• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

I'm going to say it

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Richardson if healthy should be the starting quarterback. Jones threw four interceptions against FAU and USF and has failed on three red zone drives (including two of them in relief of Richardson). I know Jones is the experienced guy but it doesn't mean he's good (see John Brantley, the one who was Tebow's backup). However, I would rather start Jones against Bama and if things go terrible, start Richardson against UT.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Richardson if healthy should be the starting quarterback. Jones threw four interceptions against FAU and USF and has failed on three red zone drives (including two of them in relief of Richardson). I know Jones is the experienced guy but it doesn't mean he's good (see John Brantley, the one who was Tebow's backup). However, I would rather start Jones against Bama and if things go terrible, start Richardson against UT.
I think it might well go down much as you outline it.
Consider: The “tweaked hammy” gives Mullens the “cover” to sit him down early against Bama—not even use him automatic in their third offensive series as has become their “routine” thus far...if it gets away from them early, you go mainly with Emory, “see what he’s got” while “protecting” AR. Unless Jones truly responds with a brave and heroic performance that at the very least keeps things close throughout the game, you now have the right set of circumstances to perhaps “make the change”...
Still, it is a touchy, delicately fine line that COULD, handled wrong, potentially completely destroy team chemistry.
Glad I’M not the Coach in such a bind. What COULD have been an opportunity is now in fact a giant possible trap.
We can lose this one—but if we do, it must somehow be in close and “noble” fashion.
Trouble is, we haven’t so far yet shown a particular propensity for converting such moments to our advantage. We haven’t even consistently dominated teams we are clearly SUPERIOR to; How is this likely to go against “everybody’s Number One”???
I guess it is still sinking in:
“This isn’t our year.”
At what point then do we begin getting ourselves into position to aim for NEXT season?
That may well be the right, proper and realistic goal now, after all. It all comes down to what serves the team and program best, with that in mind.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema