• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Jones and Scott

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Although I don't have inside confirmation; I have heard numerous things out of these two players and from other people that are insiders that has lead me to believe we will sign both of them.

From what I've heard, Julio is down to Florida and Oklahoma and wants to play in the SEC. I heard we lead for him. Plus hearing he has been wearing Florida gear. I think he get him. BTW, he eliminated Alabama. So they are out of it.

And on Darrell; Right now his top two is Colorado and Texas, with Texas having the big advantage. This scared me. But later on in an interview he said himself "Florida can grab the lead if they show me a good time." That tells me he wants to come here, but he still has to be convinced we are everything he thinks we are. I have no doubt in my mind Urban and company will pull out the red carpet and show this guy the best time he has ever had on a visit. He will come back from it wowed.

Now I'm not an expert, but I seriously am betting we get the #1 WR in Julio Jones and the #1 RB in Darrell Scott.

Go Gators!:D

J-ville Gator

VIP Member
While I hope you're right, it seems he (scott) keeps on puting off a visit. If he doesn't show up on the 18th. (big visit weekend for UF) then I don't see him visiting at all. I hope I'm wrong.

PhD Gator

Super Moderator
It sounds like we are done in the Jones sweepstakes. Rumor has it that he is going to be signing with Oklahoma. But, its hard to count this one as over with the way he has been so quiet about his recruiting.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
It sounds like we are done in the Jones sweepstakes. Rumor has it that he is going to be signing with Oklahoma. But, its hard to count this one as over with the way he has been so quiet about his recruiting.

Yeah. I know.

When I posted that things were looking good for both. But that is just how recruiting is. These kids change their minds so much, even they aren't sure where they are going till the end.

So It looks like this is what will happen:

Scott- Texas
Jones- Oklahoma

FLGAT

Gator Fan
The following message is for GATORGUY.

1) "I don't have inside confirmation". - This is what you started the thread with and that is what you should have ended the thread with since it was abundantly clear that this was the case.

2) "BTW, he eliminated Alabama. So they are out of it." - I would ask for a source on this statement but I remembered that you didn't have any inside confirmation so I just laughed instead.

3) "But that is just how recruiting is. These kids change their minds so much, even they aren't sure where they are going till the end." - This is my favorite of all the ridiculous statements you've made on this thread (trust me, it was hard to narrow it down to three). "These kids change their minds so much" is to assume that Julio Jones has been anything other than the tightest lipped recruit in the nation. He has in no way given any indication of where he was going to sign and has continued to proclaim one thing.... I will not decided until NSD. So what's this "kids change their minds so much" crap. He never said he was going to be a gator so how did he change his mind?

With all that said I don't want to be disrespectful since I'm on your board but this is not much more than pure propaganda to tickle your own ears. Who knows where Julio Jones will go? Not me! And I can say that with assurance because I don't have any inside information on the issue.

FLGAT

Gator Fan
At least we'll still have a great recruiting class even if they don't sign.

This statement is correct. It's actually correct on two accounts. It's correct for Florida, and Alabama.

Without Julio Jones signing with Alabama or (in this case) Florida, they both have a top 5 (arguably top 3) recruiting class. The University of Florida should be proud and very excited about the athletes that are committed to going to their school, I know Alabama is excited about the ones who are committed to going to theirs.

3 top 5 recruiting classes (easily) in a row is awesome! Things are looking up for the Gators! Not that it is a surprise since Meyer signed on.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema