• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

I don't know if this has been brought up...

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Honestly I don't see Notre Dame firing Charlie Weis this year (I think he'll get one more year). I'm more worried about Spikes, Harvin, and Tebow leaving early for the draft or one of his assistants (Strong and Mullen) leaving for a head coaching job than Meyer leaving as of now.

kengatorfan

Gator Fan
Perhaps as things have changed so has Urban Meyer's mind about his 'Dream Job' being the Coach of ND? Perhaps Florida has won him over?

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
With a $20 million buyout in his contract and the economy in the shape it's in right now, it would be asinine on the part of ND to let Weis go at this point in time; also, he's poised to bring in another top recruiting class so that could change things there. I also see Weis shuffling his staff around and making some changes after this season. At least this year the Irish are bowl-eligible, which after last year's fiasco is an improvement.

While Coach Meyer's kids are still in school, I don't see him eager to make another move. Another plus is that because of the football talent in this part of the country, he doesn't need to travel extensively to recruit and can still spend quality time with his family as he wants to do.

As far as the article goes, it's just another sportswriter bored in front of his PC with nothing better to do - that, or else he's pulling a Mike Bianchi by writing something on purpose knowing he'll get a rise out of the Gator fanbase.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
O-Town, like the article said Meyer's family isn't that young. Next Year, his oldest daughter will be GT, and his middle child will be a HS junior. I say it won't happen for a few years. However, like you and the article said that he can recruit in the state because Florida is rich with football talent and U of Florida is the best team in the state.

Honestly I don't see Notre Dame firing Charlie Weis this year (I think he'll get one more year). I'm more worried about Spikes, Harvin, and Tebow leaving early for the draft or one of his assistants (Strong and Mullen) leaving for a head coaching job than Meyer leaving as of now.

I agree that Notre Dame would be crazy to actually fork over the 20 million dollar buyout for Weis, but honestly it is Notre Dame and their alumni base has that kind of money. If any coach is worth going to all lengths to get, it's Urban Meyer. I do think that Harvin and Spikes are gone, but I really do see Tebow coming back next year and with as much young talent and speed as they have on both sides of the ball I don't think a lack of returning talent will have anything to do with Urban leaving. Argh, it's really not something that I want to be worrying about with such a great season in the making. Especially since I also happen to be a Philly football fan and the Reid/McNabb debacle is more than enough for me to handle...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema