• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Over a Taco, Really?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebas...edly-stealing-taco-running-from-police-033012

I don't know where exactly to go with this. So much for the NBA for him.
Ain't that a KICKER? When I got the alert earlier this aft, the first thing that went through my mind (AFTER a cynical, surprised laugh), was this: "THAT'S why you aren't consistent, THAT'S why you lose games that you shouldn't, THAT'S where sudden late-game collapses with the 'Prize' almost within your reach come from..." Was Billy D. not paying attention? Or was he, like the rest of us for a time, so distracted by and enamored of Urban Meyer's public persona that he missed the obvious truth playing out before ALL our eyes--including on his OWN squad?
Why do you think our football team, stocked with several "top-rated recruiting classes", full of 4- and 5-star athletes on both sides of the ball, produced nothing but frustrating mediocrity there for a couple of years? Why was 2011 NOT a "reload" after all, but part of a year-long slow, hard and painful process of "finding the weak spots and eliminating them"--one we are only NOW emerging from?
Walker pulled something much the same his FRESHMAN year here--and was given "pre-trial suspension" for the exact same charge at that time; now he does the same kind of selfish, petty and childishly self-destructive thing as he gets ready to leave. In other words, for this arrogant, unrepentant, less-than-honorable individual, NOTHING HAS CHANGED...neither his education nor the time spent and life-lessons learned among coaches and fellow players has made an impression. That's 1/5 of your starting-5 right there, and I'd lay money that he's not alone in his shrugging selfishness; similarly, too large a portion of our football squad were prima donnas, 5-star clowns and "talented losers". In each case, first the football squad, now the basketball team, the ultimate results were (in retrospect) predictably similar: mediocrity, or worse.

robdog

Gator Fan
LOL, this is a weird story. I want to see how this is going to play out in court. There has to be more to the story. I cannot believe all this is over ONE $3 Taco... just has to be more...

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Honestly I consider back to back appearences to the Elite Eight anything but medicore DRU, There's teams that were better that didn't make to the Sweet Sixteen (for example Duke). Though do have a point about why the team choke against Butler and Louisville, he choke off the field like he did on it (in a few games). Though I don't know I blame the coaches. They can only so much but you can't stop your players from being idiots. Also in another post, I belief you are right (to a certain point). If the football team blew a 10 point lead late in the SEC title game against LSU, Bama, and Arkansas and I said it's 50-50 of calling for Muschomp's head because those three teams are good teams and right now are better than the Gators. Against other SEC West team like said Auburn paids other QB to play for them then It's more than likely.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Honestly I consider back to back appearences to the Elite Eight anything but medicore DRU, There's teams that were better that didn't make to the Sweet Sixteen (for example Duke). Though do have a point about why the team choke against Butler and Louisville, he choke off the field like he did on it (in a few games). Though I don't know I blame the coaches. They can only so much but you can't stop your players from being idiots. Also in another post, I belief you are right (to a certain point). If the football team blew a 10 point lead late in the SEC title game against LSU, Bama, and Arkansas and I said it's 50-50 of calling for Muschomp's head because those three teams are good teams and right now are better than the Gators. Against other SEC West team like said Auburn paids other QB to play for them then It's more than likely.
I agree the place they GOT to wasn't "mediocre"--and I apologize for admittedly giving that impression by saying what I said in the way that I said it...However, the overall inconsistency, the losing to inferior teams at key moments despite our supposed edge in talent--THAT is a kind of practical let-down that results ultimately in the failure to realize potential--as individuals AND as a TEAM. Everything was falling our way; isn't that how good teams become great, become Champions, by seizing those opportunities and rising to the moment? That's certainly been the case with our football Championships--AND with their MISSED opportunities too (Remember '09? Perfect example of how this same "character factor" can bite you, send things the other way).
In the case of our football team, that rising stack of "flawed-individuals-falling-short" in retrospect explains the following teams' (ie. these last 2 years) ultimately mediocre results. In the case of our basketball team, the results were more intermittent; perhaps it's a function of the difference in the two sports, the number of players involved and each's relative importance and effect on the outcome of play, or whatever, but it sure wasn't "random" or "coincidental": this team not only consistently lost "the big game", it blew 11-point-leads in the 4th period of exactly the SAME "BIG GAME", the "Tournament Elite 8", two years in a row. Call it what you like, but I propose it happened with that certain "pattern of inevitability" for the same set of reasons as what befell the football team more systematically--the CHARACTER of a player is every bit as important as that person's skill set in determining HIS success, and even more so the team he must be a part of. Our football team's Head Coach understands this implicitly--and has responded as quickly and thoroughly as the realities of the situation allow. Now we have to hope, since he's likely the best we can get in that role, that our basketball coach now finally learns this lesson too, AND reacts accordingly. All he has to do is ask himself, with all the talent that has come through here while he's been coach, what is the ONE THING his back-to-back Championship-team had (in addition to amazing talent--but, as I say, he has had other talented teams as well--like THIS one) that the others really did not?
He's got to go after young men of character who can play as a TEAM. Again, with the fewer players that can make a difference either way, in his sport, if anything, this is even MORE important.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema