• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Not a Good Rumour - Lane rethinking final decision

Ga8or22

Eventis sultorum magister.
http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/on-the-trail/post?id=49673

ORLANDO -- Four-star wide receiver Ermon Lane (Homestead, Fla./Homestead) has been committed to Florida since August but the No. 28-ranked player in the country could be wavering on his pledge to the Gators.

And some of Florida’s rivals could be in a position to make a move for the nation’s No. 2 receiver prospect.

I’m about 80 percent committed to Florida,” Lane said. "It’s solid, but I’ve been looking in to other schools like Florida State, Miami and Alabama.”

Lane said Florida has done nothing wrong, it’s more about other schools making a strong push.

"They just have to recruit me harder than Florida to get me to flip,” he said. "At first they were recruiting me hard -- well -- they are still recruiting me hard, but other schools have just stepped up to the plate.”

The ESPN 300 pass-catcher doesn’t plan to take any other official visits before announcing on national signing day. Playing time will be a factor, but he sees opportunity at each of the schools.

"I see an opportunity to play at all of those schools,” Lane said. “You just have to go in and put in the work and you can play as freshman."

Florida, meanwhile, just hired a new offensive coordinator, Kurt Roper, but Lane said he has not spoken to the new play-caller. He did, however, talk to Florida head coach Will Muschamp about what direction the Florida offense is heading.

“He just said they just want to spread the ball around,” Lane said, "and try and get the ball to the playmakers."

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Try not to get caught up in the fickle decisions of an 18-year old kid. Yes, he is a playmaker and could help the Gators, but he needs to be happy wherever he goes. As for those weirdos that spend all their free time stalking 18-year old kids on Twitter and Facebook and harassing them for choosing other schools...those are the crazy fans that give the rest of us a bad reputation, and they are the ones that get broadcast on the media as representing the rest of us.

Truth be told, Ermon Lane will succeed anywhere he goes. I get the impression that he is too much of a primadonna to fit well at Florida unless he gets along well with the other players who will keep him focused on school and football. I might be wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema