• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

plastic Gators a hot item in LA

Ga8or22

Eventis sultorum magister.
BjgcWNWIQAAR66C.jpg

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I was just there a couple weeks ago. My daughter will be going to school at UCLA. I hope the Gators destroy the Bruins, so I can rub it in and make her re-think her decision. Go Gators!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dear E-: Oh, the pain, the disappointment...a BRUIN..."Where did I go WRONG?!!!"
(Headline-to-come: "Gator chomps and swallows bear--fur, bones'n'all!" EAT 'EM UP, GATORS!)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Dear E-: Oh, the pain, the disappointment...a BRUIN..."Where did I go WRONG?!!!"
(Headline-to-come: "Gator chomps and swallows bear--fur, bones'n'all!" EAT 'EM UP, GATORS!)

Well, the military moved me to Los Angeles, and after 18 years of moving around I think she decided enough was enough and she decided to stay in L.A. I can't blame her. We have no more family in Gainesville, and only a handful of family in Escambia county. She has lived in about 12 cities across two continents in 18 years, and USC is too expensive. UCLA it is.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, the military moved me to Los Angeles, and after 18 years of moving around I think she decided enough was enough and she decided to stay in L.A. I can't blame her. We have no more family in Gainesville, and only a handful of family in Escambia county. She has lived in about 12 cities across two continents in 18 years, and USC is too expensive. UCLA it is.
I totally understand, had a similar childhood myself, military family, multiple generations--I just went a different way: Instead of becoming "the youngest entrant to the Academy" in CO Springs, as my dad (then an AF Colonel) envisioned, I went Army, then back to Florida, always our family's "base of operations", and fulfilled my OWN lifelong dream and became a Gator. I think I've mentioned this before, but I went on to grad school at USC (earned an MFA at the USC Film School) on a full-ride academic fellowship--but I was NEVER "a Trojan" in my own mind. In fact, I was fortunate enough to arrive there in time for the back-to-back home-and-home we played with them in the early 80s--and had the exquisite pleasure of experiencing our to them seemingly impossible victory, having assured them all in the face of their extreme-to-the-point-of-condescension confidence going into it (in my then exaggerated N. Fla. drawl), "Weeell, we play a purty good brand o' ball down in the SEC...")...result: 28-9, Gators, I believe, or something damn close. Ahhh, it's GREAT to be a Florida Gator. There are a lot of pretty women at UCLA, and Westwood is a very nice part of town (a lot nicer than the Crenshaw--where USC walls itself off more or less under siege), but, well, I guess I don't have to make this argument to YOU.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I was just there a couple weeks ago. My daughter will be going to school at UCLA. I hope the Gators destroy the Bruins, so I can rub it in and make her re-think her decision. Go Gators!

Could be worse, her choice could have been FSU like my sister's though she goes to UF Law School now. Surprise the 2006 and 2007 Final Fours weren't enough to convince her go to G-Ville HAHAHA.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm feeling better and better about our b-ball team AND this tournament...Now: If we can just do a "total 180" with that team that plays over there in Ben Griffen, maybe we can return to the undeniable pleasure and glory of dominating BOTH major collegiate sports at the same time once more. Hasn't been THAT long since Tebow, Joachim et al just rubbed the haters' collective noses in dogpoo for awhile. Good times... I could stand to see a redux. How bout y'all?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema