• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Meyer recruiting better than Zook ?

sammy

VIP Member
Everyone hailed Zook as the best recruiter in the country. They say that we won the championship with all of Zook's players. Well, what do people have to say now that Meyer is cleaning house and grabbing every 5 star player in sight?

I think down the line Meyer will be a much better recruiter than Zook.

PhD Gator

Super Moderator
I would DEFINITELY say Meyer is a better recruiter. As far as the rankings of the classes and the number of star players they may be pretty similar, but Meyer knows how to recruit a balanced class and one that will fit his system. Zook just went after the most stars he could possibly get without paying attention to anything else. Meyer is a much better recruiter as far as putting together a team that he can coach and win with.

lilChomp

VIP Member
Maybe Meyer is expecting a lot of his underclassmen to go pro. If we keep having top 5 seasons, we will lose a lot of players early. By continuely restocking our team with 4 and 5 star players we are ensuring ourselves of fielding a competitive team for years to come.

Zook was an amazing recruiter. That's pretty much all he had going for him. He had at least one or two #1 recruiting classes during his few years here.

However, I think Meyer is something else. He is straight up robbing other teams of their commitments. I've never seen anything like this.

Swampman

VIP Member
Meyer, hands down. Only time will tell in how good Zook is at recruiting. If he can turn around Illinois, then you have to give him props. But Florida has the be one of the easiest schools to recruit for.

UGAsucks

VIP Member
living in Illini country ive seen what Zook has done, bringing in Juice and all, but seeing what Meyer has done else where its still a tough call i'll have to wait a few season before i decide

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema