• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

If Will Hill returns the interception...

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
If Will Hill returns that interception in overtime vs. Georgia all the way for a touchdown, do you think that single play is enough of a legacy for Will Hill to leave at Florida. He's had some big plays over the past few years, but not a single play that stands out in my mind. He could have lived in Gator lore forever with a touchdown there.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Absolutely. The difference between "Gator legend" and "I think I remember the guy that fell a yard short of a TD" can be easily lost amidst Will Hill's blown coverages.

Escambia94

That would have been nice to get rid of "Run Lindsey Run". Every 'effing year we have to see that replay.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yeah, for me it's like rubbing salt in a wound that's almost healed..."Ouch! THAT again!"
It was worse the first time, though, including that damn call, of course. Classic "Buzz-Kill" of all time--literally.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Still, one of the great things about WINNING The Party again is that as this "era-of-dominance" piles up, that run-and-call fades in importance, has already become practically all the color guys have pregame to juxtapose against our string of victories (well, that and the overall record, which is only now pretty even). The more we keep winning, the less it hurts; funny how that works. It's a principle I was just beginning to recognize and enjoy with regard to all our opponents--rivals only more so. I haven't forgotten we have Urban Meyer to thank for that. Just don't want it to slip away, just as it is within our grasp. C'mon, Urban, tweak the "Plan"!

The Zooker

VIP Member
Yeah, it really hasn't been a true rivalry since Spurrier showed back up at Florida. Complete ownage is the term for this annual matchup.

Escambia94

We are in an era of dominance over Georgia, yet the Puppy Dawgs are all choked up (get it?) about Jacksonville not being a neutral site. Funny. They were okay with it the previous 40ish out of 60ish times when they won on a neutral site.

The Zooker

VIP Member
There's no viable area near the border and inside Georgia. If they want a better site then they need to do a better job of urban development.

Escambia94

Exactly. Atlanta has 13,000 fewer seats and is 70ish miles from Athens. Jax is 70ish miles from G'ville. If people want it to be neutral, maybe we can alternate between ATL and JAX? Or, if it's worked well for umpteen years and UGA is only complaining after this period of dominance, we should just keep it the same.

JvilleJohnny

I think I heard someone say on the radio that had Hill scored on that interception it would have been 93 yards, the same as the lindsay scott play. and he took the same route on the same side of the field to the same endzone. creeeepy.:gator:

Escambia94

Putting my "positive thoughts hat" on, I suppose it works out better this way. We need our kicker to feel confident. The one player that benefitted the most from this win was Chas Henry. He needed this so that we can depend on him later. Will Hill just had to atone for a blown coverage and some laziness earlier in the year, and a 92.9-yard INT return just short of a TD does that for him. I suppose.

"Positive thought hat" off--I wish Will Hill would have scored so that we could stop playing Run Lindsay Run every friggin' year. Darn you, Will! Try picking up the ladies tonight in G'ville when you tell 'em you were just an inch short of satisfaction!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema