Vols are just here for cannon fodder against Ole Miss, Alabama, Kentucky, and Georgia.
- Mississippi State (3-2, 1-1) Duke's Mayo, Music City, Liberty, or Birmingham
- The Fightin' Cowbells are a dangerous, unpredictable team. They will probably not end the season ranked, but they can affect the rankings of Alabama, Kentucky, Arkansas, Auburn, and Ole Miss.
- LSU (3-3, 1-2) Liberty, Birmingham, or Gasparilla
- The Bengal Tigers are likely fighting for Ed Orgeron's job against Florida, Ole Miss, Alabama, Arkansas, and Texas A&M. I expect them to drop half of these games.
- Missouri (3-3, 0-2) Liberty, Birmingham, Gasparilla, or none
- The Other Tigers are the bottom team that could make it into a bowl game as long as they beat their cupcakes and steal a couple wins against Texas A&M, Georgia, Florida, and Arkansas.
- South Carolina (3-3, 0-3)
- The Gamecocks have a low probability of making a bowl game. The best they can hope for is to ruin some other team's season.
- Vanderbilt (2-4, 0-2)
- The Commodores were an excellent band in the 1970s, but they are not an excellent team in 2021.