• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

position changes

The quarterback playing days of Jordan Reed and Trey Burton are over. At least at Florida. | Gatorsports.com

Reed is a full-time tight end now, while Burton will hold a multi-dimensional role as a tight end/H-back/running back/receiver - but not a QB.

* True sophomore Gerald Christian has moved from tight end to outside linebacker, where he is listed as a starter on the depth chart. “He’ll continue to be on offense in short yardage and goal line and fullback in certain situations,” Muschamp said. “He’s got good lower body explosion. He’s a guy who is certainly bright enough to play two positions and we’re going to look at that a little bit with him. He was an outstanding high school linebacker.”

* Redshirt freshman Leon Orr has moved to defensive tackle from offensive guard. “Athletic, a guy that is a big body who can hold point inside with the two-back teams we’re going to face. We feel he’s suited for that.”

* Redshirt freshman Josh Shaw, one of the nation’s elite cornerback prospects coming out of high school a year ago, has been switched to strong safety.

* Redshirt freshman Chris Martin was listed as a linebacker last season, but now is playing defensive end.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
Martin could find himself starting at DE this year. I always thought he would end up at DE at the college level anyways.

And I am glad to see Christian at LB. I thought he should have switched to defense last year after what he did to Dee Finley.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema