• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Leaving on a jet plane

awebbf5

VIP Member
Well I will be flying into Sanford tonight and headed to the game Saturday. Each year for our trip I try to stock up on gator gear for the year, does anyone have suggestions on the best stores to hit in Gainesville?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well I will be flying into Sanford tonight and headed to the game Saturday. Each year for our trip I try to stock up on gator gear for the year, does anyone have suggestions on the best stores to hit in Gainesville?
Cool you'll be at this one. You heard Mullen's RE-call for the Swamp to be packed and CRAZY for this one--actually spent a coupla minutes at his presser Monday making the case for why it makes a difference, played a part in our "undeniable homefield advantage" back when he was OC, and how winning at home is one of the fundamental underpinnimgs of establishing a program at the top of the SEC. If last week was the "face reality" game as to where we were really AT in our return to the TOP , how far we've come (REALLY far--even thin, battered and severely limited at QB, we damn near won that game--until it all caught up with us in the 4th qtr) and what's still holding us back ("thin, battered and severely limited at QB", basically), then THIS weekend's game is one that will determine what we still have left to play for this year--and whether we really do have the talent, heart and guts to pull it back together and finish stromg after all.
In fact, I'd go as far as to say that this Saturday's outcome, and hence everything else, will to a large degree DEPEND upon a big, loud "wild'n'CRAZY" showing by our crowd in the Swamp. I was already thinking about whether I could manage a last-second, "fly in/fly out" thing myself! I don't know if this was one you planned some time ago--but you may have picked/lucked into one of those "pivotal moments" to make it there for your "annual pilgrimage" this time, aweb...
Be loud, have a blast--and if you think of it (and have a sec), send us a pic (and maybe note anything that strikes you as worth sharing) ingame!
(As for gearing-up, I'm pretty well thinking the same thing as Escambia94: TOO many options and changes--Everything I considered has the ring of "obvious", nothing in the "insider tip" category...Remember: the closer you get to G-ville, the more choices you'll have, though--The more time you have before gametime, the more patient you can and should be--Might turn out that a shop out at one of the coupla "newest biggest" malls might have all you need and more, rather than the Stadium store (but you gotta at least try to stop in there, too, of course...Check it out online, too--MIGHT find a place in town you wanna check out THAT way...just brainstorming here).
Have a great time, bra'.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
If you want genuine gear, the on-campus bookstore is the best place to window shop, then grab it online at 25% lower cost. This works well if you are also wandering around campus.

Gator Mania is what my friends recommend, but they did not say why.

awebbf5

VIP Member
Thanks guys.
Yeah dru I have had my annual trip planned for about 8 months, My favorite time of year. We went to fun spot today. Not sure what we will get into tomorrow but am thinking about catching a magic game.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Thanks guys.
Yeah dru I have had my annual trip planned for about 8 months, My favorite time of year. We went to fun spot today. Not sure what we will get into tomorrow but am thinking about catching a magic game.
Excellent--Do all you can: Might as well, now that y'all are there. I NEED to make a trip there myself: Been waiting for "the right moment in the right season"--and certainly did NOT expect it THIS year...Even as things rapidly changed, evolved this fall, I admit I've been behind the curve of growing hope and optimism:Too many let downs among the long procession of players and coaches saying/doing what seemed at the time "all the right stuff".. I HAD been thinking I might at least see our boys play in person, there with a full-on Gator crowd maybe in New Orleans this New Years (THAT'S only less-than-12hours-away from me here: NOT The Swamp, of course, but more than I'd been motivated to manage in YEARS)...I'd consider making the FSU game (got a feeling we might lay a satisfying beat-down on them this time) IF it were in The Swamp, but alas...
Anyway, tomorrow's game is a BIG ONE far as this season's remaining possibilities--and probably pivotal in keeping the gathering momentum of our more'n'more "rushing return to relevance" going, helping to establish a continuimg "feedback loop" affecting recruiting and all the rest as a result.
I do have the urge to watch the game with other Gators, at least: Think I may head down to Champions in Downtown Austin--the local bar/restaurant that is the current (and fairly longtime) location each Gator Gameday for the Austin "Gator Alumni Watch Party"--laptop and assorted smartphones toted with me: Get there early, stake out a table in a corner, tip the waitress liberally--and "see y'all then"!.
Meanwhile, you continue to have a blast, aweb--and above all,
GO GATORS!!!

awebbf5

VIP Member
Excellent--Do all you can: Might as well, now that y'all are there. I NEED to make a trip there myself: Been waiting for "the right moment in the right season"--and certainly did NOT expect it THIS year...Even as things rapidly changed, evolved this fall, I admit I've been behind the curve of growing hope and optimism:Too many let downs among the long procession of players and coaches saying/doing what seemed at the time "all the right stuff".. I HAD been thinking I might at least see our boys play in person, there with a full-on Gator crowd maybe in New Orleans this New Years (THAT'S only less-than-12hours-away from me here: NOT The Swamp, of course, but more than I'd been motivated to manage in YEARS)...I'd consider making the FSU game (got a feeling we might lay a satisfying beat-down on them this time) IF it were in The Swamp, but alas...
Anyway, tomorrow's game is a BIG ONE far as this season's remaining possibilities--and probably pivotal in keeping the gathering momentum of our more'n'more "rushing return to relevance" going, helping to establish a continuimg "feedback loop" affecting recruiting and all the rest as a result.
I do have the urge to watch the game with other Gators, at least: Think I may head down to Champions in Downtown Austin--the local bar/restaurant that is the current (and fairly longtime) location each Gator Gameday for the Austin "Gator Alumni Watch Party"--laptop and assorted smartphones toted with me: Get there early, stake out a table in a corner, tip the waitress liberally--and "see y'all then"!.
Meanwhile, you continue to have a blast, aweb--and above all,
GO GATORS!!!

Thanks dru. We just got back from the magic game. It was fun , my first nba game but tomorrow is the real fun game!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema