• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

In My Dreams

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This could be a LOOOONNNNG list—but for now I only have the one main overwhelming fantasy:
For AR to be fine, and able to fulfill what turns out to be what was always a secret part of Mullen’s hidden plan to shock Bama and THE WORLD (not to mention a whole lot of us Gator fans too, by the way), when he and Grantham pull out all the fluky stops vs The Tide this Saturday.
That has ALWAYS been what it would take to actually BEAT Bama now. And I KNOW that NOTHING could make us all more ecstatically happy than to see us SOMEHOW beat them Saturday.
Now, I know what “everyone” out there is saying about this...
And I’m still inclined to listen to (and normally GO with) our Coach on this specific issue, for exactly the anticipated reasons.
But there are other signs and portents, not to mention situational details that say otherwise. Hell, there’s the little matter of the clear fact that “playing by the book” we have practically NO CHANCE!
So I’m going with my “dream”.
I mean, if we go down late in some flaming, glory-grabbing see-saw battle I can EASILY LIVE WITH THAT!
What about y’all?
After these first two performances, I don’t hold out much hope at our fully stepping into the elite spotlight this season, after all.
But we do now have a real opportunity to see “what we got and where we’re going”—and begin to answer whether we’ll likely get “THERE” soon.
To find out exactly where not just our team but our COACH is at, and what HIS attitude and level of determination really is.
Is HE ready to put it all on the line? If NOT now, WHEN?
(Of course, as I have said, AR pulling up holding his hammy on that last long TD run gives him cover, if AR DOESN’T play. We then may NEVER know “what MIGHT have been”, nor the truth of “Why?”: If that’s how it plays out, none of it is settled now after all. Maybe that’s the “safer road”, in the long run.
And if AR-15 is truly gimped, it is probably the RIGHT move as well.
“BUT...”
Yeah. That huge and cautionary qualification remains.
So I ask:
“What about y’all??!”
How do YOU see this?

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Honestly, I would start Jones against Bama. I know I know but I would not start Richardson against the number one team even if healthy. I would wait to have him start against Tennessee. I rather not have a quarterback make his first start against the best team but that's me.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Honestly, I would start Jones against Bama. I know I know but I would not start Richardson against the number one team even if healthy. I would wait to have him start against Tennessee. I rather not have a quarterback make his first start against the best team but that's me.
The more I think about it, the more I agree...and the more I figure Coach M sees it that way too—Has all along.
Perhaps the collective “controversy/mixed feelings” in Gator Nation has to do with the fear that maybe he would be in that frame of mind NO MATTER WHAT.
However, the fact remains that given everything that has in fact been seen so far (including AR’s pulling up slightly lame in the hammy on that last spectacular run), there’s little doubt it’s “the right move” at this point. That it ALSO gives Mullen “cover” for doing so, “playing it safe” as it were, makes it all the more likely.
Big “BUT” though:
There is a strong undercurrent, a certain suspicion that for us to have ANY CHANCE AT ALL AT VICTORY might well rest on some sort of “roll of the dice”—as in (if he’s healthy) the sudden shift to more centering the offensive game plan on AR-15 this time after all: “September Surprise!”
Somehow suspect we DON’T see that now, though. ANY chance of it pulled up with AR’s left back thigh there late against USF.
A shame perhaps—this MIGHT have BEEN an early shot at throwing our “WE ARE BACK!” calling-card in the CFB Playoff “ante-up”.
As things are, I must seriously doubt it now: AR-15 HEALTHY IS our clear “QB of the future”, but he’d HAVE to be fully healthy for Coach to even consider throwing him into that role (at this somewhat still risky point—in THIS game and situation).
Coach HAS to think longer term than simply whether we might grab a long shot big win here and now...Too many ways it could HURT, rather than help, I suppose.
It’d just be so exciting: One of those “Remember where you were that night...?”-moments.
I just don’t think we’re about to see it—in fact I see all kinds of reasons that Mullen won’t risk AR15’s (or our PROGRAM’S) potentially dazzling future for a certain “shot in the dark” now, especially given all the above “surrounding factors”.
Would LOVE to see (and SAY) otherwise, “BUT...”
...No, our best, maybe the ONLY chance THIS team has, EVER had at THIS point in our relative “rise/return to relevance” at the center of major college football was and is to once more show up to play solid, shut down defense; Then let our talented mix of QBs and running backs keep it close: Control the clock, and the line of scrimmage, to a certain extent much of the way, then maybe grab the lead late.
NO one expects that to happen—including the young players on the Alabama side, I suspect (that’s exactly what Saban is bent out of shape about in the lead-up)...Smack ‘em upside the head from the start, keep it close into the 4th and maybe there’s a chance. The OTHER way, “the PUNCHER’S chance”, always depended on just a whole SLEW of “good fortune” and “random factors” going our way. On the other hand, we really do still have talent (at least starting) on both sides of the ball, a strong running game, and it’s at OUR PLACE.
Like a lot of folks though, INCLUDING a lot of Gator fans, I expect to lose this one. Also like “a lot of Gators”, I want and HOPE SO BAD to be WRONG.
And if it were to happen that we somehow won it, I have to say I’d expect AR15 to somehow play his part in that.
But let’s face it: All things considered, at this point in our ongoing slow, not exactly “relentless” but nonetheless “continuing” rise towards a place near, presumably eventually AT “The Top”, we’d be happy, ECSTATIC, to take a win HERE “any way we can GET it”.
No?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema