• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

On Losing Perspective

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Started streaming that old show from a few years back, "Friday Night Lights", and the one thing that struck me, really BOTHERED me, was how those small town Dillon Panther "fans" and boosters are like a microcosm of their larger-scale college counterparts--lets face it, my fear being the degree to which they sometimes remind me all too much of what must go on all the time, what has no doubt gone on with SEC faithful (and reminds me all too much of US, Gator folks, myself included, in attitude and opinion at least) over the years.
Lots I could say in looking back, if I'm self-honest, feeling more than a little ashamed at some things, who and what we put up with, looked the other way...but no point in dwelling on all that now: All we can do is live, learn and grow.
So: To start with, what I CAN do is try to do better. And my first public step in that direction is to reevaluate my take on Filiepe Franks. More to the point, give him the benefit of the doubt. The young man himSELF is "learning and growing", changing as a person and a player, right before our eyes. He LOOKS as if he is ready, willing and able to step up, lead this team in every way. And our best chance at "doin' it NOW", this season, is with Filiepe under center, in full command of his skills and familiarity with the playbook. So personally, I will support him, give him the chance to do just that.
There are other ways all this could go, and even ways we'd adapt, recover and evolve if we had to. But at this point, for now and into the start of the season, if Feliepe is healthy, he's "QB-1".

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Absolutely! Feleipe deserves our respect. After all the crap he went through with McDeathThreats and NussNuts, and the growth under Mullen, he has earned my respect. Last year he attended every quarterback camp imaginable in the off-season, and it is quite apparent that he worked diligently in the weight room under Savage. His season performance in 2018-2019 was the best we have seen with a Gator QB since Saint Timothy Richard Tebow in 2009. His performance at the end of the season after the Georgia and Missouri losses was on par with Tebow or Wuerffel's best performances.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema