• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread: Week 14: #8 Florida Gators 40, FSU Seminoles 17, 11/30/19

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
UF FSU fb1960_09_24.jpg

Saturday, November 23, 2019 at 7:30 PM on SEC Network
Steve Spurrier-Florida Field at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium

The #10 Florida Gators (9-2, 6-2) host the unranked FSU Seminoles (6-5, 4-4) for Senior Day. The Gators are looking to notch another 10-win season under coach Dan Mullen (19-5 at Florida, 88-51 overall). Both teams are coming off bye weeks coming off victories, and looking to close the regular season on a positive note. Florida is favored by 18, with the over/under at 51 points.

The Gators have the #8 FPI. Here are their FPI efficiency rankings:
  • Offense: #17
  • Defense: #11
  • Special Teams: #17
  • Overall: #10
The Noles have the #47 FPI. Here are their FPI efficiency rankings:
  • Offense: #58
  • Defense: #53
  • Special Teams: #66
  • Overall: #53
The only common opponent is Miami. The Noles lost to Miami 10-27, which was an ugly affair where both teams struggled to run the ball and the Noles struggled at everything. The Gators defeated Miami 24-20 in an ugly affair that the Gators somehow won despite struggling to run the ball. As it turns out, that little factoid has been a key concern for the Gators throughout the season.

RsJR QB Kyle Trask is the #42 quarterback in the nation, having completed 66.8% of his passes for 2,293 yards, 21 touchdowns, and 6 interceptions in 10 games. Sr RB Lamical Perine has quietly racked up 521 yards rushing in the anemic ground game. The Noles' best player is RB Cam Akers, who has exploded for 13 touchdowns on the ground and 4 through the air. James Blackman has regained the starting role from Wisconsin transfer Alex Homibrook.

The Gators have a slide edge in the series, going 35-26-2, but they have lost the last 4 in the Swamp and 7 of the last 9. Florida beat down FSU 41-14 last year at Ron Zook Field in Tallahassee. With a resounding victory this weekend, the Gators can claim another 10-win season under Dan Mullen and play their way into the Orange Bowl or Cotton Bowl. Should Dan Mullen go 2-0 against FSU in his first two years, he would join Galen Hall (1984-1985), Doug Dickey (1970-1971), Bob Woodruff (1958-1959), and Urban Meyer (2005-2006) as the only Gator coaches to do so. I predict a 41-21 victory for the Orange and Blue.

Escambia94

The following seniors will be honored this weekend:
  • 2 Lamical Perine RB 5-11 218 Sr. Mobile, Ala. / Theodore
  • 10 Josh Hammond WR 6-0 194 Sr. Hallandale, Fla. / Hallandale
  • 12 Van Jefferson WR 6-2 197 R-Sr. Brentwood, Tenn. / Ravenwood
  • 16 Freddie Swain WR 6-0 199 Sr. Ocala, Fla. / North Marion
  • 26 Michael Hart ATH 6-0 230 R-Sr. North Babylon, N.Y. / North Babylon
  • 29 Jeawon Taylor DB 6-1 206 Sr. Montgomery, Ala. / Park Crossing
  • 32 Brayton Hundley ATH 6-0 180 R-Sr. Port Orange / Atlantic
  • 33 David Reese II LB 6-1 239 Sr. Farmington, Mich. / Farmington
  • 36 Robert Clay ATH 6-0 196 R-Sr. Pensacola, Fla. / Pine Forest
  • 43 Tommy Townsend P 6-2 176 R-Sr. Orlando, Fla. / Boone
  • 44 Garrett Conner ATH 6-1 204 R-Sr. Lakeland / Lakeland
  • 46 Will Thomas ATH 5-10 239 R-Sr. Dunnellon, Fla. / Dunnellon
  • 49 Jacob Tilghman LS 6-2 214 R-Sr. Daytona Beach, Fla. / Mainland
  • 58 Jonathan Greenard LB 6-3 263 Gr. Hiram, Ga. / Hiram / Louisville
  • 66 Nick Buchanan OL 6-3 283 R-Sr. Dunwoody, Ga. / Dunwoody
  • 86 Andres Saldivar ATH 6-2 230 R-Sr. Miami, Fla. / Coral Gables Senior
  • 87 Dennis Gross ATH 6-6 240 R-Sr. Orlando, Fla. / Cypress Creek
  • 88 Adam Shuler DL 6-4 275 Gr. Longwood / Lyman
  • 89 Tyrie Cleveland WR 6-2 205 Sr. Houston, Texas / Westfield
  • 92 Jabari Zuniga DL 6-4 246 R-Sr. Marietta, Ga. / Sprayberry
  • 94 Moses Gordon III ATH 6-0 275 R-Sr. Orlando, Fla. / Cypress Creek
  • 98 Luke Ancrum DL 6-5 263 R-Sr. Sebring, Fla. / Sebring
Out of the 22 seniors, 14 are scholarship players, and 2 have already graduated.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
While this one IS a “BETTER GET IT!”-GAME, aside from the Gators’ early-game stumbling/bumbling-pattern, in general all their strengths match-up WELL against the ‘Noles’ weaknesses right now: That’s ALSO WHY the Gators SHOULD wear them DOWN, if nothing else—and eventually take this by a decent margin, even on an “OFF”-Day!
Again: Gator-strengths outweigh Nole-weaknesses even on a weak day: Our strong D couldn’t match-up much better than it already currently does, and our current offense, way it is playing (even WITHOUT much in the early running game), can roll up points with its breakout pass-to-RUN at such a pace that against a rival like this in the SWAMP, of all places, motivation and enthusiasm could/SHOULD bring a RAIN OF POINTS EARLY: I doubt a draught of scoring from Trask, Pitts & Co. in the first half; I wouldn’t be surprised to see us (FINALLY) breakOUT from that sort of frustration today, of all days: We could see Emory Jones for the bulk of the 2nd half today—and if you’ve noted how conservative Coach Dan has been with turning the reins OVER to Jones thus far, you’ll have noticed that THAT would be a rare occurrence INDEED.
I don’t predict actual SCORES, but for once, and with a certain calm (if qualified) certainty, I see this as our best and (in retrospect) most assured, WAY-MORE-THAN-THE-SPREAD victory.
A good way to end the regular season and send us on SOMEHOW TO A Superior To Last SEASON’s” BOWLGAME”!

(PS I was disappointed as last year’s post-reg-season ended, CERTAINLY in the Bowl itself; That sure didn’t HELP us (though it did turn out to be accurate—but ONLY because UNforeseeable early injuries across the Defensive board did not help but CONTRIBUTE TO PROBLEMS that probably contributed to at least ONE of our TWO losses against TOP-4, CFB-eligible Teams...
Now, we may regret “getting ahead of ourselves” here and now, but perhaps it is time to begin considering our preferences for THIS one?
Where are y’all sitting as to what you’d like to see us positioned for, looking ahead and INTO THINGS AS NEXT YEAR’s RANKINGS ARE SHAPED?
—And DON’T say it doesn’t matter, either!:
At what point do WE get inclusion in that “Final Four”—or are least its serious discussion, included on its fringes, or BETTER? ...I will understand if you prefer to wait until AFTER today’s outcome before registering your opinion...)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
View attachment 486

Saturday, November 23, 2019 at 7:30 PM on SEC Network
Steve Spurrier-Florida Field at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium

The #10 Florida Gators (9-2, 6-2) host the unranked FSU Seminoles (6-5, 4-4) for Senior Day. The Gators are looking to notch another 10-win season under coach Dan Mullen (19-5 at Florida, 88-51 overall). Both teams are coming off bye weeks coming off victories, and looking to close the regular season on a positive note. Florida is favored by 18, with the over/under at 51 points.

The Gators have the #8 FPI. Here are their FPI efficiency rankings:
  • Offense: #17
  • Defense: #11
  • Special Teams: #17
  • Overall: #10
The Noles have the #47 FPI. Here are their FPI efficiency rankings:
  • Offense: #58
  • Defense: #53
  • Special Teams: #66
  • Overall: #53
The only common opponent is Miami. The Noles lost to Miami 10-27, which was an ugly affair where both teams struggled to run the ball and the Noles struggled at everything. The Gators defeated Miami 24-20 in an ugly affair that the Gators somehow won despite struggling to run the ball. As it turns out, that little factoid has been a key concern for the Gators throughout the season.

RsJR QB Kyle Trask is the #42 quarterback in the nation, having completed 66.8% of his passes for 2,293 yards, 21 touchdowns, and 6 interceptions in 10 games. Sr RB Lamical Perine has quietly racked up 521 yards rushing in the anemic ground game. The Noles' best player is RB Cam Akers, who has exploded for 13 touchdowns on the ground and 4 through the air. James Blackman has regained the starting role from Wisconsin transfer Alex Homibrook.

The Gators have a slide edge in the series, going 35-26-2, but they have lost the last 4 in the Swamp and 7 of the last 9. Florida beat down FSU 41-14 last year at Ron Zook Field in Tallahassee. With a resounding victory this weekend, the Gators can claim another 10-win season under Dan Mullen and play their way into the Orange Bowl or Cotton Bowl. Should Dan Mullen go 2-0 against FSU in his first two years, he would join Galen Hall (1984-1985), Doug Dickey (1970-1971), Bob Woodruff (1958-1959), and Urban Meyer (2005-2006) as the only Gator coaches to do so. I predict a 41-21 victory for the Orange and Blue.
Hope you are right...
In fact, I HOPE YOU TURN OUT TO BE
UNDER-VALUING US ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL; I AM THINKING THAT IS AT LEAST POSSIBLE!!!

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I can't believe that the Gators haven't won in the Swamp since 2009 (aka Tebow's last season). Granted yes those weren't the best years in Gators history. 2013 and 2017 were losing seasons and in 2011 they barely made it to the bowl game. In 2015, the Gators were good enough to make it to the SEC Championship game but that's it. End it tonight.

awebbf5

VIP Member
That's right fsu creepers, we on our way back while you all struggle to find anyone wanting to come there.

Touchdown GATORS!

Escambia94

I can't believe that the Gators haven't won in the Swamp since 2009 (aka Tebow's last season). Granted yes those weren't the best years in Gators history. 2013 and 2017 were losing seasons and in 2011 they barely made it to the bowl game. In 2015, the Gators were good enough to make it to the SEC Championship game but that's it. End it tonight.
Time for a new streak!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Is dru dead?
Lol
No—just stuck in a roadside bar with a fucked-iPhone and car trouble: Double-BARRELED Tech Trouble on this, of ALL Gamedays!
Had to fork over $20 to get a somewhat implacable bartender to switch one of his two decent screens over to SECN; THEN you KNOW I got hit HARD replacing the battery and screen on my phone, which ensued while I watched the 2nd half on a smallish screen in the back of the store, my car on the way to my mechanic while I got a play-by-play of iPhone repair in one ear while (trying to) watch the game. Did you know your phone battery starts swelling the day it is manufactured, incremental at first but accelerating slowly with instillation, use...coupla years and it’s pushing on the case—“DO NOT OPEN, for ANY reason!” says a certified iPhone tech— Oh yes, a banner day.
BUT WE WON—“HANDILY”, AS I PREDICTED!
So “No, NOT ‘dead’—NOT YET! Still Kicking BIGTIME! ...Rushed home to see how they “play out” the highlights (image and how they cover it on CFB Final is EVERYTHING at THIS point in the season, so that seemed important to me)...but somewhat of a Letdown: I mean, I missed something here:
The TV chat-boys laughed their way through a gone-in-a-heartbeat segment that seemed to acknowledge Gator dominance—but not its importance down our way...I mean, I think we are about to finally dominate recruiting in what is arguably one of the nation’s most fertile grounds (we’ll certainly have the opportunity: gotta see what Coach Mullens plus whomever he brings in—or already HAS?—to help manage these next coupla off seasons; Openings like this come once in a generation—so RUN WITH IT, COACH DAN!!!).
Anyway, that’s the story of MY “All-Your-Karma-At-ONCE-Day”...Home now, managed it all the usual way: Threw money at the problem!
Never a fun option—but fortunate insofar as I had it and DIDN’T “Bottom Out”, thankyou all very much!
Go Gators!!!
Now: What Bowl do we hope for?
Sugar seems the “Natural”—but Orange against against a contender...We COULD end up matched up with Alabama: NOT exactly a simple celebratory and triumphant march home—but a REAL OPPORTUNITY to “announce ourselves with AUTHORITY” on the largest possible college football stage!
Do we hope for THAT chance? Or settle for confetti and pre-ordered streamers against a more likely “victim” (almost anyone OTHER than The Tide, in comparison!)?
Depends on how much confidence you really have in this Gator team and program, here and now...
But I’m just throwing it all out there—we don't have to really worry about or consider ANY of that now:
That’ll be for the days/weeks ahead.
But HEY! Thanks for noticing my absence, and asking after me!
And again:
GO GATORS!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
It has been great all day. FSU fans are easier to get along with when they think their team is about to get crushed.
Funny how that works—but much as we hate their school, I have never found them as dangerously obnoxious as Miami Fans, who’ll come to YOUR house and throw their weight around—and if they are out-weighed in talent they are only that much MORE “dangerously obnoxious” as the beer (etc) flows...
Oh, Noles MORE than make up for their tale-between-the-legs lack of arrogance at OUR place if/when you show up at THEIR PLACE in years when we’re competitive—and if/when they are flying high nationally they are absolutely INSUFFERABLE—so whatever love and/or generosity you are feeling, I advise you to TEMPER it. In fact, generally I SAY “KICK ‘EM WHEN THEY ARE DOWN!!!” Oh, not in anything but a relaxed, GATOR-sortaway—but not letting UP concerning our current superiority either.

Escambia94

Funny how that works—but much as we hate their school, I have never found them as dangerously obnoxious as Miami Fans, who’ll come to YOUR house and throw their weight around—and if they are out-weighed in talent they are only that much MORE “dangerously obnoxious” as the beer (etc) flows...
Oh, Noles MORE than make up for their tale-between-the-legs lack of arrogance at OUR place if/when you show up at THEIR PLACE in years when we’re competitive—and if/when they are flying high nationally they are absolutely INSUFFERABLE—so whatever love and/or generosity you are feeling, I advise you to TEMPER it. In fact, generally I SAY “KICK ‘EM WHEN THEY ARE DOWN!!!” Oh, not in anything but a relaxed, GATOR-sortaway—but not letting UP concerning our current superiority either.
Back in the Bowden days, I got along with Nole fans. When Dumbo Fisher took over, their fans changed—even before they started winning. Cane fans, on the other hand, have always been hard to get along with. This weekend I would not say that I got along with the Nole fans, but I would say it was easier to tolerate them.

I overheard some opinions they have of the Gator Nation:
  • They like our town and its restaurants
  • They like the fan traditions
  • They are definitely envious of the success we found with Mullen
  • They would rather be at UCF now (there is even video of FSU band members cheering for UCF!)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema