• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

LBG's Top 25 QB's

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
I like to break things down a lot. This is especially true when it comes to college football. I've decided to rank the top 25 quarterbacks in all of college football coming into this season. You'll notice an abundance of dual threat quarterbacks, as I feel they provide a significant advantage for their respective teams in today's game.

Here ya go. Sorry Tennessee fans, but there's no Jonathan Crompton to be found anywhere near this list.

1.Tim Tebow Florida- Tebow is the best leader in college football. and leadership is the most important aspect of being a quarterback. Two national titles and a Heisman don't hurt either.

2.Sam Bradford Oklahoma- Bradford is without a doubt the best pure passer in college football. He'll be battling Tebow this season for his second Heisman.

3.Colt McCoy Texas- I still believe McCoy deserved the Heisman over Bradford las season. I guess the overabundance of OU backers who voted were just too much for him to overcome. He'll have another shot at the trophy this season.

4.Zac Robinson Oklahoma St.- Does any truly great QB get overlooked more in the entire nation than Zac Robinson? No. The guy has consistently broken records at OSU. But he has been overlooked within his own conference thanks to McCoy and Bradford. Because of Bradford, Robinson isn't even talked about in his own state. Also, thanks to his coaches now infamous rant, Robinson usually isn't even the first QB associated with his own team.

5.Jevan Snead Ole Miss- Jevan Snead falls into the same overlooked category that Zac Robinson does. If Snead can get his Rebels into the SEC Championship game, all that can change for good.

6.Terrelle Pryor Ohio St.- Pryor is a freakish athlete. Because Ohio St. will probably run straight through the Big Eleven once again, Pryor should be in contention for the Heisman trophy all season long.

7.Juice Williams Illinois- I still think Williams is the better college QB than Pryor at this point. However the guy makes too many dumb decisions.

8.Max Hall BYU- Hall is the class of the Non-BCS QB's. However, the gap between him and others has closed significantly since last season.

9.Todd Reesing Kansas- Reesing is another QB that is often overlooked thanks to his contemporaries in the Big XII. He should get more play this season thanks to the departure of rival Chase Daniel.

10.Kellen Moore Boise St.- Kellen Moore is quickly making Bronco fans forget all about Jared Zabransky. I expect Boise St. to crash the BCS this season, and Kellen Moore is a big reason for that.

11.Darryl Clark Penn St.- Clark lost a few weapons from last season's Nittany Lion squad. He does have the tools to lead the offense on his own however. So I expect JoePa to increase his lead over Bobby Bowden.

12.Rusty Smith Florida Atlantic- This might be a surprise pick for some of you, but Rusty Smith is a bona-fide star. He might be a better pure passer than Max Hall, but his size is a concern.

13.Riley Skinner Wake Forest- Skinner may have been in the news recently for some of the wrong reasons, but his on the field production is undeniable. I have no problem saying that Skinner is the most accurate passer on this list.

14.Dan LeFevour Central Michigan- Last year I gave Matt Grothe the moniker of a Poor Man's Tebow. I feel LeFevour has wrestled that title away from him this season. I think the Heisman committee should really look into inviting this kid to New York this season.

15.Matt Grothe South Florida- Speakinf of Grothe. I may be reaching a bit by ranking him this high. He will definitely have to improve his decision making ability to get the Bulls playing at a high level once again.

16.Case Keenum Houston- Case Kennum lit it up last season in the Cougs first season without head coach Art Briles. Keenum should put up the same monster numbers this season.

17.Robert Griffin II Baylor- Speaking of Art Briles. His QB at Baylor isn't too shabby either. How good is Griffin? If he were at Ohio St. there would definitely be a quarterback controversy.

18.Jake Locker Washington- Locker has slipped a bit since my last rankings due to his injury. We'll see if a new coaching staff can get him playing up to his level finally.

19.Russell Wilson North Carolina St.- Anyone know the name of the last QB that Tom O'Brien had that surged late at the end of a season? Matt Ryan. That's all I'm saying...

20.Colin Kaepernick Nevada- Everytime I watch Nevada play, this guy does something that literally makes my jaw drop. If you haven't seen him play yet, hit up youtube. Now!

21.Tony Pike Cincinnati- Tony Pike came on strong last season. The semblance of a QB battle this Spring at Cincy can only help his development.

22.Trevor Vittatoe UTEP- It's a shame that Vittatoe might leave college football without never having a winning season. He deserves better than that.

23.Jimmy Clausen Notre Dame- I really didn't want to put Jimmy Clausen on this list. I hate Notre Dame, and I really don't like Clausen. However, I think Clausen might have a very good season this year with some experienced receivers at his disposal.

24.Thaddeus Lewis Duke-David Cutcliffe made a very good QB great last season with Thaddeus Lewis. What do you expect from a guy that coached Eli Manning.

25.Bill Stull Pittsburgh- Stull mainly makes this list because of the receivers he has to throw to. Jonathan Baldwin and Oderick Turner can make any QB look good. Especially one as good as Stull.

Others to be considered: Ryan Mallett Arkansas; Adam Weber Minnesota, Cody Hawkins Colorado; Austen Arnaud Iowa St,; Tyrod Taylor Virginia Tech; Josh Nesbitt Georgia Tech; Jeremiah Masoli Oregon; Boo Jackson Ohio; Chandler Harnish Northern Illinois; Riley Dodge North Texas

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
This is pretty cool, the only big difference I would have is Dan LeFevour a few spots closer to the top. He is a beast.

And I completely agree with every word on #23

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema