• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

My Latest Theory...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
As per the title here, “my latest theory” is simply this:
Like myself, EVERYONE IS GETTING LAZY...and fed up!
At least when it comes to fans and supposed “media experts”—and let’s face it, these latter folks are really just “more folks like us” who have had the luck and/or brains to figure or maneuver a way to get PAID to do it!
What’s there to “figure out” here?
Between the election, Covid, and the overlapping and to some extent interwoven effects and repercussions of BOTH, we’re ALL fed up with having to analyze and further figure the meaning of EVERY DAMN WRINKLE WE CONTINUE TO BE PRESENTED WITH.
So whenever some latest conundrum is placed in front of us—in this case the whole tangled “oranges and apples” paradox this season’s CFB Playoff rankings in general place before us, the “Top Six” having to eventually be pared into a “Top Four”, and how to do that “FAIRLY”, well, the easiest thing to do is to JUST COP OUT:
That is, knowing that schedules and eventual “results on the field” WILL more or less SETTLE the matter, EVERYONE SAYS AND DOES NOTHING: Leave things the way they are, look the other way, and hope for the best—which “the odds” say will almost “with inevitable certainty” resolve.
It is neither particularly brave nor satisfying, but it IS easier, and effective, in practical terms.
Oh, it makes the current and following weeks awkward—but it ALSO stimulates “discussion and controversy”, which is another general aim here as well...And so, it can be (and WILL be) argued by some, is in FACT “a good thing”!
So I guess we’d be best off not getting caught up in it:
We Gators had already accepted the basic proposition by at least a coupla games BACK that it was down to that ANYWAY: Win out our regular schedule, meet Bama in the SEC Championship—and then, WIN THAT. Do so, and we go from there.
Take it all in stride, keep evolving, growing as a TEAM, and who KNOWS our potential limits??!
Frankly, I like our attitude—the way we’ve seemed to calmly “shoulder the LOAD” together, as a TEAM...and just kept working, doing what needed doing, game to game, quarter to quarter, play to PLAY if necessary!
Keep that up, and I won’t MAKE any predictions. Won’t HAVE to.
We will find OUT for ourselves, in steady and determined fashion, just how much we are capable of, how FAR we might be capable of going.
I find that at THIS point, at least, I am feeling great pride in this team, all its squads. Healthy and hunkering down TOGETHER, they are more and more it seems a tough and determined UNIT, finding strength within and among themselves—expecting little to be “given to them” and willing to WORK HARD TO ACHIEVE WHATEVER THEY CAN.
Fight ON, FIGHTIN’ GATORS!
Don’t. Back. Down.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Mine is if Clemson wins the rematch against Notre Dame in the ACC Championship Game, both are going in. The Committee is going to pick a one-loss Notre Dame in. Also, Ohio State will more than likely get in.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mine is if Clemson wins the rematch against Notre Dame in the ACC Championship Game, both are going in. The Committee is going to pick a one-loss Notre Dame in. Also, Ohio State will more than likely get in.
...UNLESS we beat Bama: Everything else holds, goes the way you project, but we win in ATLANTA and I suspect the contortions The CFB Playoff Committee is apparently willing to put itself through go out the window after ALL...suddenly all those rationales and compromises are left in the rear view, even “changed rules” forgotten, ignored, rendered irrelevant and moot as 2020’s final “dagger to the heart” is delivered:
A “double DOUBLE” “SEC/ACC” “pair of PAIRS” are named to “The Playoff Dance” this time after all—and forever MORE?
Imagine the HOWLING out there!
THAT itself might precipitate a premature expansion to what would ultimately OTHERWISE (according to many) be the “inevitable eventual reality” ANYWAY: An EIGHT TEAM Playoff NEXT year—and ever after!
...a premature OVER-reaction, I’ll grant you, but NOT any real surprise (except its complete and reactionary SUDDENESS!!!)
That’s how fast and THOROUGHLY THINGS CAN GO OFF THE RAILS in a crazy world in a time of confusion and conflict, in case y’all hadn’t already NOTICED!
One more reminder (as if we NEEDED ANY) of why we should ALL take a collective “DEEP BREATH”and TRY TO THINK things THROUGH—consider, calmly and clearly.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
...UNLESS we beat Bama: Everything else holds, goes the way you project, but we win in ATLANTA and I suspect the contortions The CFB Playoff Committee is apparently willing to put itself through go out the window after ALL...suddenly all those rationales and compromises are left in the rear view, even “changed rules” forgotten, ignored, rendered irrelevant and moot as 2020’s final “dagger to the heart” is delivered:
A “double DOUBLE” “SEC/ACC” “pair of PAIRS” are named to “The Playoff Dance” this time after all—and forever MORE?
Imagine the HOWLING out there!
THAT itself might precipitate a premature expansion to what would ultimately OTHERWISE (according to many) be the “inevitable eventual reality” ANYWAY: An EIGHT TEAM Playoff NEXT year—and ever after!
...a premature OVER-reaction, I’ll grant you, but NOT any real surprise (except its complete and reactionary SUDDENESS!!!)
That’s how fast and THOROUGHLY THINGS CAN GO OFF THE RAILS in a crazy world in a time of confusion and conflict, in case y’all hadn’t already NOTICED!
One more reminder (as if we NEEDED ANY) of why we should ALL take a collective “DEEP BREATH”and TRY TO THINK things THROUGH—consider, calmly and clearly.

That's why I didn't have an SEC team there yet because we're not there yet. The Gators are set to play Bama in the SEC title game. I think the Gators can do damage against Bama's D though they need a balance game. Also, I rather see Texas A&M than Ohio State but the committee will more than likely pick Ohio State because of prestige. I'm sure Mullen would have much like do win that game against Saban.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I can easily see Ohio State being left out because they did not play well against their only team over .500. Not that these are official, but analysts on ESPN, SEC Network, and various sites online are leaning towards dropping Ohio State unless they make a big statement in the B1G Championship Game—if it happens. Of course there is a bit more football to play, but regardless of what COVID has done the CFP will still choose the teams with the best resumes who are peaking at the right time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema