• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

LBG's Top 25 RB's

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
After my groundbreaking, earth shattering QB ranking thread, I sat down and contemplated the best way to follow it up. After several sleepless hours, I decided the most plausible next step was to rank the nation's top running backs. One of the things that surprised me while I was compiling my list was the fact that several teams have more than one back on here. Talk about spoils going to the victors.

Enjoy!

1. Jahvid Best Califronia- Best is widely regarded as the best back in the country. He's so good, that often the argument over running backs this year begins with who should be number 2. Best and the Bears provide the biggest threat to USC's continued dominance in the PAC-10.
2. Noel Devine West Virginia- Devine is a freak of nature. He's small and extremely elusive. I can't help but to think of Barry Sanders when I watch him play. West Virginia should not skip a beat this season without Pat White, mainly due to the fact that they still have Devine in the backfield.
3. C.J. Spiller Clemson- Spiller's numbers should increase greatly this season thanks to the departure of backfield mate James Davis. I still think this guy should be in Gainesville.
4. Kendall Hunter Oklahoma St.- The Cowboys have the best triple threat in the nation. Kendall Hunter at RB, Zac Robinson at QB and Dez Bryant at WR. It's a shame they play in the same division as Texas and Oklahoma.
5. DeMarco Murray Oklahoma- Speaking of Oklahoma, the Sooner fans that flooded GE before the national championship and then suddenly disappeared after would be pleased to see where I ranked their guy Murray on this list.
6. Darrell Scott Colorado- I ranked Scott in the top ten last season as a true freshman. He did not disappoint. His numbers will improve dramatically this season as he takes over as the feature back for the Buffs.
7. Joe McKnight USC- You wanna know how spoiled USC is? Joe McKnight doesn't even start for the Trojans. Yet I have no problem ranking him in my top ten.
8. Anthony Dixon Mississippi St.- I admittedly have Dixon ranked way too high. However, I've said it before, AD is my favorite non-Gator in the country. I just love the way this guy runs. I hope Dan Mullen doesn't shy away from pounding Dixon up the middle.
9. Charles Scott LSU- LSU is another program spoiled with great backs. However, I think Scott is the only one capable of dominating a game by himself. That's why he's the only Tiger to make my list.
10. LaGarrette Blount Oregon- I still can't believe Blount chose to play for the Ducks because of their uniforms! Oregon lucked out on one hell of a running back.
11. Chris Rainey Florida- Rainey is another back that actually might not even start for his team. If he doesn't, it won't take very long for him to get into the game.
12. Jonathan Dwyer Georgia Tech- Outside of Anthony Dixon, Dwyer may be the hardest runner in this group. He fits perfectly into Paul Johnson's offensive scheme.
13. Dan Herron Ohio St.- Herron, Brandon Saine and Terrell Pryor in the same backfield make the Buckeyes a very dangerous team this season. Especially in the Big Eleven.
14. Eugene Jarvis Kent St.- Write it down. Eugene Jarvis will lead the nation in rushing this season. Too bad he'll have no help at all from the rest of the team.
15. Chris Brown Oklahoma- Brown showed off his talents in last season's title game. Murray should still start for the Sooners, but their high powered offense will give Brown plenty of opportunities to tote the rock.
16. Harvey Unga BYU- Unga is another one of those extremely tough runners. He's often overlooked on the Cougar offense thanks to the presence of Max Hall.
17. Evan Royster Penn St.- With almost no experienced receivers at Penn St. this season, the Nittany Lions may have to rely on Royster a little more than they did last year. That's good news for Royster's draft stock.
18. Stafon Johnson USC- Johnson is the aforementioned starting running back at SC. You have to be good if you're keeping a guy like Joe McKinght from starting.
19. Jacquizz Rodgers Oregon St.- Rodgers is the diminutive back most famous for destroying USC's vaunted defense last season. That game was no aberration. This little guy can ball!
20. Michael Smith Arkansas- Smith might not be making the Arkansas faithful forget all about Darren McFadden and Felix Jones, but he's certainly holding up without them. Gator fans remember Smith, as he torched the Florida defense for over 100 yards rushing last season.
21. Mark Ingram Alabama- Ingram had a stellar freshman season last year. I expect him to follow that up with an even more exceptional year this season.
22. Mikell Simpson Virginia- There are a lot of people out there who have not seen Simpson play yet. I suggest you find a game tape of this guy and pop it in. He is absolutely amazing.
23. Jeff Demps Florida- Well there's no question who the fastest guy on this list is. That honor goes to Jeff Demps. Will he get the honor of starting for the Gators as well?
24. Brandon Saine Ohio St.- See Dan Herron.
25. Roy Helu, Jr. Nebraska- Helu IS Nebraska's offense. I almost feel bad that this guy is stuck in Lincoln. Hopefully he'll garner a little more recognition this season.

Others Considered: Andre Anderson Tulane; Daniel Dufrene Illinois; Zach Brown Wisconsin; John Clay Wisconsin; Da'Rel Scott Maryland; Jake Sharp Kansas; Ben Tate Auburn; Monterio Hardesty Tennessee; Damion Fletcher Southern Miss; Derrick Washington Missouri

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema