• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Marreese Speights

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Marreese Speights really impressed me last night. He has been my favorite Gator player all year, and he scored 8 points towards the end of the first half of 4-4 shooting. He is one of the reasons we won the game. Maybe he will get some more well deserved playing time now.

In Urban I Trust

Bull Gator
favorite player?? i dont know how you can say that with the other 5 starters we have. i do feel that he will have to play a more integral role esp since he will be a prime part of our team next year.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
favorite player?? i dont know how you can say that with the other 5 starters we have. i do feel that he will have to play a more integral role esp since he will be a prime part of our team next year.

I like our other players, but I have always liked Marreese as a player since he was in high school.

PhD Gator

Super Moderator
yeah, I've been a huge fan of Speights all year as well. I think he has a ton of potential and I don't really understand why he doesn't get more PT over Werner.

In Urban I Trust

Bull Gator
yeah, I've been a huge fan of Speights all year as well. I think he has a ton of potential and I don't really understand why he doesn't get more PT over Werner.

different position. and less depth for corey brewer. noah, horford and richard; 2/3 should be on the floor at all times.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
different position. and less depth for corey brewer. noah, horford and richard; 2/3 should be on the floor at all times.

I agree with that some what, but in the Kentucky game, where Horford and Noah were in foul trouble half the game, I think Speights should of gotten some playing time.

blueshoesnb

VIP Member
I like the white kid sorry I dont know his name but I think its wagner?!? the 6'7 freshman. I like the way hes a true guard and can shoot when most 6'7 college kids are forwards, reminds me of tmac 6'8 droppin 3's

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
I like the white kid sorry I dont know his name but I think its wagner?!? the 6'7 freshman. I like the way hes a true guard and can shoot when most 6'7 college kids are forwards, reminds me of tmac 6'8 droppin 3's

Werner is a 6'7" small forward, and he hasn't played well at all this year. He is shooting .308% from the field.

blueshoesnb

VIP Member
ah w somethin

yeah I know he hasnt but watch how he many times he shoots while he is in there, its sick. but he plays like a true guard, thats what I like hes 6'7 and gets matched up with guys greens size and next year when he gets alot of time he will learn how to take advantage. no not now hes nothing to brag about he misses alot, hes not the smartest basketball player again but hes a freshie still. I look for him to be big down the road in years to come.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
I agree with that some what, but in the Kentucky game, where Horford and Noah were in foul trouble half the game, I think Speights should of gotten some playing time.

I couldn't agree more. I was confused all game why Werner was getting all the playing time, especially when the gators were up by 10+ points.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
I couldn't agree more. I was confused all game why Werner was getting all the playing time, especially when the gators were up by 10+ points.

Yea. Maybe after the game yesterday we will see Marreese get some more playing time. I read that his teammates have a new nickname for him: "Instant Offense." I think I like it.

blueshoesnb

VIP Member
hah thats a good one. hes going to be a very very very productive player next year. its almost sad that he has to sit the bench cause of all the talent but at the same time its great haha

ilovegators

VIP Member
Noah had to sit on the bench a lot his freshman year too and look what happened to him. As long as Speights can take in and learn from the experience, it will only benefit him down the road.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Noah had to sit on the bench a lot his freshman year too and look what happened to him. As long as Speights can take in and learn from the experience, it will only benefit him down the road.

Speights is already better than Noah was as a freshman. He already has two double doubles. And in my opinion he already has great post moves. Great player, great athlete.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema